Author Topic: (GB) Smart 68 & Smart Pad (order closed, preparing production)  (Read 112047 times)

Offline edsucks

Re: (GB) Smart 68 & Smart Pad (order closed, preparing production)
« Reply #600 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 14:10:03 »
Feng emailed me to confirm my address but then I never got a shipping notification. That was two weeks ago.

Same here

+2

+3

I actually just saw the email the other day, but looking at this thread, it doesn't seem like it matters that I replied late.

Offline gutsack

« Reply #601 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 14:10:42 »
Honestly, feels like Feng sent those emails because I reported this GB to the mods. I think it was a stalling tactic.

Offline dzugashvili

« Reply #602 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 11:36:35 »
Who still hasn't received theirs? I still haven't received the socket I am missing.

I still have not received my board.  I actually got a little excited when feng said he was shipping them out  :-X

After sending more than a few unanswered PMs I finally got a response from feng on changing my shipping address. (Yes, this group buy has gone so damn long over the provided timeframe that I, and I assume other people, have moved.)  His response said that he received my message and would send it to the correct address that week......two weeks after he told us here that he was shipping them all out.  At this point I'm wondering if it's actually ever going to ship.

But as annoying as my situation is I really feel for you, dzugashvili.  Having a defective unit sitting there and not knowing if you are ever going to get it fixed sucks.

Yeah it sucks this gb has turned into such a mess. I even ordered a few hotswap sockets from zeal just to see if they would work even though I was sure they were too small... and sure enough they were too small haha. Ah well, hopefully feng gets things turned around so we can all stop worrying about this in the back of our minds.

Offline ruiner17

« Reply #603 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 12:06:25 »
I didn't even get an email. I'm going to reply to my paypal payment to him.

Offline aznreaper

« Reply #604 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 01:12:28 »
Just got a smart pad, can anyone tell me how to program the thing? Is it essentially the same as reprograming a GHpad?

Offline ctzn_voyager

« Reply #605 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 08:16:18 »
Just got a smart pad, can anyone tell me how to program the thing? Is it essentially the same as reprograming a GHpad?

Did you get any shipping notification or did it just show up?

Offline aznreaper

« Reply #606 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 21:47:50 »
Sorry, actually bought it off a member who was selling theirs on the classifieds. Would appreciate it if anyone can help me with how to program this though.

Offline trexous

• ~.~
« Reply #607 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 18:20:37 »
hey feng can you please reply to my PM's since I am getting chargedback from selling a slot due to your miscommunication.

Offline edsucks

« Reply #608 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 11:22:49 »
Has anyone else here gotten their kit yet? I'm still completely in the dark.
The fact that feng hasn't logged in to geekhack for a month now kinda concerns me, seeing he stated that he'd ship out the rest of the boards and pads "this week" back in July.

Offline FFevo

« Reply #609 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 12:11:30 »
The fact that feng hasn't logged in to geekhack for a month now kinda concerns me, seeing he stated that he'd ship out the rest of the boards and pads "this week" back in July.

I haven't heard or received anything either.  I knew how long it had been since Feng said he was shipping that week but I didn't realize he hasn't been online in a month...that is super concerning.

What are our options at this point?  Report to mods again?  File a claim with PayPal?

Offline edsucks

« Reply #610 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 19:04:32 »

I haven't heard or received anything either.  I knew how long it had been since Feng said he was shipping that week but I didn't realize he hasn't been online in a month...that is super concerning.

What are our options at this point?  Report to mods again?  File a claim with PayPal?

I'm not sure if PayPal would do anything at this point (someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).
The best course of action is probably to contact the mods again, and see what happens in the following weeks/months.
I hate to be harsh like I have been in the last posts, but this is honestly completely unacceptable at this stage.
I'm not concerned about whether or not I'll get my kit at all, but rather how long it will take.
I don't want to be stuck waiting for more weeks/months for something I paid a decently large sum of money for, well over a year ago.
The thing that makes this GB even more sour is just the blatant lies and false promises up to this point.

Offline stillzman

« Reply #611 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 07:13:58 »
As much as I would like to get my money back, I think it's too late for PayPal to be able to do anything. I should have never joined his GB.

Offline Asbrodeus

« Reply #612 on: Wed, 11 October 2017, 11:35:28 »
Just in case anyone was wondering I still haven't received my keyboard.

Offline FFevo

« Reply #613 on: Wed, 11 October 2017, 11:39:43 »
Same...

Offline edsucks

« Reply #614 on: Wed, 11 October 2017, 18:56:43 »
Still absolutely nothing on my end either.  :(
It's honestly funny how many things have happened in my life between paying for my order in this GB and now.

Offline stillzman

« Reply #615 on: Wed, 11 October 2017, 20:54:29 »
Nothing on my end either.

Since it seems like we were robbed, will never get the items we paid for and no way of getting our money back... I at least hope our money was used for a good cause.

Offline edsucks

« Reply #616 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 04:28:09 »
Out of curiosity for other people who are still waiting for their kit.
What color did you pick when you ordered? My order is for silver.
I've seen a lot of gray kits delievered, but I can't remember seeing a single silver kit.
I wonder if the anodization is just messed up for the silver kits, and feng hasn't gotten around to reanodizing them.
I do remember him talking about anodization issues a few months back in the thread.

Offline kacase

• All things bright and beautiful.
    • 9di
« Reply #617 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 05:56:09 »
I did receive my silver Smart Pad. I only ordered the pad though, not the keyboard l.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Orion V2 | Rama M65-A | Rama M67-A aka. Exent | Keycool TKL | Cherry MX Board 3.0

Offline FFevo

« Reply #618 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 09:57:48 »
What color did you pick when you ordered?

Red.   V2, Layout A, Carbon Fiber plate.

My guess is that Feng just hasn't gotten around to fixing the sticky fn bar.

Offline edsucks

« Reply #619 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 23:29:25 »
I guess we're all just in the same boat then.
Sad that the GB had to go this sour, because it really does look like a nice kit.
It's silly that we basically have to beg and plead for long overdue updates, and still get nothing.

Offline Asbrodeus

« Reply #620 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 05:53:58 »
mine was a grey v2 A.

Offline Antacs

« Reply #621 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 09:34:16 »
Out of curiosity for other people who are still waiting for their kit.
What color did you pick when you ordered? My order is for silver.
I've seen a lot of gray kits delievered, but I can't remember seeing a single silver kit.
I wonder if the anodization is just messed up for the silver kits, and feng hasn't gotten around to reanodizing them.
I do remember him talking about anodization issues a few months back in the thread.

I'm waiting on a gray smart pad (I can't remember what version, it's been so long).

Offline Fearian

• 3D
« Reply #622 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 16:20:15 »
*sigh*

So I dug out this board to see if a new USB cable worked any better with it and the USB connector just fell right off the PCB.

I took it apart and soldered the USB connection back on, way way more secure than when it first arrived!
However clearly something got messed up because while LED's light up when the board is plugged in, none of the keys work. I've spent the last couple of hours trying to reflash the board with little success.

So! If anyone can help me diagnose what's wrong with my board, I'd really appreciate it.
Feng, if you ever read this thread, would it be possible to get a replacement PCB if I can't fix this on my own?

Offline edsucks

« Reply #623 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 20:16:18 »
*sigh*

So I dug out this board to see if a new USB cable worked any better with it and the USB connector just fell right off the PCB.

I took it apart and soldered the USB connection back on, way way more secure than when it first arrived!
However clearly something got messed up because while LED's light up when the board is plugged in, none of the keys work. I've spent the last couple of hours trying to reflash the board with little success.

So! If anyone can help me diagnose what's wrong with my board, I'd really appreciate it.
Feng, if you ever read this thread, would it be possible to get a replacement PCB if I can't fix this on my own?

Fingers crossed for you, though, I very much doubt you'll get a replacement.
If this was a properly run GB, that would be no issue, seeing as your PCB is defective.
There are quite a few of us (myself included) that still haven't gotten our orders, and are just stuck waiting in the dark with absolutely zero communication from feng.

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #624 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 20:48:45 »
Does anyone know where I could find a guide for programming this?

Offline Shados

« Reply #625 on: Sun, 12 November 2017, 15:29:09 »
*sigh*

Most likely, you've got the power and ground lines of the USB soldered securely, but one or both of the data lines (D- and D+) don't have a solid connection. Of course, the board or connector may be too damaged to easily reconnect those lines...

Offline Fearian

• 3D
« Reply #626 on: Thu, 23 November 2017, 04:52:43 »
on close inspection I think I have two lines connected by some stray solder  :-X

Offline nanomess

« Reply #627 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 21:02:33 »
Hey guys,
So here is my one all set up. I have a second one (as pictured), that's not been used at all. PM me if you're interested in buying it.
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 November 2017, 21:16:53 by nanomess »

Offline E3E

• Alps Evangelist
« Reply #628 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 08:58:16 »
My SmartPad v2 is also up for sale. High profile case, red ano'd aluminum, carbon fiber plate.

I've never used it and really don't think I'll ever really need it:

Shoot me a PM if you have any interest.

Offline ctzn_voyager

« Reply #629 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 09:43:23 »
Look at all you people that actually received something. Pfft.

Offline gutsack

« Reply #630 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 17:52:17 »
I have requested Feng be banned from GH and this sub forum deleted after this fraudulent group buy. Thread started here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=92812.0

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #631 on: Sat, 02 December 2017, 13:55:50 »
Do you know how many didn't receive what they ordered? Cause I haven't seen many people complain based on the amount of people who have written in this thread.

