Author Topic: [IC] M65 aka RAMABAE65 - Made with RAMA  (Read 122516 times)

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
Re: [IC] M65 aka RAMABAE65 - Made with RAMA
« Reply #400 on: Fri, 23 December 2016, 07:15:12 »
I am reading this tread correctly that ISO possibility have been added??  :eek: You are the man, Chan! Have a great Christmas everybody!

Correct! ;). Of course, with this "universal plate", the switch alignment is always a challenge since it is a little more loose, but I believe it's at a benefit at the end of the day.

A new PCB is going to me soon, and we're just about to finish up the plate to get another one done. I might just test it myself with acrylic since I have a laser cutter at my office.
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline pon10

• looking at my keycaps..
« Reply #401 on: Fri, 23 December 2016, 13:05:04 »
I am reading this tread correctly that ISO possibility have been added??  :eek: You are the man, Chan! Have a great Christmas everybody!

Correct! ;). Of course, with this "universal plate", the switch alignment is always a challenge since it is a little more loose, but I believe it's at a benefit at the end of the day.

A new PCB is going to me soon, and we're just about to finish up the plate to get another one done. I might just test it myself with acrylic since I have a laser cutter at my office.
Thanks for your reply :) Looking forward! 1 question, is the RGB light gonna be static? 

Offline sony

• Formerly ultraidiot
« Reply #402 on: Fri, 23 December 2016, 13:49:26 »

Thanks for your reply :) Looking forward! 1 question, is the RGB light gonna be static?
It's ps2avr so it has all the effects of wkl keyboards.

Offline pon10

• looking at my keycaps..
« Reply #403 on: Fri, 23 December 2016, 14:04:56 »

It's ps2avr so it has all the effects of wkl keyboards.

Cool, thanks :) i am not on the firmware level yet. searched an it looks super, have a good holiday! :)
« Last Edit: Fri, 23 December 2016, 14:06:34 by pon10 »

Offline jonthn

« Reply #404 on: Sun, 25 December 2016, 16:46:42 »
This looks amazing.

Do you think it will be possible to make the board/PCB hotswappable-switch friendly ?
I hope not to be completely off-topic, don't hesitate to correct/explain/point-out what's required to make a keyboard with hotswappable switches.

Offline kolashnikov

« Reply #405 on: Sun, 25 December 2016, 17:49:04 »
My understanding is that hot-swappable keyboards have hot-swappable PCBs, not hot-swappable switches. That is, the keyboard would have to be designed for it and any standard mechanical switches would work (MX, Gateron, and related clones). It is likely too late (and IMO, out of scope) for this board to have hot swap switch capability.

Like with the Team Wolf board, for example, there is nothing particularly special about the switches. Although they require switches that accommodate SMD LEDs, they aren't specifically "hot swap" switches.

Offline aznreaper

« Reply #406 on: Sun, 25 December 2016, 17:58:20 »
Yeah, you can always buy the hotlite pieces to stick into the PCB to act like sockets and cover your board to be hot swappable. However you need to make sure the size fits almost perfectly since if the tolerance in the holes is too high, the hot lite piece could just fall through and it would be tricky to solder, and kinda defeat the purpose of you choosing to go hot swappable.

Some people have been trying to get a spreadsheet to show which PCB's work with these things, but this should be a new custom PCB that jchan is sourcing so you would need jchan to try to know for sure.

Offline Tre3Cycl3S

« Reply #407 on: Mon, 26 December 2016, 00:02:25 »
Very interested with this! I really like the aesthetics of it. I was planning to get a WhiteFox to satisfy my 65% cravings but this design though... Seriously considering getting one!

It is too bad I couldn't get the Hydro Blue colour since I didn't manage to hop on to GMK Hydro. Maybe I'll get Matte Jet Black to match the colour of all but one of my board.... :P
QFR           HHKB Pro-2     JD45         VE.A                    XMIT 61-Key       JD40 Mk.II                    Realforce 87U     M65-A                 Custom:Annie      NightFox      Pearl                  E6-V2 R2                          Norbaforce
MX Blue     45g Topre        MX Blue     R5 67g Zealios     50g Hall Effect     Modded Gateron Red     55g Topre           R5 78g Zealios     62g Ergo Grey     Hako True     R9 62g Zilent     Lubed Holy Trash Panda     OG Sony BKE Domes

Offline jonthn

« Reply #408 on: Mon, 26 December 2016, 04:37:38 »
Yeah, you can always buy the hotlite pieces to stick into the PCB to act like sockets and cover your board to be hot swappable. However you need to make sure the size fits almost perfectly since if the tolerance in the holes is too high, the hot lite piece could just fall through and it would be tricky to solder, and kinda defeat the purpose of you choosing to go hot swappable.

