Author Topic: As we're going into the 2nd half of 2016 what keyboards/caps are in your sights?  (Read 16396 times)

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
LZ MOTHER FKIN SQ IS ON MY SIGHT and the new kishsaver but I'm waiting for review first

and for keycaps I think originativePBT and the WoB keycaps from effectiveduck

and 1 more time

LZ SQ PLS HELP ME GET IT
PLZ

By new Kingsaver, are you talking about Nalgene's Rosa TKL?

Kishsaver dood f62

Offline keyladding

Want Penumbra bad.

Offline E3E

Kishsaver dood f62

Derp, my bad! Haha, you know I always have Alps on my mind.  :p

Offline supamesican

On main board I'm happy with the 80's model f caps, on work board hhkb caps are fine but I am looking to get a blank white set intead of the printed one I have now. I want to be THAT guy. My fk-2001 feels like it came with pbt but I'm not sure so maybe I'll find some alps clone caps that are modern and pbt. unicomp model m, undecided.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
I have a clueboard that still needs soldering and I have ordered an R2 Weaven for work. Might be interested in the F77 some time later this year.

Other than that the whole moving and decorating my new place basically absorbs all of my money so I try to minimise my exposure to cool stuff on this forum.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
On main board I'm happy with the 80's model f caps, on work board hhkb caps are fine but I am looking to get a blank white set intead of the printed one I have now. I want to be THAT guy. My fk-2001 feels like it came with pbt but I'm not sure so maybe I'll find some alps clone caps that are modern and pbt. unicomp model m, undecided.
fk2001 always comes with DS ABS afaik

Offline zcmy

• I really should be working... not "working"
I'm looking at getting a topre realforce TKL and then modifying it with hipros, and then getting a numpad to modify with Hi-Pros.

In terms of Keycaps, the WK-001 and Miami Dolch. If the latter ever makes it past IC.
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 July 2016, 20:12:33 by zcmy »

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
I expect to finish my GH-122 eventually.

Then I have that i-Rocks board they tried to launch on Indiegogo on order... so if they decide to actually pan out it might show sometime in 2019.
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline nurbs

Waiting for the Vortex PBT/POM doubleshot backlit keycaps to be available again.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Oh yeah, and I've got this Model M 122 lying around that I'm supposed to modify at some stage.  It would be nice to get that going.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Data

Adding a keypad from the Smart 68 group buy to my list, and possibly the new LZ Ergo project if it materializes this year.

Too many great boards out there.  Gotta catch em all.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Oh yeah, and I've got this Model M 122 lying around that I'm supposed to modify at some stage.  It would be nice to get that going.

If you like ISO then just get an adapter. But if you are cracking it open, just wait and expend the energy doing an F-122.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline zslane

I'm looking at getting a topre realforce TKL and then modifying it with hipros, and then getting a numpad to modify with Hi-Pros.

I don't believe that Topre's Hi-Pro keycaps will fit properly over their regular switch housings. I think they only fit properly on Hi-Pro switches.

Offline y11971alex

• Looking for Toronto meetup
F122, F107, F104, F77, F66, F50, F25, F11, F6, F3, F1...

And an 1391401.  <--- this was the keyboard that I was going to get for myself about a year ago, but after 20 keyboards I haven't even touched one.
Keyboards owned: IBM Selectric | 3278 | 3101 | 5251 | Model F XT | AT | 122 (6110344) | Model M 1390120 | 1390131 | 1391472 | 1392464 (DisplayWriter SSK) | 1395100 (SSK) | Honeywell RD IBM 09F4230 | Leading Edge DC-2014 (Blue Alps) | Chicony 5891 (Monterey Blue) | E&E-101 (KPT Blue) | BTC 5100 | 5100C | 5369 | DEC VT100 (Hi-tek Linear) | Burroughs TP109 (Hall) | Realforce 87 (55g)

Keyboards wanted: IBM Model F 104 (Unsaver) | Model M 1391401

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Tai Hao Dolch is now out of my sights, unfortunately.  I'll have to give up that one now.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado

And an 1391401.  <--- this was the keyboard that I was going to get for myself about a year ago, but after 20 keyboards I haven't even touched one.
How have you not owned a 1401? its the most common model M

Offline y11971alex

• Looking for Toronto meetup

How have you not owned a 1401? its the most common model M
It's mostly because I tend to keep an eye out for resale value in case I want to get rid of them.  1391401 is so plentiful that I don't want to buy one for a premium.  I could order one from Taobao, at around $35, but shipping negates any savings availed that way.

Sadly I'm on a rather restricted budget as far as keyboards are concerned.
Keyboards owned: IBM Selectric | 3278 | 3101 | 5251 | Model F XT | AT | 122 (6110344) | Model M 1390120 | 1390131 | 1391472 | 1392464 (DisplayWriter SSK) | 1395100 (SSK) | Honeywell RD IBM 09F4230 | Leading Edge DC-2014 (Blue Alps) | Chicony 5891 (Monterey Blue) | E&E-101 (KPT Blue) | BTC 5100 | 5100C | 5369 | DEC VT100 (Hi-tek Linear) | Burroughs TP109 (Hall) | Realforce 87 (55g)

Keyboards wanted: IBM Model F 104 (Unsaver) | Model M 1391401

Offline saxophone

Zenith ZKB-2 if I see one for sale, ever lol
Tesoro Gram Spectrum

Offline richfiles

I am SO BAD at following upcoming stuff. I tend to operate more in the "If I sees it, and I likes it, I buys it" kinda mode. That said, I'm usually very conservative in what I buy. In the past year, I got my Danger Zone key caps, the plate and parts for that build, and... actually the only other thing I grabbed was a Chicony E8HKB-5981 keyboard that I recently found. It's full of Aristotle switches, but I haven't even touched the keyboard, and now I'm not sure what to do with it or if I'll even use it.

I'm in in the home stretch of my Danger Zone 75% + 1 build. Build wise, the main keyboard has been 100% complete for about 2 months, but I'm still trying to figure out the firmware. I'm going with TMK for now. I posted on my build thread where I'm at with it, and what has me stumped. Anyone familiar with TMK is more than welcome to drop me some advice. I'm working on the matrix definition, at this point.

I still need to get in on a custom plate group buy that offers blue anodized aluminum. I feel STOOPID™ for not getting the number pad plate at the same time as my keyboard plate, but it was my first keyboard build purchase, and I was trying to "keep my costs down"... Hold on, I need a moment...  :)) Okay, I got that laugh out of my system. So yeah. Need to get in on another custom plate group buy so I can actually GET that part to finish my number pad.

So next keyboard... Well, the Danger Zone 75% + 1 is meant to replace my primary keyboard at my desk. My primary keyboard is an aging Logitech bluetooth keyboard, and after the Danger Zone is complete, I will definitely be looking to replace that portability with a portable mechanical. I already have the keyboard selected. It's the 60%-ish layout of an Apple //c... Specifically, the extended memory revision with Alps Amber switches. Alps Amber, is hands down, my favorite switch of all time. It has a more defined click than ANYTHING I have ever typed on. No Cherry or Gateron blues, not Gateron greens, not Aristotles... Not... err... okay, those are the only clicky switches I know with any familiarity, but Alps Amber are totally the best of all of those!  ;D So yeah, basically, I wanna do a portable build using that keyboard. Sadly, It appears the case to the Apple //c is LONG gone, and that makes me very sad. I could try to snag something off eBay, but I hate dealing with the over inflated prices there, and the uncertainty of every shady seller that does their honest best to hide faults in the item...  >:D No offense to the good sellers, of course. Why can't they all be that way!  :thumb:

There's also less a keyboard project, and more a game controller project that I'm working on that is creating an Apollo inspired, desk mounted, Kerbal Space Program controller, with functional instruments. I have many of the instruments, but need to get off my behind and shop around local metal shops to have the enclosures cut and bent.

For this year, I'd honestly be happy to just get the firmware in my Danger Zone 75% + 1 finished, and get started on the //c Bluetooth keyboard. I'm calling it "//cB"...

I know... That's horrible!  :))
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 July 2016, 18:41:45 by richfiles »
"75% + 1" Keyboard with "Danger Zone" keycaps and magnetically detachable Number Pad. Dyed Gateron Blue switches with amber sub lighting. Blue anodized plate and wood trim. (Firmware in Progress)
Bluetooth Apple //c keyboard with Alps SKCM Amber Switches. (Build in Progress)

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
I want to change my original input of the WASD Code to something different but still of the full-sized variety. I realized WASD Code you won't allow Menu AND Fn via firmware; which is a real bummer because I use my Menu button for stuff. And I use my multimedia buttons for stuff.

Full-sized white PBT Plum electrostatic switch? I think that sounds good. 
Chris Schammert

Offline Corncob

I'd really like to get a Ducky YOTM once they're released.

Does anyone have any experience with the previous releases of any YOT boards?  Are they gone in seconds?
I know they're really limited in quantity, but I'd like to know if there's a realistic chance I'll be able to nab one.

If not, at least I'll be able to start preparing for the disappointment now.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
Tai Hao Dolch is now out of my sights, unfortunately.  I'll have to give up that one now.
Damn, what a bummer. Easily the best set ever created.

Offline Jpecina

One more board and I think my wife will end me, But as I don't value life the Leopold fc660c would be my next large purchase. Apart from that, I am a big fan of the White Fox that's on massdrop. So much to buy ,so little funds

Offline thebeae

An Octagon v2 if it drops again and the new ducky air bluetooth..which we might finally get details on this next month!

Offline kingpilcrow

Penumbra GMK

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
Hoping to hear something about the CAMP 225.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
Really hoping to get a HHKB BT with lubed rails and purple sliders. I'm very excited for my custom (X60) to be in my hands which will be HHKB layout with lubed/stickered linears.

I also want to double my Reaper Classic collection from 8 to 16 (currently up to 11 with trades). Keyset wise, GMK Hyperfuse and perhaps a SA set to see how that feels (mainly Carbon, Jukebox or Danger Zone.
  • Have a HHKBT, but no purple sliders (yet).
  • 10 Reaper Classics confirmed, and 7 unconfirmed.
  • Bought GMK Hyperfuse a couple weeks ago.
  • Almost had an SA set but seller wanted double retail. :confused:
It's going pretty well considering the time in between me posting first, and me posting now.
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 July 2016, 08:05:15 by xondat »

Offline RobotMalcolmX

• hackerman
Really hoping to get a HHKB BT with lubed rails and purple sliders. I'm very excited for my custom (X60) to be in my hands which will be HHKB layout with lubed/stickered linears.

I also want to double my Reaper Classic collection from 8 to 16 (currently up to 11 with trades). Keyset wise, GMK Hyperfuse and perhaps a SA set to see how that feels (mainly Carbon, Jukebox or Danger Zone.
It's going pretty well considering the time in between me posting first, and me posting now.

But is your wallet???

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder

I think he meant Ivan's Dolch, which is pretty awesome.
I wonder if we'll see a round 2.  ;D

Offline ndakota79

Uniqey, if available in tkl some time and HHKB, if I find a Reseller in EU.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker

But is your wallet???

Nope. Is broke. RIP me.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder

But is your wallet???

Nope. Is broke. RIP me.

Same.

Offline inosint

Can't wait for GMK Keyboard & Co. hype!!

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
I'm waiting for my gold springs from MassDrop to arrive so I can finally finish my jailhouse blue board. Also waiting for GMK SNES to drop again.

I want to use my NIB dyesubs, but I want them to stay NIB :(

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
We'll see after I finish this winkeyless and tx84.

Already snagged deep space, wanted that for a long time.

Hoping the mira gets going, really good case design. And if I find a VE.A under like 550 I'll scream like a little girl.

Maybe I'll try and snag some og dye subs.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.

He meant Tai Hao Dolch, about the only set he could afford.  It was delivered to the wrong address, returned, then delivered to the wrong address again, and has subsequently vanished, along with the GB organiser.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder

He meant Tai Hao Dolch, about the only set he could afford.  It was delivered to the wrong address, returned, then delivered to the wrong address again, and has subsequently vanished, along with the GB organiser.

Oh, a back story! Well, now that makes more sense!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.

Oh, a back story! Well, now that makes more sense!

Although rumour has it that a new set from a closer source might be making its way to me in the relatively near future :D

Offline atrere

In my sights for purchasing: A Displaywriter or 3278/3279 beam spring.
In my sights for making? A full spherical set of keycaps for my Model F XT, currently revising my methods for converting Smith Corona piano black electric typewriter caps to buckling spring, along with some Pulse, Atari 800 / CX85, and Commodore keycaps for what the typewriter doesn't cover. Yeah, it's a mongrel, but I'm in love with the idea.
Once those two are set, 2017 will be all about "quiet" keys - experimenting with SKCM Orange, more SKCC, and maybe fool around with Cherry MX Brown again.

Offline Khers

• Schrödinger's box
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 08:45:28 by Khers »

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
Keyboard: Anything with the same layout as RS68, Im actually looking at TADA68, currently waiting for reviews :)

Keyset: Anything with cherry profile. GMKS preferably :D

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls

Wow that sucks tremendously.
Sorry.
Hoping for some good luck!

Offline zslane

New, as well as on-going, developments have expanded the list of things I have in my sights for the end of 2016 and through 2017:

End-of-year 2016:
1. Topre RealForce RGB board
2. Round 6 phase 1 keycaps (my long-awaited Space Cadet set)

Sometime in 2017:
3. Round 6 phase 2 keycaps
4. SA Dasher/Dancer keycaps
5. Matt3o's M3 keycaps
6. XMIT's Hall Effect keyboard in full-size ANSI format (and ABS case)

Unknowable Timeframe:
7. Fully sculpted SA keyset in dyesub PBT in a colorway I like

I'm not holding my breath for items 5 or 6, but I like to think of them as "in my sights" nevertheless. A patient optimism is the only way to stave off the insanity.

Offline Data

Adding a keypad from the Smart 68 group buy to my list, and possibly the new LZ Ergo project if it materializes this year.

Too many great boards out there.  Gotta catch em all.

I ended up not buying either of these.   :rolleyes:

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
I'll be on the hunt for an F 122. That's the only keyboard that I know for sure so I might as well make it the first hehe
Chris Schammert

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker

Waiting on a restock for purple sliders, I know where to buy the lube. X60 sample shipped, so close...

I have 13 Reaper Classics, and 3 more on the way! I could work out some more trades and get 7 more on top of the 16 if I wanted - probably will. I bought GMK HF, sold it, and bought it again. I also tried SA, it's ****ing awful.

I'm going to meet my 2016 goals :cool:

Offline Niomosy

A 75% board is in my future, ideally with Gateron reds but I'll settle for Cherry reds.  Dasher/Dancer SA sets.  Waiting on Skeletor to get here as well. 

If someone ever comes up with a poverty VE.A without all the $$ bells and whistles, I'd look at picking one up.  Bonus points for a single case that's tented and split, though I'm not holding my breath on that.

Offline E3E

Maybe some Topre fun, maybe not. Gonna see how I enjoy my Ducky 45g silenced Realforce board. If not, I'll try 55g domes. If not that, then I'll either try and find a trade for 30g or wait until the (supposed) next 30g silenced model comes out from the Ducky partnership with Topre.

I might buy into Lightcycle DSA for the Alps caps. Still not sure.

Might sell my 60% FMJ case if the sound doesn't improve with a sorbothane sheet.

Offline Bucake

i really just want oldies at this point. Model Fs, beam springs, blue alps, magnetic.. truthfully i just don't know where to look, so i'll just enjoy the pictures and videos of others :))
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
i really just want oldies at this point. Model Fs, beam springs, blue alps, magnetic.. truthfully i just don't know where to look, so i'll just enjoy the pictures and videos of others :))

huehue :))
Chris Schammert