Author Topic: What video games are you currently playing?  (Read 2608 times)

Online katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Fire sale is happening
Re: What video games are you currently playing?
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 00:22:15 »
CAN'T. STOP. PLAYING. SKYRIM REMASTERED. TOO. MANY. FUN. MODS.

Samezies. I wanted to restart a game after discovering I had the special edition, got me some mods, started a full mage character so I don't have to rely on sneak, because that's just boring.

I really like the house mods, the amount of effort some people put into them is amazing. The Elysium Estate just outside Whiterun is my favourite.
Keyboard of the Month - January Vote! - WTS Loads of stuff

More
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?

LZ SK - 65g Zealios | Cherry G81-1800 - Leeku PCB + Ergo Clears | WASD V2 - Clears | Keycool 104 RGB - Kailh Blues | '91 SSK | V60 Mini - Greens | KC 108 - Tactile Greys | KC 84 - Browns | Model M 1391406 | Terminal M 1392595 | Ducky Mini YOTH - Whites |

Email me - katushkin at geekhack dot org | Twitter | Snapchat - Katushkin | Steam | Instagram|

Offline ArchDill

« Reply #51 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 00:50:34 »

Samezies. I wanted to restart a game after discovering I had the special edition, got me some mods, started a full mage character so I don't have to rely on sneak, because that's just boring.

I really like the house mods, the amount of effort some people put into them is amazing. The Elysium Estate just outside Whiterun is my favourite.

I have been downloading every extra house mod possible. I have spent HOURS organizing.

Offline mrboovn

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 01:57:34 »
Playing Diablo 3 after 1 season break,and Overwatch.
Will start playing BF1 multiplayer tmr,the campaign is really fun.
OTD 360c-456GT-356CL DGE | Duck Eagle V1+V2-Viper V1+V2-Poker-Pad-Orion V2-Octagon V2-Lightsaver V2-Kingsaver | KMAC Happy(60%)-Happy HHKB |LZ GH -LZ MX Mini | 2x TGR-CE | TX CP | Dolphin V2|ENVKX|M5-92|VNMK MX-Mini | Cherry G80-5000HAMRB |Realforce 108UW Hi Pro-45g 55UW-HHKB
Octagon v2-LSV v2-KMAC 1.2-Blackbird

https://www.flickr.com/gp/97473780@N08/10mLE5

Offline hanoipho

« Reply #53 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 21:31:53 »
Senran Kagura Estival Versus
DOA Xtreme 3
Street fighter V
KoF XIV

And watching JP streamers play FF15 because I don't care to pay $60 for it.

Dota 2
LOL
CSGO
Overwatch
Diablo 3

How do you all balance so many games? Every time I play more than two games at once I stop playing them altogether and they go unplayed for months.

This is my time table :))
OW:3-6 hrs everyday
Dota: few matches/week
LOL + CSGO: few matches/month

Offline smarmar

• My other car is a Model M
« Reply #54 on: Sun, 15 January 2017, 16:58:14 »
I played SUPERHOT in VR at my bud's house the other night. I was in there for about 15 minutes and literally felt a fleeting second or two of slight depression after taking off the headgear. I can totally relate to the Lawnmower Man now. :cool: He has HTC brand running under Steam. I was impressed by how responsive and light-weight it was compared to the last time I tried VR (in 1998!).
1992 IBM Model M | Tesoro Durandal [Browns] | Hi-Tek RT-101 [NMB AT/XT] | Matias Tactile Pro 3 [Alps] | Tandy Enhanced [Sliders] | Dell Quiet Keys | Mitsumi [AT]

Offline digifiend

« Reply #55 on: Sun, 15 January 2017, 17:01:34 »
Battlefield 1 PC, Star Wars Battlefront PC (until it stopped launching), Fallout 4 PC, Lego Dimensions Xbox360 (with kid), I may start Rocket League in a bit.
HHKB Pro 2 | KUL ES-87 w/MX Clears | Varmilo VA87MR w/ Gat Browns | Pok3r w/MX Clears

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #56 on: Sun, 15 January 2017, 20:01:03 »
I played SUPERHOT in VR at my bud's house the other night. I was in there for about 15 minutes and literally felt a fleeting second or two of slight depression after taking off the headgear. I can totally relate to the Lawnmower Man now. :cool: He has HTC brand running under Steam. I was impressed by how responsive and light-weight it was compared to the last time I tried VR (in 1998!).

Don't buy one before you play for 2 hours...

I got serious eye strain.. and vergence/accomodation reflex problems after only 30 minutes..

Offline swangful

• TADA68 - DSA Dolch
« Reply #57 on: Sun, 15 January 2017, 20:39:01 »
DOTA 2, I've been playing over 10 years and the game never gets old. It's like chess on steroids. If you want something a little quicker and without such a steep learning curve, I would recommend Overwatch/HOTS.

