Author Topic: Seeking: Desert Tan Keycap Set  (Read 3664 times)

Offline CapCollector

Seeking: Desert Tan Keycap Set
« on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 11:36:41 »
Is there any company that is currently selling a 60% or tenkeyless keyboard or keycap set with desert tan colored keys?
I found a set that are blank but I'm looking for a printed set.
Please point me in the right direction if you know of some, I'm working on a project.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: Seeking: Desert Tan Keycap Set
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 11:57:49 »
I think there might have been a couple interest checks for something around that color but nothing has been produced that I've seen.

I'm assuming you mean a darker tan legend on a lighter tan keycap. I've seen those in crap bags.
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 November 2016, 12:01:33 by SpAmRaY »

Offline CapCollector

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 12:06:34 »
I actually don't care what the legend/letters look like or what color they are.
I just want a light colored tan keycap set with legends. Black would work, white would work, darker tan would be nice too.
The closest plastic color is TN but some of the sandy colored ones on the gray spectrum could work.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 12:15:57 »
I don't think I've seen any tan keysets like that before.

Classic beige might be up your alley, but that's all I can think of.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 20:57:06 »
Coffee might be close, but the modifiers are dark brown.

http://www.keypop.net/product/coffee-set-2-0-base-set
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 22:01:31 »
Coffee might be close, but the modifiers are dark brown.

http://www.keypop.net/product/coffee-set-2-0-base-set

Speaking of coffee.  Someone get SP to run it in SA.  I'll pay $500!  Well, maybe not... but still, I'd pay a s-ton.   :))

Offline CapCollector

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 08:05:00 »
The coffee base set would be perfect. I don't require the modifiers.
But it's sold out....

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 08:34:21 »
The coffee base set would be perfect. I don't require the modifiers.
But it's sold out....

Oh for sure it's long gone.  You would have to stumble across someone willing to part with their set,and it won't be cheap.  Keypop sold these out of their web store in 2013 and that was all she wrote.  Maybe if enough people prodded them they could do another run with SP. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UV-Printed-mechanical-keycaps-Brown-coating-Cherry-MX-keycap-104-Set-/321807441104?hash=item4aed37dcd0:g:7NcAAOSwMmBVpSsI

This is the only set that I can think of around.  Probably has the "antibiosis" coating and pad printed ABS, but the colors are right.  I have no idea how you tell them the color you want.  Probably just have to send them a message. 

Offline seville57

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 11:01:36 »
I don't know if this set is something for you.

Or this set.

I bought the sets on Aliexpress.
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 November 2016, 11:16:36 by seville57 »

Offline 40yroldnerd

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 03 November 2016, 00:28:17 »
Show Image

Or this set.
Show Image

I need some caps that will match the oem's on a poker 3.  Will these work, or you know of some that would?  Don't care about the $$$

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 03 November 2016, 07:54:01 »
Show Image

Or this set.
Show Image

I need some caps that will match the oem's on a poker 3.  Will these work, or you know of some that would?  Don't care about the $$$

Poker 3 sets the layout standard. You're good.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90