Author Topic: Hello. I'm new here.  (Read 1940 times)

Offline BOTTkey

Hello. I'm new here.
« on: Mon, 07 March 2016, 11:59:42 »
Hello.
I finally made an account on here.  Usually I get my keyboard fix from /r/MK. 

My keyboards:
CODE fullsize, mx-clears, vortex PBT caps
POK3R, white, mx-clears

I look forward to trying my luck at an artisan and maybe some group buy opportunities.  Maybe I will learn something along the way.

CODE Full, mx-clears | Pok3r, mx-clears

Offline Lleiwynn

Re: Hello. I'm new here.
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 07 March 2016, 23:49:41 »
Welcome! I'm really new here myself. Found my way over here from r/MK and after seeing a lot of my Google searches point me in this direction.

My keyboards:
CODE fullsize, mx-clears, vortex PBT caps
POK3R, white, mx-clears

How do you like the Pok3r with Clears? Do you have the backlit or PBT version? I have the backlit one on the way; should be here sometime later today. Curious about the stock keycaps.
Pok3r - 1976 - MX Clears   Magicforce 68 - Tai Hao - MX Greens

Offline BOTTkey

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 08 March 2016, 07:18:51 »
Welcome! I'm really new here myself. Found my way over here from r/MK and after seeing a lot of my Google searches point me in this direction.

How do you like the Pok3r with Clears? Do you have the backlit or PBT version? I have the backlit one on the way; should be here sometime later today. Curious about the stock keycaps.
Welcome to you too!
The Pok3r is the PBT version.  I've only used Mx clears.  After trying out a switch tester (max keyboard's), I liked the feel of clears the best.  I should branch out someday.  I like Mx whites. They are tactile with a very soft click.  They are hard to find though and would be too loud for work.
Congrats on the backlit pok3r.  That will be nice.  It is a lot of fun thinking of things to program to keys on the pok3r.  You'll like it. Very solid, crisp, and fun to type on.

Offline BOTTkey

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 08 March 2016, 07:23:47 »
I've noticed it is hard to post here.  The verifications hurt my eyes.  I promise I'm not a robot.  Do the verification captchas go away when I am no longer a "new user"?

Offline Capnmycraw

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 08 March 2016, 07:26:22 »
I was wondering the same thing.  These captchas are especially obnoxious.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 03:41:49 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

An excellent couple of keyboards you have, and congratulations on finding a Pok3r with whites, not a common switch at all!

Yes the Captchas do disappear after a while, 10 posts or 20 posts or a couple of weeks or something I think.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline BOTTkey

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 06:26:51 »
Thank you rowdy!

sorry for the confusion.  The pok3r has mx clears not whites.  Whites would be great find!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 18:55:41 »
Thank you rowdy!

sorry for the confusion.  The pok3r has mx clears not whites.  Whites would be great find!

That's ok :)

In some places MX clear is known as white anyway.

https://deskthority.net/wiki/Cherry_MX_White#Esoterica
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