Author Topic: KUL ES-87 With Reduce Pining Mod  (Read 5436 times)

Offline TheInverseKey

• You can run but you cannot hide!
KUL ES-87 With Reduce Pining Mod
« on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 14:11:06 »
Here is my first review on the KUL ES-87.

Also on my keyboard I noticed that it liked to ping very loudly so included is a mod that will help reduce the noise.

Offline thaddeus

Re: KUL ES-87 With Reduce Pining Mod
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 14:12:20 »
The video is private. But I am interested in your mod, as I experience this on the odd occasion with my ES-87 (mx brown).

Offline TheInverseKey

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 14:15:34 »
The video is private. But I am interested in your mod, as I experience this on the odd occasion with my ES-87 (mx brown).

Thanks. Changed to unlisted.

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

• LiquidEvilGaming Youtube
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 14:17:20 »

Also on my keyboard I noticed that it liked to ping very loudly so included is a mod that will help reduce the noise.

It's odd i see such variance on people experiencing this issue or not, personally both my MX Browns KUL's seem fine the MX Green one i sold was fine the only one i noticed it on was the MX Clears board (but then again every MX Clears board iv'e owned has had it to a degree).

Current Daily Driver/s
White Leopold 750R MX Reds
Head of LiquidEvilGaming on Youtube
i7 4790k/16GB DDR3/GTX 1060 6GB SSC/256GB Samsung SSD/2TB SSHD/W10

Offline ThoughtArtist

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 18:52:04 »

It's odd i see such variance on people experiencing this issue or not, personally both my MX Browns KUL's seem fine the MX Green one i sold was fine the only one i noticed it on was the MX Clears board (but then again every MX Clears board iv'e owned has had it to a degree).

I have three MX Brown TKLs: Varmilo VA87MN, KUL ES-87, Ducky One TKL.

The Varmilo has the least resonation and it also the lightest, but it more compact. The KUL is second, as far as resonation. The most resonating one is the Ducky; it is noticeably louder than the other two.

This begs the question: How similar are the metal back-plates in all three? I may try to measure them.

Offline ThoughtArtist

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 19:24:18 »

The Varmilo has the least resonation and it also the lightest, but it more compact. The KUL is second, as far as resonation. The most resonating one is the Ducky; it is noticeably louder than the other two.

This begs the question: How similar are the metal back-plates in all three? I may try to measure them.

Now my Varmilo has a pinging "R" key. Noooooo!!!

I may just do this mod to all my boards!

Offline TheInverseKey

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 01:12:22 »

On honestly best mod and I can now type with out  headphones.

Offline ThoughtArtist

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 23:04:37 »

On honestly best mod and I can now type with out  headphones.

It can't hurt either. I wonder how effective Leopold's sound material is vs the case design alone in its ping reduction. Say, if you just used a sheet of that same material in the KUL; would it make a difference? I've not really seen any in depth study of the efficacy of Leopold's implementation of sound dampening material.