Author Topic: Hey, UK, from Reddit  (Read 3627 times)

Offline TheVengeance

Hey, UK, from Reddit
« on: Tue, 08 March 2016, 12:01:25 »
Hey,

Lurker but a fellow redditor / IRC MK nut.

I don't know why, but I love it all.

Novatouch, Planck, Access IS and waiting on a Dox.

Offline Liocer

Re: Hey, UK, from Reddit
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 08 March 2016, 12:31:49 »
Welcome :)

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 08 March 2016, 12:55:21 »
Hi. Welcome UK from Reddit  :p

I'm guessing those keyboards in your profile pic are your daily drivers?

What is your favorite switch?
Chris Schammert

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 08 March 2016, 13:07:12 »
Nice to meet you. It's honestly pretty great here. I've been a lurker for a few years but decided to be more active recently. The website has a bit of a learning curve, but once you get used to it, it's not bad.

I've been having a good time watching the Spy tab, so you kind of get an idea of whats going on around the community.

Offline Behemothe

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 08 March 2016, 14:49:26 »
Welcome!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 03:46:00 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Colour-coordinated keyboards - nice :)  Mine are all over the place, each one has different keycaps :))  At least it's a bit of variety.

What switches are in each board?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline TheVengeance

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 14 March 2016, 15:47:12 »
Thank for the warm welcome guys.

The boards are a Novatouch, an Access IS (blacks) and a Planck (browns) and waiting on an Ergodox (gateron Brown).

Caps are G20 sublimated from SA with the alphas dyed by a friend from the he scene.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 14 March 2016, 16:28:50 »
Heya another UK'er glad to meet you, best check out the making stuff together thread they make all kinds of maddness there ;p
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline knguyen553

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 15 March 2016, 00:44:44 »
Hey,

Lurker but a fellow redditor / IRC MK nut.

I don't know why, but I love it all.

Novatouch, Planck, Access IS and waiting on a Dox.

Welcome! I love my novatouch
HHKB Pro 2 | Realforce 87U 55g | SHTF: Cherry MX 7.62x39

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 15 March 2016, 01:13:55 »
Thank for the warm welcome guys.

The boards are a Novatouch, an Access IS (blacks) and a Planck (browns) and waiting on an Ergodox (gateron Brown).

Caps are G20 sublimated from SA with the alphas dyed by a friend from the he scene.

Have you got matching black/red cables too?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline TheVengeance

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 22 May 2016, 10:44:30 »
Blood Orange and Black? lol - no, do you know of any?

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 22 May 2016, 11:09:02 »

You could always get your friend from the he scene to dye some paracord for you ;)
Chris Schammert

Offline TheVengeance

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 22 May 2016, 11:44:11 »
That's  great idea. Hadn't thought of making my own. Guess there are probably plenty of tutorials.

Offline jaffers

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 22 May 2016, 11:49:41 »
The first step to getting better is to leave reddit

But it's ok, geekhack accepts all types

Offline Lpwl

• lpwl.bigcartel.com
    • My O-ring Store
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 22 May 2016, 11:56:33 »
Welcome to GH !

I knew your username looked familiar  :p

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 23 May 2016, 05:42:40 »

Pexon is one of the cable makers around here - have a look at his range: http://pexonpcs.co.uk/pages/colours

He has a vendor forum here, where you're more than welcome to request a custom colour.

And the best thing is, if I understand correctly you are in the UK - so is Pexon! :)