Author Topic: I'm from Logitech: What to use to test a Gaming keybaord  (Read 2268 times)

Online Rayoui

Re: I'm from Logitech: What to use to test a Gaming keybaord
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 17 January 2017, 20:51:18 »
I can't think of a situation that would require me to press down 6+ keys at the same time. NKRO is a nice thing to have I guess, but I certainly wouldn't overlook a board just because it has 6kro.

As far as 1000hz, I doubt anyone can feel the difference. Objectively, I'd say it does give some improvement to latency, however small.

Mice are a different story. I know I can certainly feel the difference between different sensors and 125hz/1000Hz polling rates. But that's a whole different conversation.  :p

Offline OfTheWild

• Formerly boostdemon
  • Make things. Have fun.
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 01:36:16 »
.. oh and also, dont make the spacebar difficult to swap like Corsair and Leopold did. Stick with standard 6.25 or 7 and standard stabilizer spacing.  >:D
-Dana

Ducky Pro G2 | MiniVan | HHKB Type-S | Sentraq S60-X | WhiteFox Aria | KBParadise V80 | Leopold fc200rt | IBM Model-F XT
Cherry Blacks__________Salmon ALPS___55g Hasu Bluetooth ____Zealios 67/78g___________Cherry Clear Variable____Cream 'dampened' ALPS_____Cherry 'Jailhouse' Blues_____Buckling

Offline Tom_Kazansky

• Oblivion Knight
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 01:56:11 »
.. oh and also, dont make the spacebar difficult to swap like Corsair and Leopold did. Stick with standard 6.25 or 7 and standard stabilizer spacing.  >:D

haha, I feel like 1.5 - 1 - 1.5 - 6 - 1.5 - 1 - 1 - 1.5 bottom row is the "standard" for gaming board.

----
off topic:
@LogiSly, does Logitech have any plans for a new MMO mouse? I mean something like the G502, I really like the extra buttons in the left primary button.
the Steelseries Rival 500 has these extra buttons and one extra button on the right primary button, but somehow I don't feel like buying from Steelseries:'( 
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke

Offline keytohopiness

« Reply #53 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 12:48:35 »
I'm from Logitech: What to use to test a Gaming keybaord

I always test my typing accuracy.

:))

Offline ArchDill

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 12:56:27 »
Hello,

I'm a designer from Logitech. I have a question to the Gamers community :)

What would you do/use to compare different Gaming (mechanical) keyboards performance, on top of doing a typing test. Is there an online Game or any sort of performance online test Gamers are using to test and compare between each others how good or bad is their keyboards? There are plenty of typing tests available online but, but what about gaming test, where may be you use the WASD and space keys to see if the keyboard is good for gaming?

Thanks for answer!
LogiSly

Honestly, this is probably the wrong place to ask that question. I would look into r/pcmasterrace or something like that.

Online chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 12:05:28 »
Hello,

What would you do/use to compare different Gaming (mechanical) keyboards performance, on top of doing a typing test. Is there an online Game or any sort of performance online test Gamers are using to test and compare between each others how good or bad is their keyboards? There are plenty of typing tests available online but, but what about gaming test, where may be you use the WASD and space keys to see if the keyboard is good for gaming?

Thanks for answer!
LogiSly

Honestly, this is probably the wrong place to ask that question. I would look into r/pcmasterrace or something like that.

Just curious... why would you say that?
Pok3r Mx Browns | Pok3r Mx Clears | Magicforce 68 Mx Browns | JD45 Mx Clears | Grid Planck Mx Browns | JD45 Mx Browns | miniVan Gateron Browns

Currently Supporting:

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 13:55:36 »
Hello,

Thanks for answer!
LogiSly

Hahhahaahhaha....

Don't say that Archdill..  Adults by hype-keyboards too..

Offline ArchDill

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 00:01:56 »
Hello,

Thanks for answer!
LogiSly

Hahhahaahhaha....

Don't say that Archdill..  Adults by hype-keyboards too..

Carry on then... haha

Offline OfTheWild

• Formerly boostdemon
  • Make things. Have fun.
« Reply #58 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 01:57:19 »
well i mean honestly, we're keyboard people yes.. but the demographic is hardcore gamers right? Just because they like mechanical keyboards and there is definitely some overlap, what might sell well to gamers might not be considered choice by us.

I see your point, Arch.
-Dana

Ducky Pro G2 | MiniVan | HHKB Type-S | Sentraq S60-X | WhiteFox Aria | KBParadise V80 | Leopold fc200rt | IBM Model-F XT
Cherry Blacks__________Salmon ALPS___55g Hasu Bluetooth ____Zealios 67/78g___________Cherry Clear Variable____Cream 'dampened' ALPS_____Cherry 'Jailhouse' Blues_____Buckling

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #59 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 02:20:18 »
I personally find most stock keyboards need a keycap set swapped in right away. A quality switch can feel like complete garbage when low quality keycaps are used. No pad printed caps. No low quality painted windowed caps. Just use thick double shot keys and include extra textured or rubber topped gamer set keys for WASD, QWER etc. But include standard non rubberized or textured caps for that too. Always use a plate and make it heavy. As far as aesthetics go, do whatever sells and appeals to gamers. Even if it is tacky and an eyesore. Consumers are weird. Especially those who don't really know too much about mechanical keyboards. If the people want something that "stands out" and looks like a damn spaceship, then so be it.
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #60 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 04:51:55 »
Oh.. BTW, Many people (who are more into keyboards than the average Joe) have test-phrases that they try to type fast on a new keyboard that they are trying out.
If it can be typed fast on the keyboard without any errors and without feeling weird then it would be a good keyboard to type on.
... And if it isn't a good keyboard to type on, then it is probably not a good keyboard for gaming either.

For why should you get a keyboard only for gaming, that sucks for typing? Then you would need to have two keyboards on the desk. Nobody does that.
Daily driver: Phantom (Lubed Cherry MX Clear, Lasered Cherry PBT keycaps with Row A. Plastic "Frankencase". Custom firmware, Swedish layout)
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

Online chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #61 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 08:43:03 »
Oh.. BTW, Many people (who are more into keyboards than the average Joe) have test-phrases that they try to type fast on a new keyboard that they are trying out.
If it can be typed fast on the keyboard without any errors and without feeling weird then it would be a good keyboard to type on.
... And if it isn't a good keyboard to type on, then it is probably not a good keyboard for gaming either.

For why should you get a keyboard only for gaming, that sucks for typing? Then you would need to have two keyboards on the desk. Nobody does that.

There are as many different people as there are configurations under the sun.  I have multiple computers and multiple locations.  And the keyboards at those different locations and on those different computers are tailored to the need.
Pok3r Mx Browns | Pok3r Mx Clears | Magicforce 68 Mx Browns | JD45 Mx Clears | Grid Planck Mx Browns | JD45 Mx Browns | miniVan Gateron Browns

Currently Supporting: