Author Topic: Do wood keyboard cases feel good to type on?  (Read 27317 times)

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: Do wood keyboard cases feel good to type on?
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 02 May 2016, 20:51:07 »
Just to report in, I just got Danger Zone on my Pok3r, and when the top is on, there is a very thin gap.

First image is with flash to highlight it (I have terrible light at my desk), second is without with power on, so you can see the bleed through from leds.

As I'm only using it for a cover, not to transport, it's fine for me.  If you were going to transport, I think it would still be fine, you'd just need strapping around it.

Functional pics in the what did you add to your keyboard thread.

Offline spanyam

• Enjoy the gift of life!
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 06:37:06 »
Awesome thanks for reporting in!
SKCM Orange ALPS on Infinity 60% bent-metal case w/ hasu ALPS64 PCB and PBT blank DSA caps | KBP V60 w/ Matias Quiet Linears | IBM Model M | QFR w/ MX Blues

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
    • Bishop Computer Design web
« Reply #52 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 07:36:59 »
here is my wood60. its all wood. plate and body are one piece. it has a nice sound. kinda hollow, and mellow. Me like.
i would guess that the sound would be alot different if the plate wasn't wood as well.

http://imgur.com/a/bEnsH
Projects
Build to give back, 40% | Alps/Matias Removal ToolUltraHack 67% Hackdura  | ErgoDox case

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 08:09:49 »
here is my wood60. its all wood. plate and body are one piece. it has a nice sound. kinda hollow, and mellow. Me like.
i would guess that the sound would be alot different if the plate wasn't wood as well.

That looks really nice!  Even has a mounting point for the teensy! :)

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
    • Bishop Computer Design web
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 08:21:45 »

That looks really nice!  Even has a mounting point for the teensy! :)

it was my first attempt at building a keyboard. lots of learning went on here. also hot glue to hole the teensy LOL. its ugly but it works. i have this board still to this day but i dont use it as much as i used to. i need to pull it out and use it more :/
Projects
Build to give back, 40% | Alps/Matias Removal ToolUltraHack 67% Hackdura  | ErgoDox case

Offline dustigroove

« Reply #55 on: Sat, 06 August 2016, 21:18:20 »
Just to report in [...] when the top is on, there is a very thin gap.

First image is with flash to highlight it (I have terrible light at my desk), second is without with power on, so you can see the bleed through from leds.

Show Image

Show Image

Out of curiosity, is the inside of the cover bare wood or lined? Do you think that the top could be thinned out enough to accommodate a taller keyset without the gap?