Author Topic: Does it bother you when other people use your keyboard?  (Read 8998 times)

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
Re: Does it bother you when other people use your keyboard?
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 05 June 2017, 14:11:01 »
Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I thought I'd echo something I posted previously. I use a 1987 genuine IBM Model M at work. I bought if off of the Bay of Evil, obtained a PS2 to USB converter and starting clicking away. It plugs into a Dell laptop that the school outfits every classroom with. Yeah, that probably sounds odd, a full sized keyboard plugged into a 15 inch laptop, but anyhow... My students hate the noise... Until they need to use my computer. Then, they type on it and voila! Another Model M aficionado. School let out last week and during finals several kids needed to use my computer to type up papers, print assignments, and so on. Each one loved that old Model M and one was seriously talking about buying one, stating how much better it typed than the cheap crapola that comes with modern computers.

To answer the original poster's question, I love it when my students use my board because they wind up loving the old stuff. Retro is cool.

When you commented on other threads I always thought you would be a teacher. Looks like I thought right.