Author Topic: What is revision of this choc mini?  (Read 1039 times)

Offline zeroonea

What is revision of this choc mini?
« on: Thu, 27 October 2016, 11:14:12 »
Just bought a gateron choc mini at newegg. I'm so confuse about the revision of my choc. It has new layout but thr cable is not detachable. Anyone?

Offline menuhin

Re: What is revision of this choc mini?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 27 October 2016, 11:38:50 »
There are many many revisions of the Choc mini.

Yours having the 3 and 3 1.25x modifiers at the bottom role, seems to be one of the later revisions from late 2014. They have the dual mode wireless and USB backlit keyboard (Noppoo Choc mini 2M) afterwards, including some revisions to make the USB cable detachable. And there seem to be some macro programmable capability hidden, requiring software package.

I don't know why Noppoo have stopped revising their Choc mini. I want a revised Choc mini that has a detachable cable (while I can do the mod, I don't want to mess with it for now) and is customizable, and allows me to program keyboard macros, plus possibly dual mode (USB and some form of wireless - 2.4G or BT) capability -- and best with Gateron blacks. Then I MAY settle my mind and don't think about a future custimized order of 75% keyboard.
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 October 2016, 12:06:42 by menuhin »
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline zeroonea

Re: What is revision of this choc mini?
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 27 October 2016, 11:57:11 »
All 6 buttons beside space button are all 1.25x