Author Topic: [IC]German Interes Check for GMK in ISO-DE  (Read 4565 times)

Offline Shihatsu

[IC]German Interes Check for GMK in ISO-DE
« on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 06:18:19 »
Hey guys, I just don't know how many (or any?) germans are active on GH, but nevertheless I try to grab some attention. Some german keyboard (better: keycap) lovers are trying to organize the first german GMK groupbuy ever, and every participant that might join will help to reach the MoQ, so here we are.
More can be read (in german ofc) here:
https://www.computerbase.de/forum/showthread.php?t=1601148
All props to Alex for trying to make it real.

@GH staff: If this topic is in this particular subforum inappropriate - please do not behead me, apologies, and just let me know.

Offline PriusProblems

• No ISO, no interest.
Re: [IC]German Interes Check for GMK in ISO-DE
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 13:50:21 »
I'm a fan of the Rocket Science colourway, I'm not German though so no joining for me. :/

Offline t8c

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 14:13:56 »
I'm a fan of the Rocket Science colourway, I'm not German though so no joining for me. :/
I agree. It would look spectacular!

Offline PriusProblems

• No ISO, no interest.
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 14:17:02 »
I agree. It would look spectacular!

It gives off a 7bit Round [X] vibe, doesn't it?

Offline Janzzze

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 14:53:58 »
Even tough Im not german I would be down for skidata to improve my skidata+ board with Ä,Ö and a few othere keys. or even dolch or yuri(if yuri cyrilics also happens) if it can be shipped to sweden

Offline fax668

• Shaken, not stirred
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 01:47:06 »
Just note that the Y and Z keys are swapped on a German keyboard, which I find rather irritating.

But there is discussion whether keys for US layout would be added to the group order.

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
[IC]German Interes Check for GMK in ISO-DE
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 03:49:46 »
Big fan of Rocket Science too.

I think supporting ansi-us aswell would increase interest quite a bit. Not sure if it makes up for the increase in price tho.

Offline soilheart

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 04:50:27 »
German dolch interests me (as long as it will have icon only modifiers) as it's close enough to swedish layout =)
(K70 -  Brown) --- Pok3r - Clear --- Ducky Shine4 - Clear --- WKL B.face X2 - 67g Zealios --- CP-SQ - 78g Zealios --- RS68 - 62g Zealios
(Sold/retired - To be built)

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 09:38:23 »
Really like the Rocket Science. I've been playing with the idea of having a German-style board with a QWERTZ layout and practicing my German writing on that. These caps would help push me to do that.

Offline dorf

• divine creator
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 13 August 2016, 12:52:05 »
If you add a few keys, you could get us Swedes, Finnish people on board also. A few more and you'll add Danish and Norwegian also.

Offline Shihatsu

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 27 October 2016, 01:59:15 »
Just for Information: The GB is now live!

Offline pomk

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 27 October 2016, 03:47:46 »
No Swe/Fin caps and no international orders.  :blank:

Offline Shihatsu

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 27 October 2016, 09:29:12 »
There is no way that this would reach 150 MoQ with a price too high, and I see no way for a sw/fn addon set reaching 150, sorry :(

Offline pomk

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 27 October 2016, 10:46:05 »
It's just 7 1u keys but whatever. Would be a lot cheaper than that crazy built in ANSI adapter set you have going on. If you don't reach MOQ, maybe consider adding more languages and try for a more international approach next time :)).

BTW where are you at with your MOQ? I dont read german and could not spot it easily.
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 October 2016, 10:50:06 by pomk »

Offline Shihatsu

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 27 October 2016, 12:48:46 »
Well, 7 keys that are not needed by the core target would have made the whole set even bigger and more expensive as it is already - the target was to keep it as small as possible (I, for myself, voted for 105 keys and nothing else). Some people insisted on nordic, and yeah, it would have made quite sense, as you are saying: definately more sense then the nightmare for us ISOs to made an ANSI set compatible for us. But it was ultimately neglected due to the fact that the showrunner will not do international shipping. Although some people are available as proxies this decision has to be respected - the runner is having all the work.
The goal of the Groupbuy is btw not only the buying itself - but also meant as a signal towards GMK: "There IS need for ISO keys, there IS a market for this, make this goddam keys available on your uniqey shop, FFS!" So reaching the MoQ for the first time in a german GB towards GMK was the main focus.
Regarding MoG: I do not have exact numbers, but it is something below 50 right now. I for myself didn't placed an order yet, as I am one of the mentioned proxies and await some PMs regarding orders for others, and more proxies are doing the same. It is looking okayish, but not soooo good. But we have a news on the front page on the community page of the forum in which the GB is organized, and this news will hopefully help a lot.