Author Topic: Nightcaps: | | |  (Read 45386292 times)

Offline Phitness

Re: Nightcaps: Poisoned Summer: Day 46
« Reply #13250 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 14:29:34 »
I feel like ETF just saw Star Wars for the first time recently. 

Offline vinzlr

« Reply #13251 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 14:29:44 »
**** I missed it by like 1 minute :( was looking for supplies to make my own keycaps, came back and refreshed it and when i submit the form it was already closed :(

Offline Jeu

« Reply #13252 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 14:29:51 »
What a day to just miss. Lucky winners today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline the-slunk

« Reply #13253 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 14:30:21 »
I'm an idiot, even though there was two anakin quotes, one of them was modified... This is too stressful!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline icedogg

« Reply #13254 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 14:30:38 »
Barely got in, phone was buzzing down meeting so I had to guess as time was almost out I think hah. GL all!
QFR Greens - Unicorn Vomit....'
KB v60 Blues - Miami
*Join the Clicky Bangwagon...*

(>^.^)> Wanna Trade!? <(^.^<)

Offline Corgi Butts

« Reply #13255 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 14:30:50 »
Dangit!  The one time today I went to the bathroom! 

Offline diiiP

« Reply #13256 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 14:30:55 »
Well, got the trivia wrong...
Time for some salt  :)

Offline SmilingPolitely

« Reply #13257 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 14:31:40 »
I gotta say... this colorway... SO GOOD.

Offline the-slunk

« Reply #13258 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 14:32:18 »
Woooohhhh! Got the trivia right, and I second guessed myself!

Offline chefderek

« Reply #13259 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 14:34:08 »
Well, got the trivia wrong. My current mood: "this is outrageous! It's unfair."

Offline Duckunderscore

Re: Nightcaps: Poisoned Summer: Day 46 Complete
« Reply #13260 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 14:38:34 »
I genuinely despise the way these sales are run

Offline dangboy

• yes
« Reply #13261 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 14:39:39 »
Darn, got the trivia but no invoice.
brb

Offline BSmith333

« Reply #13262 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 14:39:59 »

I genuinely love the way these sales are run keep up the good work etf :thumb:

Offline Jalkan

« Reply #13263 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 14:40:05 »

Do you have a better suggestion? Serious question

Offline Qu4troQu4tro

« Reply #13264 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 14:42:30 »
I got the trivia wrong :/ oops

Offline Duckunderscore

« Reply #13265 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 14:43:07 »

I just feel like you shouldn't have to be constantly staring at your phone or computer waiting to throw money at someone and when the form does pop up you have to scramble to type in your information and take a wild guess at some inside joke meme trivia that nobody knows, I'm not saying anyone's entitled to anything but I feel like a less BS RNG raffle style would leave less of us with a bad taste in our mouth. I liked the way the 50/50 eggface sale was much better even though that trivia question was ridiculous.

Offline the-slunk

« Reply #13266 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 14:43:47 »
Yyyyeeesssssss!!!! RNGesus smiles upon me today.
Holy balls I'm so happy right now, this colorway is perfect.

Offline Jalkan

« Reply #13267 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 14:43:54 »

I just feel like you shouldn't have to be constantly staring at your phone or computer waiting to throw money at someone and when the form does pop up you have to scramble to type in your information and take a wild guess at some inside joke meme trivia that nobody knows, I'm not saying anyone's entitled to anything but I feel like a less BS RNG raffle style would leave less of us with a bad taste in our mouth. I liked the way the 50/50 eggface sale was much better even though that trivia question was ridiculous.

My opinion is that the way he does it makes it a fun little daily event.

Offline bamchk

• Hi! Smiling is my favourite thing to do :)
« Reply #13268 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 14:44:06 »
ETF, I don't know if you read these but my grandfather passed away a few days ago and it's been quite tough to see the light in the past few days (not literally of course). Winning this brought up just enough of a flicker of light to give me some happy energy and vibes that I needed. Although it was all luck, it's such a nice way to end the day. Had a long flight home after the funeral and all other proceedings and this brought a big smile to my face.

Congrats to all the fellow winners as well :)

Offline Kirkenjerk

« Reply #13269 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 14:45:21 »

You also don't have to enter the sale at all. Its entertaining and much more enjoyable than going to a massdrop page and paying for something.

Offline the-slunk

« Reply #13270 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 14:45:29 »
ETF, I don't know if you read these but my grandfather passed away a few days ago and it's been quite tough to see the light int he past few days (not literally of course). Winning this brought up just enough of a flicker of light to give me some happy energy and vibes that I needed. Although it was all luck, it's such a nice way to end the day. Had a long flight home after the funeral and all other proceedings and this brought a big smile to my face.

Sorry about your loss, but congrats on your win. If I recall correctly you were late to the party too, so it should make the win that much sweeter. Keep your head up.

Offline Corgi Butts

« Reply #13271 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 14:45:37 »
ETF, I don't know if you read these but my grandfather passed away a few days ago and it's been quite tough to see the light int he past few days (not literally of course). Winning this brought up just enough of a flicker of light to give me some happy energy and vibes that I needed. Although it was all luck, it's such a nice way to end the day. Had a long flight home after the funeral and all other proceedings and this brought a big smile to my face.

You got some good karma going your way!

Offline Asciana

« Reply #13272 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 14:45:41 »
Another loss :(

Offline HardcoreDesk

« Reply #13273 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 14:45:54 »

Step 1: Download the Discord app on your phone. Step 2: Join the mechkeys Discord server. Step 3: Join the Flashsales channel Step 4: Live your normal life until you get notified of the sale.

PS: Stop the salt

Offline Corgi Butts

« Reply #13274 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 14:46:03 »

GG!

Offline the-slunk

« Reply #13275 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 14:48:20 »

I believe ETF said he does these because he doesn't want his caps only going to people with money, and he's not dumb, he know he could do bids or sales and at least quadruple his money, I appreciate that he does it this way, and it keeps it fun. I had a blast BSing with other users these last few weeks to the point where even losing had an upside.

Enjoy your life while you can, too much sodium can take years off of it.

Offline Duckunderscore

Nightcaps: Poisoned Summer: Day 46 Complete
« Reply #13276 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 14:48:52 »

You also don't have to enter the sale at all. Its entertaining and much more enjoyable than going to a massdrop page and paying for something.
Personally I'd rather pick a number between 1-100000 than try and guess what inside joke meme answer the trivia is. Id at least feel like I had somewhat of a chance.

Offline nya

« Reply #13277 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 14:48:57 »
ETF, I don't know if you read these but my grandfather passed away a few days ago and it's been quite tough to see the light in the past few days (not literally of course). Winning this brought up just enough of a flicker of light to give me some happy energy and vibes that I needed. Although it was all luck, it's such a nice way to end the day. Had a long flight home after the funeral and all other proceedings and this brought a big smile to my face.

Congratulations!

Offline the-slunk

« Reply #13278 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 14:49:45 »

GG!
Sorry if that came out arrogant, I didn't mean it that way. I've had fun even losing these past few weeks, but if I could win only one cap so far (aside the Day20 I got) it would be this one.

Offline DirtyMonkey43

« Reply #13279 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 14:49:55 »

Personally I'd rather pick a number between 1-100000 than try and guess what inside joke meme answer the trivia is.

They're movie quotes and well known memes...not "inside jokes" lol

Offline Duckunderscore

« Reply #13280 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 14:52:03 »

I believe ETF said he does these because he doesn't want his caps only going to people with money, and he's not dumb, he know he could do bids or sales and at least quadruple his money, I appreciate that he does it this way, and it keeps it fun. I had a blast BSing with other users these last few weeks to the point where even losing had an upside.

I get that part, I'm definitely not suggesting sales or bids, I would just prefer if more of us at least had a chance. I enjoy sales that run along the lines of: enter your info, submit your form and the winners are completely random, the trivia is what's really killing me. Makes me feel like even if I get lucky enough to catch the form I still have zero chance because I'm not a meme lord.

Offline Jalkan

« Reply #13281 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 14:52:36 »

I get that part, I'm definitely not suggesting sales or bids, I would just prefer if more of us at least had a chance. I enjoy sales that run along the lines of: enter your info, submit your form and the winners are completely random, the trivia is what's really killing me. Makes me feel like even if I get lucky enough to catch the form I still have zero chance because I'm not a meme lord.

The trivia makes it feel like an adrenaline rush in my opinion

Offline DirtyMonkey43

« Reply #13282 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 14:52:58 »

Ever heard of google?