Some people have been trying to get a spreadsheet to show which PCB's work with these things, but this should be a new custom PCB that jchan is sourcing so you would need jchan to try to know for sure.

My understanding is that hot-swappable keyboards have hot-swappable PCBs, not hot-swappable switches. That is, the keyboard would have to be designed for it and any standard mechanical switches would work (MX, Gateron, and related clones). It is likely too late (and IMO, out of scope) for this board to have hot swap switch capability.

Like with the Team Wolf board, for example, there is nothing particularly special about the switches. Although they require switches that accommodate SMD LEDs, they aren't specifically "hot swap" switches.

Ok. Thanks for the explanations. So it may be possible at some point to change the PCB to accomodate for these Holtite sockets.
I hope it works with the first version, I guess I will try and participate with this GB when it's live, in the worst case it will still be a beautiful working keyboard ;)

Offline sony

• Formerly ultraidiot
« Reply #409 on: Mon, 26 December 2016, 12:25:20 »
Very interested with this! I really like the aesthetics of it. I was planning to get a WhiteFox to satisfy my 65% cravings but this design though... Seriously considering getting one!

It is too bad I couldn't get the Hydro Blue colour since I didn't manage to hop on to GMK Hydro. Maybe I'll get Matte Jet Black to match the colour of all but one of my board....
You can still get Hydro pre-order. $180 though.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #410 on: Mon, 26 December 2016, 14:43:09 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 January 2017, 16:42:56 by alienman82 »

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #411 on: Mon, 26 December 2016, 15:01:35 »
had to screw me over, so I can't get blue since I didn't get hydro since Dolch mods belong with Dolch alphas not beige alphas.

smh.

What about your "boycott china" thing? That should rule out this board anyways for you, shouldn't it?

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #412 on: Mon, 26 December 2016, 15:06:09 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 January 2017, 16:42:25 by alienman82 »

Offline marian

« Reply #413 on: Mon, 26 December 2016, 15:08:20 »
A question about the color Jet Black: does it have a metallic effect, it's not just black right?. I can't tell just by the sample pic. Will it look more like the renders?

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #414 on: Mon, 26 December 2016, 15:36:01 »
A question about the color Jet Black: does it have a metallic effect, it's not just black right?. I can't tell just by the sample pic. Will it look more like the renders?

It's Matte, so it's not like shiny like metal; hence "Matte Jet Black".
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 December 2016, 16:19:26 by jchan94 »

Offline FLOCKA

• New name: ghostdeini
« Reply #415 on: Mon, 26 December 2016, 15:39:44 »
Quick question. Can anybody confirm that I've got these key sizes right?

I would need:
  • 1.75u Shift
  • 1.5u Control
  • 1.5u Alt

Have I got that right?

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #416 on: Mon, 26 December 2016, 15:42:26 »
Quick question. Can anybody confirm that I've got these key sizes right?

Show Image

I would need:
  • 1.75u Shift
  • 1.5u Control
  • 1.5u Alt

Have I got that right?

Correct.

Offline FLOCKA

« Reply #417 on: Mon, 26 December 2016, 15:54:11 »
Thank you kindly! Now to hunt down a set of keys that will fit this bad boy. It seems like GMK Carbon's "base kit" includes enough keys to provide full coverage, so I'm thinking that might be a good choice.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #418 on: Mon, 26 December 2016, 15:58:42 »
Thank you kindly! Now to hunt down a set of keys that will fit this bad boy. It seems like GMK Carbon's "base kit" includes enough keys to provide full coverage, so I'm thinking that might be a good choice.

Yupp! Carbon should fit it fine. Good luck hunting!

edit

News!

This will launch in January sometime (might be early, might be late).

The google form will be open for: 5 days only. You will be invoiced at the end of the form period.

The rubber feet are looking to land soon and we'll have photos up then of the full bottom.
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 December 2016, 16:37:33 by jchan94 »

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #419 on: Mon, 26 December 2016, 17:23:05 »
had to screw me over, so I can't get blue since I didn't get hydro since Dolch mods belong with Dolch alphas not beige alphas.

smh.

What about your "boycott china" thing? That should rule out this board anyways for you, shouldn't it?

well Stefan, while I have stated in the mira thread more or less three times that that was a joke, I can also say that I buy whatever I want.

