Author Topic: USPS Priority Mail Delivers on Saturday... Right?  (Read 12045 times)

Offline itlnstln

USPS Priority Mail Delivers on Saturday... Right?
« on: Fri, 11 December 2009, 15:25:07 »
I ordered a refrigerator part (main controller board) the other day, and I really need it before something bad happens to the fridge.  It was sent via Priority Mail, but USPS's well-built tracking page doesn't have an expected delivery date.  Provided it takes 2 days to get here like most Priority Mail, it should get here tomorrow. So...  does anyone know if Priority Mail is delivered on Saturday?  I would assume so since it's USPS.  I would be very disappointed to know that I can receive a bill on Saturday but not a part I really need for my refrigerator.

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 11 December 2009, 15:47:20 »
I'm hoping DHL delivers on Saturdays... Albeit due to the keyboard Sixty is sending me.

I feel for you though - one our our two fridges went wonky a few weeks ago and it took them ages for the company to get the right replacement part. Thing is, we actually need two fridges because my Mam teaches cookery classes and needs to store loads of stuff in the fridge in the days beforehand. Trying to find places to store regular stuff amongst all the ingredients was not easy at all...

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 11 December 2009, 17:58:45 »
USPS delivers on Saturday and Sunday when appropriately sent. I don't know which category Priority Mail falls in, but I was stunned to receive something in US Mail on a Sunday once. It was pretty chilly here in hell, come to think of it.
I trolled Geekhack and all I got was an eponymous SPOS.

Offline skriefal

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 11 December 2009, 18:43:28 »
Yes, the USPS delivery Priority Mail packages on Saturdays.  Unfortunately the 2-day delivery promise was removed long ago, and now most Priority packages are delivered no quicker than a 1st class item shipped from the same source.  Of course the cost has also doubled or tripled concurrently with the increase in delivery times.

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 14 December 2009, 07:55:40 »
Quote from: skriefal;141584
Yes, the USPS delivery Priority Mail packages on Saturdays. Unfortunately the 2-day delivery promise was removed long ago, and now most Priority packages are delivered no quicker than a 1st class item shipped from the same source. Of course the cost has also doubled or tripled concurrently with the increase in delivery times.

Yeah, I was counting on the 2-day service.  Didn't happen.  I should be getting my part today.  I am very unhappy.  That is, with USPS.  The seller (on eBay) was prompt, cheap, and with free shipping (and great seller ratings to boot).