Offline Phitness

« Reply #13283 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 14:53:02 »

GG!
Sorry if that came out arrogant, I didn't mean it that way. I've had fun even losing these past few weeks, but if I could win only one cap so far (aside the Day20 I got) it would be this one.

GG! means Good Game...it's not an insult he was saying congrats.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #13284 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 14:53:02 »
Step 1: Download the Discord app on your phone. Step 2: Join the mechkeys Discord server. Step 3: Join the Flashsales channel Step 4: Live your normal life until you get notified of the sale.

I guess I'd have to add Step 0: Quit job that doesn't allow phones inside the lab and Discord is blocked.

This style of sale rewards people with a certain level of dedication and there is no way around that. What is easy for you is impossible for others.

I'd like a PS Moondrop but people at the right place and the right time got RnG into the sale. I've talked to 5 people that didn't really care for or want the Moondrop they won. If it was a straight 48 hour notice choose the sculpts you want sale then people that didn't want Moondrops wouldn't have selected Moondrops (at least numbers would be reduced). Nature of the game I guess, and if people don't express their displeasure then nothing will change.

My situation today: 10 minute conversation with co-worker. Miss Birb. The saga continues. Grats winners.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #13285 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 14:53:21 »

you could just always tred or buy them /shrug

Offline Corgi Butts

« Reply #13286 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 14:53:27 »

GG!

Not at all!  I meant that in a totally positive way!   :thumb:

Offline Duckunderscore

« Reply #13287 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 14:53:43 »

Personally I'd rather pick a number between 1-100000 than try and guess what inside joke meme answer the trivia is.

They're movie quotes and well known memes...not "inside jokes" lol

I genuinely don't think you can find a joke comparing these two movies anywhere on the internet

Offline bamchk

• Hi! Smiling is my favourite thing to do :)
« Reply #13288 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 14:55:34 »
Thank you for the kind words everyone. It's nice to be in such a great community!

Offline Doluded

• road to black star
« Reply #13289 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 14:55:39 »

I guess I'd have to add Step 0: Quit job that doesn't allow phones inside the lab and Discord is blocked.

This style of sale rewards people with a certain level of dedication and there is no way around that. What is easy for you is impossible for others.

I'd like a PS Moondrop but people at the right place and the right time got RnG into the sale. I've talked to 5 people that didn't really care for or want the Moondrop they won. If it was a straight 48 hour notice choose the sculpts you want sale then people that didn't want Moondrops wouldn't have selected Moondrops (at least numbers would be reduced). Nature of the game I guess, and if people don't express their displeasure then nothing will change.

My situation today: 10 minute conversation with co-worker. Miss Birb. The saga continues. Grats winners.

Offline WilySouser

• I would RTFM, but I can't find the FM
« Reply #13290 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 14:56:00 »
What were the numbers this time?  As in how unlucky was I in not getting an invoice?

Enjoyed teh question btw, made me lol.

Offline Corgi Butts

« Reply #13291 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 14:57:05 »

Mine: 10 minute bathroom break. Come back to find birb.  Doc link in OP.  Click link.  Form closed.  Cry.

Offline Duckunderscore

« Reply #13292 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 14:57:24 »

The trivia makes it feel like an adrenaline rush in my opinion
It does, I agree. I don't mean to come off as aggressive or anything, just frustrated and salty for being 0/46 lmao. I'll keep trying I guess. Grats to the winners.

Offline Jalkan

« Reply #13293 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 14:57:36 »

I personally have work all the time but my girlfriend texts me or even enters for me when I can't. If you care that much you can arrange something

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #13294 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 14:58:07 »

Pls keep getting into conversations with your coworkers

Offline Arallu

« Reply #13295 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 14:59:11 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 10:11:10 by Arallu »

Offline eat_the_food

• Bulb moon raisin
« Reply #13296 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 14:59:19 »
What were the numbers this time?  As in how unlucky was I in not getting an invoice?

Enjoyed teh question btw, made me lol.

169/453
More

Offline The AlbinoDino

« Reply #13297 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 15:00:10 »
Wow amazing looking cap  :blank:
Grats winners!

Offline WhatIfTrucksFates

• reddit
« Reply #13298 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 15:01:45 »
fr*ck was in a meeting :(

Offline the-slunk

« Reply #13299 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 15:09:44 »

Pls keep getting into conversations with your coworkers
Get new co-worker!