Oh, sorry, I forgot that friendly banter isn't a thing on the internet. Don't take everything I casually say personal, you'll realize when I'm really serious :-* everything else either has a neutral or sarcastic meaning  :))

Offline kitchenace13

« Reply #420 on: Tue, 27 December 2016, 10:22:37 »
Count me in for at least one (likely more) of these.  Cannot wait, these look amazing!  :thumb:

Offline Potatoes

« Reply #421 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 07:55:19 »
Thinking about this. Looks great.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #422 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 09:50:41 »
Sorry if it's been answered already, but are the side bolts going to be only available in silver color?  Or some options there?

Can't decide between nylon base and aluminum base.  I'd prefer the aluminum base, but the option of having bottom lighting is nice, and it's exclusive to the nylon base.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #423 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 09:53:48 »
Sorry if it's been answered already, but are the side bolts going to be only available in silver color?  Or some options there?

Can't decide between nylon base and aluminum base.  I'd prefer the aluminum base, but the option of having bottom lighting is nice, and it's exclusive to the nylon base.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=85629.msg2324988#msg2324988
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #424 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 15:36:52 »

The custom molded feet have landed! They fit perfectly. They lock into the base piece very easily with hole inserts on the base, and have 3M tape on them so they don't come off. More photos to come soon!

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #425 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 18:07:50 »

Cool thanks. Completely overlooked that post somehow :(

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #426 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 23:34:30 »
Just got a new camera and still getting used to it. Still not optimized to how I want it setup, but here are the photos of the custom molded feet.

Offline FLOCKA

« Reply #427 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 23:37:22 »
Love it! I may have missed this earlier, but I had no idea the nylon bottom had a weight included  :D

So were the feet basically the last hurdle to clear for the gb?

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #428 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 23:46:49 »
Love it! I may have missed this earlier, but I had no idea the nylon bottom had a weight included  :D

So were the feet basically the last hurdle to clear for the gb?

The feet were the last parts to receive. The PCBs are currently manufacturing already.

I guess you can say that everything is here and ready, but we have a few things left to do:

1. Packaging
2. Designing the extra goodie we have
3. Updating the plate (one measurement was off for split spacebar by 0.2mm).
4. Designing the brass

Almost there! :)

Offline FLOCKA

« Reply #429 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 23:49:28 »
That's very exciting news! Also, I don't know how you do it man! I keep seeing your name attached to so many different projects, it's really impressive. Your hard work is greatly appreciated!

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #430 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 23:50:18 »
That's very exciting news! Also, I don't know how you do it man! I keep seeing your name attached to so many different projects, it's really impressive. Your hard work is greatly appreciated!

Well it's not without people's help :).

RAMA is a huge part of this project and it wouldn't be here without him <3.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #431 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 23:59:28 »

So, I love that there's a Hydro special color, any chance of a terminal special color since it looks like this will be dropping around the same time? (And green is bae)
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #432 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 00:02:58 »

So, I love that there's a Hydro special color, any chance of a terminal special color since it looks like this will be dropping around the same time? (And green is bae)

That sounds like a fantastic idea.

I think this is what I'll do most likely since we're closing in on everything. I wouldn't want to add a color if I didn't have a sample chip on hand. The manufacturers would take 1-2 weeks to get that to us and a crazy price to get it expedited.

In any case, this is my plan:

R1 will offer the current colors.

R2 will offer the most popular colors from R1, and I think we can add green + a special r2 color as well. I was also thinking about adding maroon. It'd be great to see that. I thought about add red (GMK Pyro), but I think it might be way too tacky looking, despite having Hydro Blue.
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 December 2016, 00:05:14 by jchan94 »

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #433 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 00:04:37 »

I think this is what I'll do most likely since we're closing in on everything. I wouldn't want to add a color if I didn't have a sample chip on hand. The manufacturers would take 1-2 weeks to get that to us and a crazy price to get it expedited.

R2 will offer the 2 most popular colors from R1, and I think we can add green + a special r2 color as well. I was also thinking about adding maroon. It'd be great to see that. I thought about add red (GMK Pyro), but I think it might be way too tacky looking, despite having Hydro Blue.

Awesome. As much as I want one, I'll have to wait for rd 2 as I'm broke as hell after the holidays and since you're about to destroy my wallet with Terminal anyways.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #434 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 00:06:34 »

R2 will offer the 2 most popular colors from R1, and I think we can add green + a special r2 color as well. I was also thinking about adding maroon. It'd be great to see that. I thought about add red (GMK Pyro), but I think it might be way too tacky looking, despite having Hydro Blue.

