Author Topic: New to GH and new to MK  (Read 1461 times)

Offline _cramil

New to GH and new to MK
« on: Fri, 28 October 2016, 19:24:43 »
Hey all, thought it appropriate to post an intro here. I'm a mechanical engineer by schooling and have tinkered with a lot of things from cars & trucks to PCs to motorcycles & Jeeps. Did avionics maint in the Air Force. A little rusty but decent with electronics and soldering/wiring. Now I'm in the Army so more building stuff or blowing stuff up. I am finally building a much needed new PC and while looking for some new peripherals I started looking at mechanical Corsairs and such. More digging and I ended up here and r/mk and now I've got the bug so to say. While still trying to decide on a keyboard I'm already in for the Godspeed key set, today received my first artisan raffle win, a B&W Aerophant, and hoping to attend the DC meetup. Still don't have a keyboard LOL! I'm already planning some kind of custom build 60, 65 or 68% but I'm going to get a solid starter/base TKL board first. Narrowed down to a KUL ES-87 with MX clears or Leopold FC750R with MX browns but the RGB Disco or Ducky appeals to my desire for shiny objects LOL. Seems like a great community and I'm hoping to contribute where I can.

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
Re: New to GH and new to MK
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 22:42:32 »
Welcome aboard!  :)
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline pinkizhip

• No, you're a towel.
    • Prime Caps
Re: New to GH and new to MK
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 03 November 2016, 12:55:38 »
Hey all, thought it appropriate to post an intro here. I'm a mechanical engineer by schooling and have tinkered with a lot of things from cars & trucks to PCs to motorcycles & Jeeps. Did avionics maint in the Air Force. A little rusty but decent with electronics and soldering/wiring. Now I'm in the Army so more building stuff or blowing stuff up. I am finally building a much needed new PC and while looking for some new peripherals I started looking at mechanical Corsairs and such. More digging and I ended up here and r/mk and now I've got the bug so to say. While still trying to decide on a keyboard I'm already in for the Godspeed key set, today received my first artisan raffle win, a B&W Aerophant, and hoping to attend the DC meetup. Still don't have a keyboard LOL! I'm already planning some kind of custom build 60, 65 or 68% but I'm going to get a solid starter/base TKL board first. Narrowed down to a KUL ES-87 with MX clears or Leopold FC750R with MX browns but the RGB Disco or Ducky appeals to my desire for shiny objects LOL. Seems like a great community and I'm hoping to contribute where I can.

haha welcome to GH! . Congrats on the raffle win. The Aerophant key is nifty. I have a ducky, seems a solid board.
Check out our Artisan keys at Primecaps.ca