Offline kacase

• All things bright and beautiful.
    • 9di
« Reply #632 on: Sat, 02 December 2017, 14:46:44 »
I actually received my order!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Orion V2 | Rama M65-A | Rama M67-A aka. Exent | Keycool TKL | Cherry MX Board 3.0

Offline FFevo

« Reply #633 on: Sat, 02 December 2017, 15:03:15 »
I never received my order. I contacted Feng many times and at one point (months and months ago) he told me the order would ship by the end of the week.

Offline edsucks

« Reply #634 on: Sun, 03 December 2017, 20:07:50 »
I never received my order either.
My PMs to Feng also went unanswered, even after he would log in to Geekhack at multiple separate times.

Offline SevenU

• Grimace is Black
« Reply #635 on: Sun, 17 December 2017, 19:11:56 »
Wow, I wished I also ever actually received mine.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Something, Something, blah, blah, blahbitty, blah

Offline arhetue

« Reply #636 on: Tue, 19 December 2017, 13:26:54 »
I received my board and love the way it looks, only the board is bricked and none of the keys function. Feng initially advised he would see if there was a workaround or he would get me a new PCB, but that was months ago and I have had no reply to repeated pms.  :(

Offline gutsack

« Reply #637 on: Tue, 19 December 2017, 14:14:10 »
Never received mine at all, ignored PMs, etc.

Offline ruiner17

« Reply #638 on: Thu, 21 December 2017, 23:50:36 »
... still waiting. Feng how have you been for the last 1 and a half years?

Offline KnivesM

« Reply #639 on: Fri, 22 December 2017, 00:30:55 »
I emailed him a while ago asking about when they would be shipped and got a reply saying that they would be shipped in about two weeks (from the 5th of Dec).
So it is past that but not super far and honestly as long as I receive it eventually I'll be happy.
[WTT] Bros | HWS | Nightcaps [WTTF] Bros | KBK/KWK | CC

LZ-FE                 Kpad           Poker II                   Leopold 980M          TGR Tris       TGR-Jane   
72g Vintage Blacks      Blacks            Blues                        Silent Pinks                Coming Soon™

Others
More
Leopold 750RT - Reds, Smart68 Coming Soon™, Steelseries 6Gv2 - Reds

Offline ruiner17

« Reply #640 on: Fri, 22 December 2017, 00:41:21 »
Ok thanks KnivesM. I’m hopeful.

Offline rahsus

« Reply #641 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 01:17:36 »
FENG!!! Please respond to my PM. I need a refund on my order and its very urgent

Offline edsucks

« Reply #642 on: Sat, 13 January 2018, 07:48:24 »
Anyone heard or received anything from Feng? Still nothing on my end.  :(

Hands down the most unpleasant GB I've been a part of to date.

Offline dzugashvili

« Reply #643 on: Sat, 13 January 2018, 21:47:19 »
nope haven't heard anything... he replied once askinghow many sockets i needed... and that was the end of that..... it's just been a paperweight for a year now... i could still solder in one switch.... but that completely defeats the puprose of this board.... i feel bad for everyone involved... and i really hope geekhack takes action against feng... letting him do multiple groupbuys before htis one was ever completed on top of no communication whatsoever makes it worthwhile to look into pressing some type of charge towards him since he is too lazy to finish one of the biggest gbs he's ever run..... tofgerl, you are always defending him, well you got a completely working board... going just off this message board, there are at least 15-20 of us that have defective units with easy fixes... or the people didn't even receive them at all.... that's bull crap and just because you sucessfully received a wokring unit should never discount those of us that didn't... all of your replies come off as some egotistical guy that "oh it didn't happen to me, so he must still be working on it".... if you have nothing positive to add to this horrible situation, then just it it out and enjoy your fully working smart68... I wish I could do the same

Offline Asbrodeus

« Reply #644 on: Tue, 16 January 2018, 11:05:45 »

still nothing  ;D I'd love a refund at this point, don't even want the board anymore.

Offline ruiner17

« Reply #645 on: Tue, 16 January 2018, 11:27:42 »

still nothing  ;D I'd love a refund at this point, don't even want the board anymore.

Same. Nothing.

Offline edsucks

« Reply #646 on: Tue, 06 February 2018, 06:24:54 »
Has anyone else noticed how Feng regularly updates and makes sales on his website (geekkeys.com), but hasn't logged in to Geekhack since October? Seems like a lost cause at this point.  :(
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 February 2018, 12:56:32 by edsucks »

Offline feng

• * Vendor
« Reply #647 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 20:47:19 »
Can't say how sorry I am. I totally forgot that I still got 10+ Smart 68 to ship out.

In short, I'll send out shipping address confirmation email again and send out the products asap.

Offline ctzn_voyager

« Reply #648 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 07:41:43 »
He lives!

Ok, Feng - I'll keep an eye on my inbox.

Offline edsucks

« Reply #649 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 10:53:50 »
I'm astounded...

Has anyone received a shipping address confirmation email yet? I just saw this, no email yet.