Author Topic: Unknown Zenith Green Alps AT keyboard  (Read 1657 times)

Offline Niea

Unknown Zenith Green Alps AT keyboard
« on: Mon, 25 January 2010, 01:20:43 »

I am quite surprised that a scouring of this forum yielded no information :o

I saw the video after listening to keyboards on Youtube and am enticed by it's sound and vintage appearance, and as my forth coming Model M (scored a NOS 1391401 94' Blue for 35 shipped on craigslist ^_^) will be most likely unsuitable for night time use (thin walls and easily woken room mates), I figure having a quiet yet satisfying-to-type-on keyboard will good thing to invest in.

Any who, if anyone has information on this board i would very much appreciate it (if you have hands-on experience you might even win a prize!).

-Niea "Former Lurker"

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 25 January 2010, 06:58:48 »
Check out Sandy55's page here.
There were a lot of obscure Alps boards made in the 80s, alot of them wouldnt be documented around here.

Offline skriefal

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 25 January 2010, 11:15:09 »
I have one of those.  Green linear Alps switches -- nothing to get excited about.

Offline Niea

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 25 January 2010, 14:22:40 »
Quote from: skriefal;153597
I have one of those.  Green linear Alps switches -- nothing to get excited about.

Ah I see.

Well to be honest since i have been playing with my model M I do not think noise will be a problem as it is not as loud as I presumed (and therefore a second board is not needed at this time). Heh, I think the rubber-dome switch keyboard I was using before this one was just as loud (maybe even a tiny louder).

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 25 January 2010, 15:37:13 »
I've seen those old Zeniths around time to time on Ebay. Their layout reminds me of the XT Model F.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS