Author Topic: [GB] Sentraq S60-X RGB Kit (Closing)  (Read 100105 times)

Offline jisaak

Re: [GB] Sentraq S60-X RGB Kit
« Reply #350 on: Tue, 24 January 2017, 00:57:36 »
Can anyone tell me whats the qmk keycode for a right click to show the menu in windows? I tried KC_MENU without success

Try KC_APP

I did tried KC_APPLICATION which is the same - right?

Offline a-c

« Reply #351 on: Tue, 24 January 2017, 01:06:45 »
Can anyone tell me whats the qmk keycode for a right click to show the menu in windows? I tried KC_MENU without success

Try KC_APP

Yes, same thing. If you want an actual right mouse click you have to enable Mouse Keys (if it isn't already enabled) and use the codes in the mousekey section https://github.com/jackhumbert/qmk_firmware/blob/master/tmk_core/common/keycode.h
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 January 2017, 01:08:24 by a-c »

Offline jisaak

« Reply #352 on: Tue, 24 January 2017, 01:09:36 »

Try KC_APP

Yes, same thing. If you want an actual right mouse click you have to enable Mouse Keys (if it isn't already enabled) and use the codes in the mousekeys section https://github.com/jackhumbert/qmk_firmware/blob/master/tmk_core/common/keycode.h

Are you sure? I mean the keyboard usually have a menu key (at the bottom right, the forleast key) - which is now mapped to a layer...

Offline doodersbrother

« Reply #353 on: Tue, 24 January 2017, 13:30:20 »
Hey jisaak, sorry for the late reply. Was busy during the weekend. Anyway, I found a defective PCB with the same issue and I'm not sure why it's happening. If I can't figure it out I'll just send you a replacement PCB.

Offline jisaak

« Reply #354 on: Tue, 24 January 2017, 15:20:48 »
Hey jisaak, sorry for the late reply. Was busy during the weekend. Anyway, I found a defective PCB with the same issue and I'm not sure why it's happening. If I can't figure it out I'll just send you a replacement PCB.
Anyway thanks for answer, looking forward to hear from you.

Offline koobertz

« Reply #355 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 04:24:09 »
So i'm using the software from sentraq.com. When i did it my my control keys window keys. Or as far as i know i have no control keys. can anybody help me out? This is my first keyboard, and i have no idea how to program. I want control and alt on the left side and guide and fn on the right. I have the hhkb version. Also arrow keys on wasd. If anybody can help make this possible. I on windows 10
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 January 2017, 04:39:21 by koobertz »

Offline netcelli

« Reply #356 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 07:54:00 »
Hi,

I haven't received my order yet and I haven't received any response from Sentraq (info@sentraq.com). On 11 Jan Brandon told me he would probably ship within a week.
So on 19 Jan I sent another email asking for any progress. No response. I sent another on 23 Jan and still no response.
Can I know the status of my order?
The lack of communication makes me worry.

Thanks

Offline doodersbrother

« Reply #357 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 14:22:04 »

I think a replacement PCB will be needed. Are you able to desolder?

So i'm using the software from sentraq.com. When i did it my my control keys window keys. Or as far as i know i have no control keys. can anybody help me out? This is my first keyboard, and i have no idea how to program. I want control and alt on the left side and guide and fn on the right. I have the hhkb version. Also arrow keys on wasd. If anybody can help make this possible. I on windows 10

Ctrl should work if everything is correct. Did you check the diode and the soldering on those switches. For programming check out this site: http://qmk.sized.io/

download the hex file. download a program call atmel flip, open it, select usb, then choose the device to atmega32u4, press the reset button on the bottom of your board, open the usb connection in the program, run, the unplug and replug.

Hi,

I haven't received my order yet and I haven't received any response from Sentraq (info@sentraq.com). On 11 Jan Brandon told me he would probably ship within a week.
So on 19 Jan I sent another email asking for any progress. No response. I sent another on 23 Jan and still no response.
The lack of communication makes me worry.

Thanks

Hey, I've been super busy this whole week and am just now catching up. The replacements were delayed by CNY, but have arrived. So your order will ship this weekend. Sorry about the delay...

Offline jisaak

« Reply #358 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 14:28:03 »

Tbh, I would buy some new zealios switches and solder them to the new PCB and Just replace it.

Offline doodersbrother

« Reply #359 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 14:59:01 »

Tbh, I would buy some new zealios switches and solder them to the new PCB and Just replace it.

You'd still have to desolder the switches to be able to use the plate :/

Offline jisaak

« Reply #360 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 15:16:34 »

You'd still have to desolder the switches to be able to use the plate :/

Arg, you are rigth. So yes, I am able to desolder but not looking forward to it ;)

Offline koobertz

« Reply #361 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 19:34:47 »
With the default .hex from sentraq, are there arrow keys? and when i push what i would hope to be a control key its the windows key. I don't know anything about programming, So please can anybody help me.

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #362 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 19:36:13 »
With the default .hex from sentraq, are there arrow keys? and when i push what i would hope to be a control key its the windows key. I don't know anything about programming, So please can anybody help me.

Menu keys with wasd iirc. PM me what you want on your layout on keyboard-layout-editor and I can make it for you :thumb:
oh yeah I saw that crazy **** if that doesn't win I'm deleting my account

/ orthodox - 78g zealios / alps64 - mtsc / sentraq s-60x rgb - gat blues / let's split - 67g zealios / let's split - 67g zealios /

Offline doodersbrother

« Reply #363 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 12:42:10 »
For those of you having trouble with custom layouts, I believe Vinny has added support here! http://qmk.sized.io/

Offline doodersbrother

« Reply #364 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 21:44:41 »
jisaak, I think I know what's wrong with your PCB actually. I think it may be a cold solder joint on the RGB LEDs.

Reflow DIN and DOUT for the LED's starting with 1, and going counter clockwise.

Offline koobertz

« Reply #365 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 00:08:55 »
So i had to desolder and resolder my board to fix my stabilizers, and now my backspace is dead. I've tried everything and it looks burned, What can i do? Am i stuck with the dead key or could i get a replacement?

Offline ducksauze

« Reply #366 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 00:27:37 »
jisaak, I think I know what's wrong with your PCB actually. I think it may be a cold solder joint on the RGB LEDs.

Show Image

I finally put together my board this week and it looks like I also have 2 bottom RGB led's that flicker on and one RGB led right above it that doesnt turn on. Would this chart apply to me as well?

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #367 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 00:28:05 »
So i had to desolder and resolder my board to fix my stabilizers, and now my backspace is dead. I've tried everything and it looks burned, What can i do? Am i stuck with the dead key or could i get a replacement?
Use some jumper wires to wire it to one of the split backspace keys, then map that key to backspace and unmap the dead backspace key.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

/ orthodox - 78g zealios / alps64 - mtsc / sentraq s-60x rgb - gat blues / let's split - 67g zealios / let's split - 67g zealios /

Offline doodersbrother

« Reply #368 on: Fri, 03 February 2017, 10:40:49 »

Show Image

I finally put together my board this week and it looks like I also have 2 bottom RGB led's that flicker on and one RGB led right above it that doesnt turn on. Would this chart apply to me as well?

Yes, that should take care of it!

Offline jisaak

« Reply #369 on: Sat, 04 February 2017, 07:40:50 »

Show Image

Can you explain me what to do? What you mean with Reflow? Im not familiar with PCB hardware - just barely able to solder....

Offline doodersbrother

« Reply #370 on: Sun, 05 February 2017, 12:26:08 »

Show Image

Can you explain me what to do? What you mean with Reflow? Im not familiar with PCB hardware - just barely able to solder....

Just remelt the solder on the RGBs DIN and DOUT pins, you may have to add a tiny bit more. Going in the circle the only ones that you should have to do is the one before they start behaving oddly and the one after.

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #371 on: Fri, 10 February 2017, 19:58:08 »
anyone have details of how to flash firmware on this?

very new to building keyboards.

got it soldered together just fine its looking dope though i have no clue how to use this thing. no idea how to change the RGB colors of the underglow nor are my in key LEDs working. to be honest im a little bummed there isnt more info out there about these things.

anyway i have the backspace button issue and would like to atleast flash the firmware to fix that. so any help much appreciated.

1. download and install FLIP (http://www.atmel.com/tools/FLIP.aspx)
2. Device -> Select: choose ATMega32U4
3. Settings -> Communication -> USB, FLIP should show the signature at this point (58 1E 95 87)
4. File -> Load HEX file: choose the hex firmware
5. click "Run"
6. after programming is done, disconnect the device from USB and connect again.

I can't get past step 3. When I select USB, I get a box that has Open, Close (grayed out), and Cancel. Hitting Open brings up a message saying "Could not Open USB device". FLIP also says Communication Off in the corner.

Moving back to before this, after I soldered all the switches in, I noticed that my backspace and bottom right switch (HHKB layout) don't seem to work when I tested them in Keyboard Tester. I desoldered and soldered in new switches for those, but no change. The solder joints look good to me and the pads don't seem lifted, either. Anyone know what the issue may be?

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #372 on: Fri, 10 February 2017, 19:59:58 »
anyone have details of how to flash firmware on this?

very new to building keyboards.

got it soldered together just fine its looking dope though i have no clue how to use this thing. no idea how to change the RGB colors of the underglow nor are my in key LEDs working. to be honest im a little bummed there isnt more info out there about these things.

anyway i have the backspace button issue and would like to atleast flash the firmware to fix that. so any help much appreciated.

3. Settings -> Communication -> USB, FLIP should show the signature at this point (58 1E 95 87)
5. click "Run"

I can't get past step 3. When I select USB, I get a box that has Open, Close (grayed out), and Cancel. Hitting Open brings up a message saying "Could not Open USB device". FLIP also says Communication Off in the corner.

Moving back to before this, after I soldered all the switches in, I noticed that my backspace and bottom right switch (HHKB layout) don't seem to work when I tested them in Keyboard Tester. I desoldered and soldered in new switches for those, but no change. The solder joints look good to me and the pads don't seem lifted, either. Anyone know what the issue may be?
Press the button on the bottom of the PCB then press open

Offline Slash Emperor

« Reply #373 on: Fri, 10 February 2017, 20:08:16 »

5. click "Run"

Wow, I am dumb, thank you. I just did the programming and flashing on my LJD61up the other week and I completely forgot about the button on the PCB. Since the board needs QMK, so I need to use something other than EasyKeymap (not that I'm good with that, either...) to create the layout/hex file, or is there something else I need to use?

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #374 on: Fri, 10 February 2017, 20:09:19 »

5. click "Run"

Wow, I am dumb, thank you. I just did the programming and flashing on my LJD61up the other week and I completely forgot about the button on the PCB. Since the board needs QMK, so I need to use something other than EasyKeymap (not that I'm good with that, either...) to create the layout/hex file, or is there something else I need to use?

http://qmk.sized.io/

Offline Slash Emperor

« Reply #375 on: Fri, 10 February 2017, 20:22:30 »

http://qmk.sized.io/

Thank you very much! I'm not software-savvy when it comes to actually programming boards and thinking up layers, so I greatly appreciate the help! I'll give the QMK configurator a try and see how it goes.

Offline jisaak

« Reply #376 on: Sat, 11 February 2017, 11:40:09 »

Show Image

Just remelt the solder on the RGBs DIN and DOUT pins, you may have to add a tiny bit more. Going in the circle the only ones that you should have to do is the one before they start behaving oddly and the one after.

Thanks for the explanation. Unfortunately, I was not able to fix it, instead I broke a diode which made my "O" stop working. I brought the board to a friend who was able to remove the broken diode and attached a new one. Now the keys are working again but the LED issue still exists :-(

Offline DrTee83

« Reply #377 on: Sat, 11 February 2017, 12:03:12 »
Hi,

I received mine and built it today and I'm getting a weird issue with my top row. Here's me pressing each key in the top row in sequence:

1qa2wsz3edx4rfc5tgv6yhb 7ujn8ikm9ol,0p;.-['/=]

Any ideas what's wrong and how to fix?

Cheers.

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #378 on: Sat, 11 February 2017, 12:05:07 »
Hi,

I received mine and built it today and I'm getting a weird issue with my top row. Here's me pressing each key in the top row in sequence:

Cheers.
Looks like it's shorting and activating a whole column. Check your soldering. If not, did you mess with any firmware?

Offline DrTee83

« Reply #379 on: Sat, 11 February 2017, 14:01:07 »
Hi,

Cheers.
Looks like it's shorting and activating a whole column. Check your soldering. If not, did you mess with any firmware?

Hey, thanks for the reply!

My soldering looks okay, but I'll give it a once over. I've not messed with the firmware yet, but it's on my to-do list.

Also, what is the button on the underside of the PCB for?

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #380 on: Sat, 11 February 2017, 15:27:00 »
Hi,

Cheers.

Hey, thanks for the reply!

My soldering looks okay, but I'll give it a once over. I've not messed with the firmware yet, but it's on my to-do list.

Also, what is the button on the underside of the PCB for?
It puts it into programming mode so that you can put a new firmware on it

Offline DrTee83

« Reply #381 on: Sat, 11 February 2017, 15:40:13 »
Ah, cool, thanks. I just flashed a new hex onto it using the guide at http://qmk.fm/keyboards/s60-x/ It's all over the place now. For example, if I press space, I get Alt. If I press 1, I get Windows Key. If I press 5, I get Ctrl, Alt and Shift simultaneously. Really not sure what to do tbh.

Offline doodersbrother

« Reply #382 on: Sun, 12 February 2017, 22:05:31 »

Show Image

Thanks for the explanation. Unfortunately, I was not able to fix it, instead I broke a diode which made my "O" stop working. I brought the board to a friend who was able to remove the broken diode and attached a new one. Now the keys are working again but the LED issue still exists :-(

Alright, well the replacement PCB's will be coming in this week.

Offline doodersbrother

« Reply #383 on: Sun, 12 February 2017, 22:07:01 »
Ah, cool, thanks. I just flashed a new hex onto it using the guide at http://qmk.fm/keyboards/s60-x/ It's all over the place now. For example, if I press space, I get Alt. If I press 1, I get Windows Key. If I press 5, I get Ctrl, Alt and Shift simultaneously. Really not sure what to do tbh.

I wasn't able to find anything wrong from the pictures. Make sure there are no shorts on your board (two different areas connected by solder), and try wiping it with alcohol. If nothing works, I can send you a replacement.

Offline DrTee83

« Reply #384 on: Mon, 13 February 2017, 04:08:15 »

I wasn't able to find anything wrong from the pictures. Make sure there are no shorts on your board (two different areas connected by solder), and try wiping it with alcohol. If nothing works, I can send you a replacement.

Thanks! Sorry if this is a noobish question: what type of alcohol? I'm sure I can't just wipe it down with vodka!  ;D

Offline Slash Emperor

« Reply #385 on: Mon, 13 February 2017, 09:38:17 »

Thanks! Sorry if this is a noobish question: what type of alcohol? I'm sure I can't just wipe it down with vodka!  ;D

Isopropyl alcohol, I believe 99% is what you should use.

Offline Gengarfan

« Reply #386 on: Wed, 15 February 2017, 14:01:26 »
If anyone is looking to sell theirs please PM me  ;D

Offline algoni

« Reply #387 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 01:45:33 »
Finished up my build today (first build) everything seems to be in working order, however, when the in-switch LEDs are in the lower two brightness settings they seem to flicker but in the higher two brightness settings they do not flicker.

Did I mess up soldering something?

I'm having a similar issue, but only when a key is held down. The flickering is more intense the more to the right the key being pressed is. \ blinks the leds rapidly and LCTRL does only a very subtle dimming.

Does anyone have ideas what I should check for?

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #388 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 00:09:08 »
Finished up my build today (first build) everything seems to be in working order, however, when the in-switch LEDs are in the lower two brightness settings they seem to flicker but in the higher two brightness settings they do not flicker.

Did I mess up soldering something?

I'm having a similar issue, but only when a key is held down. The flickering is more intense the more to the right the key being pressed is. \ blinks the leds rapidly and LCTRL does only a very subtle dimming.

Does anyone have ideas what I should check for?
I have this as well and it seems to just be the power delivery.

Offline hkjb

« Reply #389 on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 13:04:09 »
Hey,

I haven't gotten my order yet.
I sent an email on the 23rd asking for any progress.

Thanks!

Offline monkeyrawr

« Reply #390 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 21:13:36 »
^^ Same deal.

Received the delay email a while back, sent an email on the 22nd, haven't heard back yet.

Any info would be great, thanks.
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 February 2017, 23:49:57 by monkeyrawr »

Offline nicckk

« Reply #391 on: Mon, 06 March 2017, 15:42:06 »
My keyboard was working fine for a couple weeks. Now on the firmware I was running (deductivemonkee's) my LCTRL and CAPS are switched. I have tried flashing a few different hex files to it and they all have similar but different results (for example: LALT and CAPS swapped, CAPS in right place but cycles the in-switch LEDs). I have checked the PCB for shorts and cleaned it with alcohol -- no help.

Is this a PCB issue? There seem to have been some similar problems reported in this thread to what I am experiencing.
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 March 2017, 15:48:06 by nicckk »

Offline a-c

« Reply #392 on: Mon, 06 March 2017, 15:59:28 »
My keyboard was working fine for a couple weeks. Now on the firmware I was running (deductivemonkee's) my LCTRL and CAPS are switched. I have tried flashing a few different hex files to it and they all have similar but different results (for example: LALT and CAPS swapped, CAPS in right place but cycles the in-switch LEDs). I have checked the PCB for shorts and cleaned it with alcohol -- no help.

Is this a PCB issue? There seem to have been some similar problems reported in this thread to what I am experiencing.

https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard#boot-magic-configuration---virtual-dip-switch

Unplug it. Hold down Space+Backspace while plugging it back in.

Offline nicckk

« Reply #393 on: Mon, 06 March 2017, 18:22:42 »

https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard#boot-magic-configuration---virtual-dip-switch

Unplug it. Hold down Space+Backspace while plugging it back in.

Perfect, thanks mate. I'll be sure to check out the rest of those options!

Offline doodersbrother

« Reply #394 on: Tue, 07 March 2017, 15:47:23 »
^^ Same deal.

Received the delay email a while back, sent an email on the 22nd, haven't heard back yet.

Any info would be great, thanks.
Hey,

I haven't gotten my order yet.
I sent an email on the 23rd asking for any progress.

Thanks!

Hey, these will ship out this week.

Offline jisaak

« Reply #395 on: Sun, 12 March 2017, 08:04:45 »

Show Image

Didn't received anything yet - any update?

Offline n__dles

« Reply #396 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 04:03:14 »
Sentraq,

Real late putting mine together and I've found a defect on the bottom plate.

Offline doodersbrother

« Reply #397 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 21:48:14 »

Show Image

Didn't received anything yet - any update?

The replacement PCB? Anyone who needed one should've had one shipped to them by now. Email me if you haven;t yet.

Sentraq,

Real late putting mine together and I've found a defect on the bottom plate.

Show Image

Show Image

Send me an email at info@sentraq.com

Offline n__dles

Re: [GB] Sentraq S60-X RGB Kit (Closing)
« Reply #398 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 17:52:56 »
Send me an email at info@sentraq.com
Email sent.

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
Re: [GB] Sentraq S60-X RGB Kit (Closing)
« Reply #399 on: Sun, 26 March 2017, 13:08:49 »
So I've tried numerous time to flah my new build with a S60-X RGB PCB & haven't had good results at all. I've tried using Flip & QMK with the DFU programmer. I either lose all functionality of the KB & under lighting with the switch LEDs being stuck on or have the KB itself functional but lose the under glow lighting & switch LEDs. What in the world do I need to do to get it functional & still be able to use the back lighting & switch LEDs? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am become extremely frustrated with this & am pretty mad about losing all the lighting functionality. Thanks in advance to anyone who replies!

Edit: So I'm a big idiot & didn't take enough time to really figure out how to use QMK + DFU programmer. I went back & read through ALL of the instructions & now have my board fully working with a custom Fn layer. Boy do I feel dumb, but  I am very happy now that I figured it out. :-[
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 March 2017, 13:46:43 by Rob27shred »