Author Topic: [eBay] Leading Edge DC-3014  (Read 15418 times)

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
Re: [eBay] Leading Edge DC-3014
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 18 March 2016, 12:47:20 »

Offline khronokrator

« Reply #51 on: Fri, 18 March 2016, 12:51:47 »
$420, Mark should be well pleased with that.  :-X

Offline E3E

« Reply #52 on: Sat, 19 March 2016, 19:51:57 »
The doubleshot ABS key caps are about the only thing holding this back from perfection.

Still above Tai Hao doubleshots. That layout might be compatible with the SGI Granite :O
Thick PBT might come its way.

Yep, the layout is identical. I use AT101 PBT caps on my Leading Edge. Still, Alps Electric doubleshots are actually really nice to type on and I actually use my DC-3014's caps on my Acer KB101A as I do not like Acer's standard caps, even though they look nice. I also use doubleshots from a Visual board on my favorite little Alps custom as seen in my profile pic, and I love them with Alps SKCL Green.

So you gonna dump those blue Alps boards, jwas? :P How many do you have?
« Last Edit: Sat, 19 March 2016, 19:54:17 by E3E »

Offline klennkellon

• I like bottoming out
« Reply #53 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 01:57:04 »
are blue alps boards really worth $500?

Offline E3E

« Reply #54 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 03:15:47 »

In a word: No.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #55 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 03:18:00 »
eBay has a talent for bringing out the real, genuine idiots. Either that or it has a talent for bringing out people with a lot of money.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline calavera

« Reply #56 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 03:37:27 »
eBay has a talent for bringing out the real, genuine idiots. Either that or it has a talent for bringing out people with a lot of money.

I would say idiots with money.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #57 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 07:28:50 »
Damn $420 for a blue alps board

Considering you can pick these up for less than half the price I sure hope it was worth it

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #58 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 09:19:52 »
Damn $420 for a blue alps board

Considering you can pick these up for less than half the price I sure hope it was worth it

A heavy, well-built keyboard in immaculate condition in native straight-ANSI is a unicorn.
If you know where more of "these" can be located, you can make some serious money.
My guess is that 90% of blue Alps keyboard sales are strictly as switch donors. (sorry Chyros)
"It's 110, but it doesn't feel it to me, right. If anybody goes down. Everybody was so worried yesterday about you and they never mentioned me. I'm up here sweating like a dog. They don’t think about me. This is hard work.
Do you feel the breeze? I don't want anybody going on me. We need every voter. I don't care about you. I just want your vote. I don't care."
- Donald Trump - Las Vegas 2024-06-09

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 10:27:57 »
Doesn't say for me for how much it went, what was the end result? =o
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline itzmeluigi

• ПБТ
« Reply #61 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 10:50:02 »

$580  :blank:

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #62 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 11:38:59 »

JESUS TITTY****ING CHRIST  :))

Offline E3E

« Reply #63 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 12:24:30 »
The Alps game is crazy. You know, I just can't help but look at that Datacomp and feel like it's way too much, even for a mint condition keyboard.

A heavy, well-built keyboard in immaculate condition in native straight-ANSI is a unicorn.
If you know where more of "these" can be located, you can make some serious money.
My guess is that 90% of blue Alps keyboard sales are strictly as switch donors. (sorry Chyros)

They aren't as rare as it seems, honestly. Ebay is just NOT the place to go looking for boards AT ALL.

Offline Mattr567

« Reply #64 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 14:45:02 »

JESUS TITTY****ING CHRIST  :))

:eek: Holt **** this is getting wayyyyyy out of hand. Plus shipping this puts it over $600 :O

The Alps game is crazy. You know, I just can't help but look at that Datacomp and feel like it's way too much, even for a mint condition keyboard.

They aren't as rare as it seems, honestly. Ebay is just NOT the place to go looking for boards AT ALL.

Agreed. This is getting really ridiculous. I feel most SKCM Blue boards are scrapped but the really nice ones like the DC-3014, or the Acer KB-101A, or early Northgates especially. Same goes for the ZKB-2. The less standard the board is the higher chance it could to be scrapped like the Z-150 or DC-2014.

At this point I wonder if Alps should just put SKCM Blue back in production with all of these high prices lol.

How about this for an idea, SKCM White click leaf + SKCM Orange = SKCM Blues for a **** ton less! Especially given my Grey Plate SKCM Oranges they resemble SKCM Blues even more. Hell I could do that for fairly cheap to my SKCM Orange Granite.
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 March 2016, 14:48:32 by Mattr567 »
Wang 725-3770 SKCM Brown, 1995
Zenith 163-73 - SKCM Blue, 1990
KBP V60 MTS - SKCM Amber w/ Canon HiPros
IBM P77, SKCC Green, 1984
IBM P70 - Alps Plate Spring, 1989
Compaq MX 11800, MX Black, 1997

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #65 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 14:57:25 »
How about this for an idea, SKCM White click leaf + SKCM Orange = SKCM Blues for a **** ton less! Especially given my Grey Plate SKCM Oranges they resemble SKCM Blues even more. Hell I could do that for fairly cheap to my SKCM Orange Granite.
You don't need click leaves to click mod tactile Alps switches ;) .

Offline E3E

« Reply #66 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 15:30:05 »

Yep, just snip the top "prongs" on tactile leaves, as they're there to keep the leave from bending forward and snapping back, and thus clicking, so you could easily click mod SKCM Oranges. Nubbinator even prefers click-modded orange Alps over SKCM Blue.

The tactile leaves on SKCM white are little bit sharper than SKCM blues, so they aren't as smooth. I have swapped a white click leaf into an orange before, and while really similar to an SKCM blue, they are a tiny bit more stiff because the SKCM white click leaf has sharper bends on its legs.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #67 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 15:37:44 »

Yep, just snip the top "prongs" on tactile leaves, as they're there to keep the leave from bending forward and snapping back, and thus clicking, so you could easily click mod SKCM Oranges. Nubbinator even prefers click-modded orange Alps over SKCM Blue.

The tactile leaves on SKCM white are little bit sharper than SKCM blues, so they aren't as smooth. I have swapped a white click leaf into an orange before, and while really similar to an SKCM blue, they are a tiny bit more stiff because the SKCM white click leaf has sharper bends on its legs.
Indeed!

BTW, tactile leaves do miss the knocker bar that are present on click leaves so they won't be identical, but click modded oranges have gotten some good reviews :) .

Offline E3E

« Reply #68 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 15:42:17 »
Oh true, that's right! They don't have that tiny little feature, haha. Yeah, there aren't many ways to get closer to an SKCM Blue than click-modding oranges or putting SKCM white leaves into one.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #69 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 16:06:30 »
Someone told me that Elvis owned this keyboard, so I'm sure it was worth every penny.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg