Author Topic: What video games are you currently playing?  (Read 196773 times)

Offline alertArchitect

Re: What video games are you currently playing?
« Reply #1100 on: Mon, 26 July 2021, 16:52:51 »
So... I have yet to play Total War: Warhammer II, as my sister, our friends, and I haven't been able to get a game going due to the schedules not quite lining up yet. But I did get through a bit of my backlog, namely Ghostrunner. This game is amazing if you're a fan of movement shooters, because it's basically a movement shooter like Titanfall 2, but with melee combat over shooting combat and the game being built as a platformer. The story isn't the strongest, sure, but that's not why you play that particular game. Honestly considering going for 100% on it.

I've also recently been dipping my toes back into MH Rise, as I haven't touched it for a bit in favor of some other games my friends have been playing, and it is definitely still a really good Monster Hunter game. Hell yeah.

Also been playing some Vermintide 2 lately, working on one of the hardest levels in the game and it is just kicking my group's ass. Still fun af though.

And, last but definitely not least, I found a complete in box copy of Pokemon Platinum, which I've been searching for in order to add to my collection for literal years. My personal favorite in the series, hands down, in the original box with the original documentation and manual. It cost me about $160 US before tax, but it was well worth it for the nostalgia and to have a physical copy of what is, in my opinion, the best Pokemon game ever released.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1101 on: Mon, 26 July 2021, 17:21:33 »
Been playing Might and Magic 8 Merge Mod, which is a mod created by some galaxy brained crazy person that somehow merged M&M 6/7/8 into a single game using the M&M8 engine. No idea how they did it, or what autistic black magic 4th dimension coding they used to do something so demanding for no gain, but it is flooding me with nostalgia and frustration. Nostalgic frustration, but in a good way. Ahh childhood. When the most complicated task of my week was figuring out how to push a hidden puke green switch on a puke green wall behind a barrier while being attacked by wraiths and skeletons to retrieve a nameless crystal for reasons I cannot discern.

Offline Asininity

« Reply #1102 on: Tue, 27 July 2021, 13:32:19 »
I'm getting back into modded Skyrim because why play a new game when you can play a decades old game over, and over, and over again.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #1103 on: Wed, 28 July 2021, 07:25:10 »
Been playing the diagnostic game w/ getting New World to run properly on my rig - ran fine in the Alpha but now get random crashes (full system power cut) in certain areas in the beginning.  Don't want to chance frying my GPU which fortunately has maxed out at 55-60c (benefits of a full cover waterblock on my GPU).  So far this is the only title to cause this out of my large backlog of games.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline alertArchitect

« Reply #1104 on: Wed, 28 July 2021, 11:20:29 »
Been playing the diagnostic game w/ getting New World to run properly on my rig - ran fine in the Alpha but now get random crashes (full system power cut) in certain areas in the beginning.  Don't want to chance frying my GPU which fortunately has maxed out at 55-60c (benefits of a full cover waterblock on my GPU).  So far this is the only title to cause this out of my large backlog of games.

If you are lucky enough have one of the higher end GPUs to come out in recent years, be careful with that game. I don't know if it's just on the Nvidia 3090s and 3080s, or if it's the entire 3000 series, or if it even applies to Radeon GPUs, but I have seen some troubling stuff recently that New World can actually brick those GPUs. It's one of the few new games I would recommend playing on a less powerful GPU just in case. I would recommend looking into it more and not taking my word on it at any sort of face value, since there's articles and videos that can go into much more detail than I can given that I only heard of the issue recently, don't know much about it since I don't plan to play New World and haven't looked into it that deeply, and I'm at work and can't access anything to look into it further right now.

TL;DR: I've heard New World is bricking some higher end GPUs, I don't know any more than that so look into it further if you're running one.

Offline Play Avery

• Mkeebs and Setup Enthusiast
« Reply #1105 on: Sat, 31 July 2021, 22:41:47 »
Just got my PS5 for a month but only been playing PS4 titles except for FIFA21  :p

I play a lot of Destiny 2 and of course, dropping into Verdansk every once in awhile  :))

Offline alertArchitect

« Reply #1106 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 12:41:38 »
Just got my PS5 for a month but only been playing PS4 titles except for FIFA21  :p

Honestly, if I were to get a console other than my Switch, it would be a PS5. I have a PC, so all of the exclusives I would want from Xbox are already available to me, and I have a Switch for the Nintendo titles. I don't have a lot of games I would get for the console, honestly, but I would definitely use it for Bloodborne, God of War, Demon's Souls, and the new Sackboy game (I know it's not the greatest, but hey, it's a new 3D platformer from a AAA publisher other than Nintendo in today's market, which is great, and they included music from one of my favorite bands, King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard. I'm kinda obligated to play it lol). There's a few more I can't think of at the moment, but those are the main ones.

Currently, though, I'm trying to focus on a move and finally finishing up Monster Hunter: World. Need those Fatalis and AT Velkhana sets added to my arsenal before I consider myself done with that game, and that's not counting that I want every layered armor.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #1107 on: Tue, 03 August 2021, 18:14:57 »
Anyone tried Intravenous yet?

Looks good, but I dont know if its gonna keep me in for a longer than few minutes...
9100 | 3070 | 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Frog TKL Zealios v2 78g| CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks Frosty Flake | Model M | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Carbon, 7bit's R5 Symbiosis, Filco, Amber Screen Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL MT3: Serika
::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Katlicious

• Cable Artisan & Keyboard Enthusiast
« Reply #1108 on: Wed, 11 August 2021, 16:36:32 »
Like a lot of people Cyberpunk, and i'm doing Rise of the tomb raider again. Lot of love to kerbal too.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1109 on: Sun, 21 November 2021, 16:06:59 »
Recently started playing Breath Of The Wild.
It is really really boring to me. Running around these huge areas with nothing to do. But particularly the dungeon design really bothers me. Unlike every other Zelda game, the dungeons in BotW have almost no combat, and are focused on puzzle solving. They are all sterile, look exactly the same, offer nothing interesting or new between them. I miss having a dozen or so dungeons with personality that felt different and gave you exciting new tools to use in them. Now it feels like work seeing the hundred something dull cookie cutter boring lifeless dungeons, I would actively avoid them if not that there was absolutely nothing else interesting to do in the game. I really do not understand the love for this game at all, it is so empty, so tedious, and so boring.

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #1110 on: Mon, 22 November 2021, 18:51:17 »
I had gotten Call of Duty Vanguard, Industria and Chernobylite recently, I had just started on Vanguard when my niece dropped by from Canada, to visit her sick mother. As I was busy looking after her for a week (SHN) buying food and attending to her, and ferrying her around after that, I did not have time to start on any of these games.

Funny thing is, now that she has just gone back, I can't seem to dive into games like before, but I suppose this phase would pass and I'd be back to my old self fragging like a madman.
Topre: HHKB Pro 2 Grey | HHKB Pro 2 White | Topre RF 103UB-55G + Yellow PBT key caps | Topre Type Heaven + Blue PBT keycaps | Leopold FC660C | CoolerMaster Novatouch TKL + Miami keyset | CoolerMaster Novatouch TKL + Galaxy Class Keycaps
Cherry MX: DS2 78 Version | DS2 Special Ed White keycaps | DK9087G2 Pro | Ducky Shine 2 YOTD | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS | Yellow Ducky Shine 3 MX White | Ducky Shine 3 MX Green | 2x Filco MJ Ninja | Leopold FC660M Clear | Storm Trigger Green | CM QuickFire TK Blue | DK9008 | KC  84 LED Black | White KC 87 Brown | DK9008S Blue | KBT Race 2 Blue | KBT Pure Pro MX Blue | KBP V60 Mini MX White | KBP V60 Mini MX Green | KUL ES-87 MX Clear
Buckling Spring: Lexmark Model M (1993)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1111 on: Mon, 29 November 2021, 14:44:48 »
Been playing Inscryption lately. A good mind-**** game, decent mechanics but not without it's flaws (sometimes mechanics take a backseat to story.) Definitely a unique and engaging atmospheric experience with a lot more going on than the game initially lets on. If you plan on playing this one DO NOT LOOK UP ANY PLAY THROUGHS OR WIKIS, this is a very spoiler-heavy game so going in blind is the best way. Then when you play it again you're almost guaranteed to get a different experience due to the way the game is structured, and I don't mean the 2nd time you will know everything, things will change.
Would recommend

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #1112 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 02:52:16 »
Been playing Inscryption lately. A good mind-**** game, decent mechanics but not without it's flaws (sometimes mechanics take a backseat to story.) Definitely a unique and engaging atmospheric experience with a lot more going on than the game initially lets on. If you plan on playing this one DO NOT LOOK UP ANY PLAY THROUGHS OR WIKIS, this is a very spoiler-heavy game so going in blind is the best way. Then when you play it again you're almost guaranteed to get a different experience due to the way the game is structured, and I don't mean the 2nd time you will know everything, things will change.
Would recommend

Noisy, where do you find those games? Trailer itself is scary:)
9100 | 3070 | 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Frog TKL Zealios v2 78g| CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks Frosty Flake | Model M | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Carbon, 7bit's R5 Symbiosis, Filco, Amber Screen Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL MT3: Serika
::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #1113 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 06:20:02 »
I have jumped back in on the R6 Siege train, normally it's my go to for getting away from CoD and Destiny.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • She/they
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #1114 on: Thu, 02 December 2021, 12:22:41 »
40+ hours of kovaak invested in this month

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1115 on: Thu, 02 December 2021, 16:51:53 »
Would recommend

Finished Inscryption last night. What an absolute mind ****. What a unique story and presentation. I have honestly never played anything like it, and it was beautiful.
Even though it is an amalgamation of ideas coming together to form one cohesive presentation, everything worked well together and the consistent refreshing of play mechanics and space kept me very engaged.
I have not played a game that I kept thinking about when bnot playing, and kept thinking about after finishing, for a very long time. And Inscryption gives you a lot to think about.
I'll steal the top review on Steam for this game, because it really sums up the feeling:
"The only bad thing about Inscryption is that you can only ever play it for the first time once."

I would very highly recommend this game. Do not watch a play through or stream. Go in blind and experience Inscryption for yourself. It took me about 20 hrs to play through the first time.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • She/they
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #1116 on: Fri, 03 December 2021, 08:54:46 »
Would recommend

Finished Inscryption last night. What an absolute mind ****. What a unique story and presentation. I have honestly never played anything like it, and it was beautiful.
Even though it is an amalgamation of ideas coming together to form one cohesive presentation, everything worked well together and the consistent refreshing of play mechanics and space kept me very engaged.
I have not played a game that I kept thinking about when bnot playing, and kept thinking about after finishing, for a very long time. And Inscryption gives you a lot to think about.
I'll steal the top review on Steam for this game, because it really sums up the feeling:
"The only bad thing about Inscryption is that you can only ever play it for the first time once."

I would very highly recommend this game. Do not watch a play through or stream. Go in blind and experience Inscryption for yourself. It took me about 20 hrs to play through the first time.

Card game hurt brain