Author Topic: Greetings from Abu Dhabi, Long Time Lurker  (Read 1726 times)

Offline runningrock

Greetings from Abu Dhabi, Long Time Lurker
« on: Fri, 24 June 2016, 14:56:03 »
Long time Lurker,  I've already built 3 keyboards KC60, Atreus, and Ergodox.  Didn't join earlier because I find the old school layout strange.  I have a DSA on the keyboard, but think I might want to return to Cherry/cylindrical profile keys.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
Re: Greetings from Abu Dhabi, Long Time Lurker
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 25 June 2016, 09:49:29 »
Welcome to GeekHack!

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 25 June 2016, 09:55:54 »
Long time Lurker,  I've already built 3 keyboards KC60, Atreus, and Ergodox.  Didn't join earlier because I find the old school layout strange.  I have a DSA on the keyboard, but think I might want to return to Cherry/cylindrical profile keys.

Welcome!

Im just now getting around to getting some cherry profile keycaps for the first time.  How do you like the Atreus vs the Ergodox?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 26 June 2016, 01:28:18 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Any pictures of your keyboards?  We welcome pictures here, especially in the relevant thread in the media section.

DSA are good because they are uniform profile, and can be made to fit most keyboards.  With Cherry profile, often there are a few special keycaps missing for layouts like the Ergo Dox and Atrius at least.

The KC60 seems to have a more conventional layout, and thus most keycap sets should fit.

Which switches have you got in the keyboards?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