Offline _BMW_M3_

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 15 January 2017, 20:41:37 »
Overwatch and I hate myself for it.
Dolphin v1 LE | TGR Jane | LZ Ergo

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #59 on: Sun, 15 January 2017, 20:51:35 »
Currently working to catch a legendary big zubat in pokemon moon.
oh yeah I saw that crazy **** if that doesn't win I'm deleting my account

ヽ( ͠ ͜ʖ )ノ

alps64 - mtsc

Offline sems

« Reply #60 on: Mon, 16 January 2017, 02:00:59 »
Transistor, started this after finishing Bastion. Such a beautiful game this is. The studio manages well to create an artistic aspect in every game.

Offline smarmar

• My other car is a Model M
« Reply #61 on: Mon, 16 January 2017, 17:01:33 »

Don't buy one before you play for 2 hours...

I got serious eye strain.. and vergence/accomodation reflex problems after only 30 minutes..
Yikes! You got problems during or after being in VR? You need to do Speed Reader's eye exercises! Check 'em out:
Skip to 18:24. I do them every day!
1992 IBM Model M | Tesoro Durandal [Browns] | Hi-Tek RT-101 [NMB AT/XT] | Matias Tactile Pro 3 [Alps] | Tandy Enhanced [Sliders] | Dell Quiet Keys | Mitsumi [AT]

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #62 on: Mon, 16 January 2017, 19:17:46 »
Yikes! You got problems during or after being in VR? You need to do Speed Reader's eye exercises! Check 'em out:

I do them every day!

I had discomfort after about 15 minutes..

Ignored it,  then after about 30 minutes.. I just couldn't take it no more,  it was this dull pain in the back of my eyes..

This is actually a major problem they're trying to solve with current VR hardware.. Vergence / Accommodation reflex

There is a certain Reflex to your eyes,  correlating the inward rotation and the focus of the lens in your eye.

These things are used to moving together in conjunction..   

You develop this reflex beginning the day you began to see...

With current vr technology..  it's a fixed focus system..   Which means no matter the perceived distance to object,  the lens in your eye has to stay in the same focus distance..

So the problem is,  now with vr,  you're breaking the reflex,  which can have mild to severe consequences..

They're especially worried about this problem for Children,  because children are still in the development stage of their ocular circuits and pathways...

Offline mousouchop

« Reply #63 on: Tue, 17 January 2017, 05:56:09 »
My coworker has a Vive and doesn't report any issues with him or his girlfriend. He keeps teasing us with the possibility of a VR party so the rest of us can try it out...

Anyway-- he and I also keep lusting after FFXV. I am an FF fan, while he is just interesting in testing the waters... I don't have a PS4 or Xbox One, so I will be waiting a while before I commit to actually playing this game unfortunately... I never considered watching Japanese streamers play! That is a good idea... if not slightly creepy. :P

Offline Rayoui

« Reply #64 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 08:55:46 »

I really want to play this but I'm waiting for SKSE64. I've still been playing the original Skyrim because I have >200 mods installed. Can't live without SKSE!

I had discomfort after about 15 minutes..

Ignored it,  then after about 30 minutes.. I just couldn't take it no more,  it was this dull pain in the back of my eyes..

This is actually a major problem they're trying to solve with current VR hardware.. Vergence / Accommodation reflex

There is a certain Reflex to your eyes,  correlating the inward rotation and the focus of the lens in your eye.

These things are used to moving together in conjunction..   

You develop this reflex beginning the day you began to see...

With current vr technology..  it's a fixed focus system..   Which means no matter the perceived distance to object,  the lens in your eye has to stay in the same focus distance..

So the problem is,  now with vr,  you're breaking the reflex,  which can have mild to severe consequences..

They're especially worried about this problem for Children,  because children are still in the development stage of their ocular circuits and pathways...

I preordered the Rift and I've had it for about eight months now. I've used it upwards of 12 hours in a single day, sometimes four to five hours at time and I've never had any issues other than some discomfort around the facial interface.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Elevated Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 18:30:27 »
Playing some Diablo 3 again after 3 year hiatus. They really just added one more class? Couldn't come up with a second? And the cheap way the cutscenes are done in still images like the Street Fighter V "story" mode pisses me off, Blizzard is supposed to be all about production quality.

The game itself is good, a lot of rebalancing since I last played which is nice. I really like Adventure Mode.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #freeX
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 09:20:27 »
Has anyone here played the newest Hitman? Just got the full game for half price on sale and I've seen mixed reviews. Guess I'm just wondering if I should be rushing to play it since I already own it lol. Unlike a lot of people, I didn't absolutely hate Absolution. I understand that the stealth mechanics were kinda ****, but it was still plenty of fun. Unfortunately, I've been out of my room so much, my computer hasn't even been turned on in two or so months, much easier when school gives you a laptop I guess. I have still been playing a ton of 2k11 though (one of the only games I really want to play that this Thinkpad can run and that doesn't require a mouse and keyboard).
IV KBK Info IV | KWK Info
Boards: TGR-Jane | MX-1800 |

"Time is Money, Efficiency is Life"

Online Skull_Angel

« Reply #67 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 23:40:28 »
A friend of mine recently got me into Ragnarok Online. I'm weirded out by the click-to-move control scheme, but it's fun enough to hold my attention atm.

I've been on-and-off with gaming recently, mostly sticking to f2p mmos or browsing the good old steam library for something quick and easy. Looking forward to Star Citizen's more complete builds, but haven't checked it out since early 2.4.