Awesome. As much as I want one, I'll have to wait for rd 2 as I'm broke as hell after the holidays and since you're about to destroy my wallet with Terminal anyways.

Hahah, Terminal is by thekeycompany :). It's a great piece and I'm on the fence to get it. So many keysets, not enough keyboards :(

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #435 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 00:12:58 »

Hahah, Terminal is by thekeycompany :). It's a great piece and I'm on the fence to get it. So many keysets, not enough keyboards :(

Whoops! Thought that was you. My bad!

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #436 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 00:33:01 »
Jchan pls, do I join R1 or wait to see what the extra colors in R2 will be :thinking:  :-[

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #437 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 00:34:26 »
Jchan pls, do I join R1 or wait to see what the extra colors in R2 will be :thinking:  :-[

EH. R2.5 for "A LA CARTE" service ? :O

But who knows when that will happen. Seems long down the road and I can't see that far. I can just plan what I'm going to offer then :).

edit

In other news, I'm applying for a UPS business account and hopefully they give me good pricing for international deliveries. I definitely do not want problems. I know shipping is expensive to deal with, so I'm sorry for those who choose to participate internationally :(.
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 December 2016, 00:43:03 by jchan94 »

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #438 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 00:56:50 »

But who knows when that will happen. Seems long down the road and I can't see that far. I can just plan what I'm going to offer then :).

edit

In other news, I'm applying for a UPS business account and hopefully they give me good pricing for international deliveries. I definitely do not want problems. I know shipping is expensive to deal with, so I'm sorry for those who choose to participate internationally :(.

Hopefully you can get a real nice discount with a UPS business account. My company has one and the discount is around 78%, which is quite nice.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #439 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 00:58:51 »

edit

Hopefully you can get a real nice discount with a UPS business account. My company has one and the discount is around 78%, which is quite nice.

oh jesus. I hope it is that good. Not sure how far it'll go since I believe it would depend on ongoing / reoccuring volume.

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #440 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 01:45:25 »

oh jesus. I hope it is that good. Not sure how far it'll go since I believe it would depend on ongoing / reoccuring volume.

Here's hoping that you can get hooked up with a nice discount. I think my work has such a steep discount because of the sheer daily volume of international and domestic UPS shipments (UPS truck and freight truck come by every day).

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #441 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 20:18:00 »
What's been decided about plate colors?  They will match the top case color?  Will there be an option to mix and match top and bottom colors, or one solid color for everything?

Offline FLOCKA

« Reply #442 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 20:32:52 »
What's been decided about plate colors?  They will match the top case color?  Will there be an option to mix and match top and bottom colors, or one solid color for everything?

I thought the case and plate were integrated as a single piece... At least that's how it looks from the renders. Just slide the PCB underneath, then the nylon (or aluminum) bottom. But I could be wrong!

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #443 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 21:15:41 »

I thought the case and plate were integrated as a single piece... At least that's how it looks from the renders. Just slide the PCB underneath, then the nylon (or aluminum) bottom. But I could be wrong!

My original vision was to have identical plate colors to the top to lower issues, but slowly as more and more people email / pm me about this, I might push for Stainless Steel plates.

Fill out the form for the plate feedback. If there's interest for each one, I think we can make it work if they even out.

https://goo.gl/forms/hk7jaF13hyeFNNun2

Offline FLOCKA

« Reply #444 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 21:20:15 »

My original vision was to have identical plate colors to the top to lower issues, but slowly as more and more people email / pm me about this, I might push for Stainless Steel plates.

Fill out the form for the plate feedback. If there's interest for each one, I think we can make it work if they even out.

Hey jchan, could you please check the sharing permissions on that? It is currently unavailable for me

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #445 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 21:24:56 »

Hey jchan, could you please check the sharing permissions on that? It is currently unavailable for me

Fixed. Sorry. Google Orgs Emails /shrug

Offline sony

• Formerly ultraidiot
« Reply #446 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 21:30:09 »

Fixed. Sorry. Google Orgs Emails /shrug
Can I buy a keyclack email?

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #447 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 23:42:38 »

"Stainless Steal"? Confirmed topskam!

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #448 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 23:49:15 »

They are separate, it's been pointed out somewhere early in this thread.

Thanks for that!  I wrote that I'm interested in the brass plate, and if brass will not be available, then matching the plate color to top color is good.  I hate stainless steel plates (when combined with rigid metal cases) with passion after my Lightsaver.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #449 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 00:59:57 »
@nathan lolll. Just saw that.

@photo Looks like people just want Alu, then Brass.

Waiting for confirmations on pricing and such,