Author Topic: Hi all  (Read 1442 times)

Offline Matekk

Hi all
« on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 02:02:32 »
Hey everyone,
I'm Matt, been lurking around here the last couple of days.
I've never owned or typed on a mechanical keyboard other than a few min at the store, all I know is I want one... Hell, I want more than one.
Here's hoping I can find some nice clicky switches (so far I like cherry mx greens) and build a custom 60-75%-er with a bi*ching case and pimped out keycaps.  :D

Cheers!

P.S.:
Also, If anyone could explain to me the "The Church Of Halverson" thread, coz I've stumbled upon it and I'm mighty confused, tnx  ;)

Offline mrlooolz

Re: Hi all
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 23:33:08 »
Hey Matt!,

I just got my first MK and I love it. IT is a ducky shine 5 with brown switches. I mostly game but they are great for games or typing. If you can afford it, but a switch tester and see what you like or do it through buying many switches! get something read first and when you level up do something custom! or if you crazy just go for it and plank :D
Ducky Shine 5 w Mx Browns  | White fox w Zelio's purple 67g | Gateron Blank set

Current Aims: Jack O Lantern is my end game cap. Looking for one.
                                                   --> MrLooolz's Classified. <--

Offline Matekk

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 14:51:11 »
Thanks for the advice :)
Ducky is very nice, but a little difficult to get in my country. I'm thinking about a Cherry G80 3000 for a first mech since it's the most available and a pretty nice price too.
I can see myself desoldering the switches already :D

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 15:14:10 »
Welcome! I too love a good clicky switch. Don't listen to the haters, which will tell you they suck.  :p But all that get surpassed by the love for Topre. Once you go Topre, you never go back. HHKB4Lyfe.

The Church of Halverson cannot be explained. It must be experienced. Praise Girlshark.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 15:23:19 »
Hey everyone,
I'm Matt, been lurking around here the last couple of days.
I've never owned or typed on a mechanical keyboard other than a few min at the store, all I know is I want one... Hell, I want more than one.
Here's hoping I can find some nice clicky switches (so far I like cherry mx greens) and build a custom 60-75%-er with a bi*ching case and pimped out keycaps.  :D

Cheers!

P.S.:
Also, If anyone could explain to me the "The Church Of Halverson" thread, coz I've stumbled upon it and I'm mighty confused, tnx  ;)

Howdy stranger!  If you like Greens but don't want to pay custom prices while still getting a quality board the Kul ES-87 is a good board albeit slightly larger than a 60% or 75% board.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 00:06:27 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Have you typed much on greens?  Many people find them too heavy for extended typing sessions.  I quite like them.

As for the Church of Halverson, as inanis said, it must be experienced.  Feel free to post in the thread, and perhaps the GirlShark Wizbro himself will grace you with a response ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