Author Topic: Whats up!  (Read 2734 times)

Offline Almada71

Whats up!
« on: Thu, 10 March 2016, 16:05:09 »
So I'm new here on GeekHack and id thought Id say hello. Ive wanted a mech for a while but never gotten one until about a month ago. Within the past month I have picked up a Royal Kludge board with kailh browns. Then a matias quiet click, then i decided to order a custom board from MaxKeyboard with cherry greys. Then i ordered a Pok3r with clears. I love tactile switches. So thank you for having me here! I look forward to reading and learning more about building a board next!

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger
Re: Whats up!
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 10 March 2016, 16:06:05 »
Welcome! How did you like the quiet click?

Offline Almada71

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 10 March 2016, 16:10:13 »
I liked them quite a bit. They feel very nice, but louder then my greys and clears.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 10 March 2016, 17:08:06 »
mmmm quiet click. Welcome to GH  :)
Chris Schammert

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 19:35:54 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

A whole keyboards with grays?  Yikes!  Strong fingers?

If you had to choose just one of your keyboards, which would it be?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Almada71

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 15 March 2016, 17:40:12 »
Yup! Entirely greys! and I love it! And if I had to pic a board it would probably be my max keyboard with greys, closely followed by my pok3r with clears. and im a big dude with strong fingers, I love heavy switches. Probably going to try greens next.

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

• LiquidEvilGaming Youtube
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 15 March 2016, 18:32:47 »
So I'm new here on GeekHack and id thought Id say hello. Ive wanted a mech for a while but never gotten one until about a month ago. Within the past month I have picked up a Royal Kludge board with kailh browns. Then a matias quiet click, then i decided to order a custom board from MaxKeyboard with cherry greys. Then i ordered a Pok3r with clears. I love tactile switches. So thank you for having me here! I look forward to reading and learning more about building a board next!

Quiet click switches are great!  Had i not become obsessed with Topre i likely would have made my next purchase of one.
Current Daily Driver/s
White Leopold 750R MX Reds
Head of LiquidEvilGaming on Youtube
i7 4790k/16GB DDR3/GTX 1060 6GB SSC/256GB Samsung SSD/2TB SSHD/W10

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 04:02:23 »
Yup! Entirely greys! and I love it! And if I had to pic a board it would probably be my max keyboard with greys, closely followed by my pok3r with clears. and im a big dude with strong fingers, I love heavy switches. Probably going to try greens next.

In that case you probably need to try a buckling spring keyboard - a Model M or a Model F.  Can't beat the feel of those, and the sounds :)  And the PBT keycaps!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline banakrabber

• O-rings made for mechanical keyboards
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 14:30:44 »
Hi and Welcome to Geekhack !

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 14:33:47 »

In that case you probably need to try a buckling spring keyboard - a Model M or a Model F.  Can't beat the feel of those, and the sounds :)  And the PBT keycaps!
Model F 122, or a PC 122. Get a battleship!
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 March 2016, 04:44:07 by csmertx »
Chris Schammert

Offline Almada71

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 14:55:06 »
You guys are probably right. I need to find me a nice IBM buckling spring keyboard. And those 122 models look perfect! Heavy duty!

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

• LiquidEvilGaming Youtube
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 15:09:46 »
I nearly was about to order a Unicomp myself at one point but read/heard LOTS of complaints about them all over with QC.  Maybe one day i'll order/trade for a Bolt Modded IBM.
Current Daily Driver/s
White Leopold 750R MX Reds
Head of LiquidEvilGaming on Youtube
i7 4790k/16GB DDR3/GTX 1060 6GB SSC/256GB Samsung SSD/2TB SSHD/W10

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 04:33:49 »
You guys are probably right. I need to find me a nice IBM buckling spring keyboard. And those 122 models look perfect! Heavy duty!

+1

Good for hand to hand combat, should you ever tire of using them to type on, or have a particularly bothersome workmate.