Author Topic: [IC]Artisans Boxes-AB  (Read 6070 times)

Offline hitlu

• [LF] Ogres and Colonel
[IC]Artisans Boxes-AB
« on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 07:04:32 »
Alumina with different colorway.

Size as photo.

Price- 50 dollars + shipping cost from China

Tell me what color u wish.

5 colorway will be selected.

Mod...100

Mod Edit:  Removed images containing offensive material
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 January 2017, 03:55:54 by hitlu »
Colonel or Ogre

Offline muten-roshi

Re: [IC]Artisans Boxes-AB
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 07:27:52 »
All those nazi caps....  :eek:

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 10:11:33 »
Please refrain from posting images with potentially offensive material in the future.

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 10:21:00 »
Would be in for a couple...although kinda pricey for size? Also would be interested in a larger size!
∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 10:23:33 »
I think lunaris did these in a very limited run. I might be interested in black (helps to see all the caps better). What would be used as the lid?

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 10:35:40 »
Would be in for a couple...although kinda pricey for size? Also would be interested in a larger size!

Yea might potentially bit a bit pricey for its size, though if the material and craftsmanship is very good then I'm sure it'll be worth it.

As Romevi said, I'd love for them to come in black. I'd be in for one, probably 2.

Offline menuhin

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 10:45:53 »

Really? Are there some? Made by the Chinese?
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 10:48:05 »

Yea might potentially bit a bit pricey for its size, though if the material and craftsmanship is very good then I'm sure it'll be worth it.

As Romevi said, I'd love for them to come in black. I'd be in for one, probably 2.

Yeah its great that they're alu and well made -- but Im more concerned with the practicality-- I've wasted some cash on some artisan boxes that have gave me some headaches because of things like lack of clearance for taller artisans (kosmo, keyngv3 nose, booper bruce, even fuguv1) and flimsy lids that are a pain. It'd be great if we can get some info on that ~ otherwise they look great albeit pricey

edit: see Bruce, soyuz kosmo, & fuguv1s here
More
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 January 2017, 10:51:46 by KetchyKech »

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 10:51:15 »

Yeah, a lot of Chinese people love the old Nazi stuff, apparently enough to make keycaps featuring swastikas and the black-red-white colortheme. OP had like 5-10 different ones on the pictures that now got removed.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 11:10:20 »
Yeah its great that they're alu and well made -- but Im more concerned with the practicality-- I've wasted some cash on some artisan boxes that have gave me some headaches because of things like lack of clearance for taller artisans (kosmo, keyngv3 nose, booper bruce, even fuguv1) and flimsy lids that are a pain. It'd be great if we can get some info on that ~ otherwise they look great albeit pricey

Indeed, I was agreeing with you that despite quality they seem to be slightly pricey, would be cool to get some info on the other details/dimensions that's for sure!

PS: Regarding the Nazi themed enter that was removed and without meaning to elongate the potentially controversial subject; one doesn't necessarily have to be supportive of their fundamentals or trying to offend anyone to be interested in Nazi (German) history - someone who studies it extensively might just think it'd be a relevant addition to their key cap collection. Could be argued that the hammer and sickle novelties that have been in many a set (Granite being the most prominent I presume) also represent political views that may be frowned upon or offend others.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 11:22:38 »
I have seen this box before and I urge you to consider having a clear transparent top.
If I wanted a simple box to store my stuff in, cardboard does just fine. But making this into a display case instead would definitely be of interest.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline menuhin

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 11:26:56 »

Yeah, a lot of Chinese people love the old Nazi stuff, apparently enough to make keycaps featuring swastikas and the black-red-white colortheme. OP had like 5-10 different ones on the pictures that now got removed.

Interesting.
I found the images of those caps with Google by the way, will it be a reaction to the film "er ist wieder da".
I think the average mainland Chinese are not so fond of reading world history, or even Chinese history.
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline hitlu

• [LF] Ogres and Colonel
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 03:56:29 »
Please refrain from posting images with potentially offensive material in the future.
Gotta.Thanks
Colonel or Ogre

Offline hitlu

• [LF] Ogres and Colonel
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 03:58:31 »
lid would be alumina or arlic? tow editions?
Colonel or Ogre

Offline hitlu

• [LF] Ogres and Colonel
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 03:59:25 »

Can got from taobao..s
Colonel or Ogre

Offline hitlu

• [LF] Ogres and Colonel
« Reply #15 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 04:01:22 »

More
Show Image
For the size , i may update soon. For taller caps, i may make some bigger ones. but need to know how many people need that size. Thanks
Colonel or Ogre

Offline hitlu

• [LF] Ogres and Colonel
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 04:02:45 »

Indeed, I was agreeing with you that despite quality they seem to be slightly pricey, would be cool to get some info on the other details/dimensions that's for sure!

PS: Regarding the Nazi themed enter that was removed and without meaning to elongate the potentially controversial subject; one doesn't necessarily have to be supportive of their fundamentals or trying to offend anyone to be interested in Nazi (German) history - someone who studies it extensively might just think it'd be a relevant addition to their key cap collection. Could be argued that the hammer and sickle novelties that have been in many a set (Granite being the most prominent I presume) also represent political views that may be frowned upon or offend others.
sorry for nazi caps..removed
Colonel or Ogre

Offline hitlu

• [LF] Ogres and Colonel
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 04:03:30 »
I have seen this box before and I urge you to consider having a clear transparent top.
If I wanted a simple box to store my stuff in, cardboard does just fine. But making this into a display case instead would definitely be of interest.
Good suggest, will consider a transparent tops
Colonel or Ogre

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #18 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 04:59:20 »
I liked the pictures of the case with the naughty caps, can we just edit the picture? Maybe just some gentle wieners?

Offline hitlu

• [LF] Ogres and Colonel
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 05:43:31 »
that is fine, the pics on the case can be edited...maybe geekhack
Colonel or Ogre

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #20 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 08:46:46 »
sorry for nazi caps..removed

On the contrary, the point I was trying to make is that I don't think anyone should be offended by Nazi themed artisans because one could own them for any number of reasons that aren't at all related to supporting fascist ideology - I think you have nothing to apologise for.

Either way, please do make this a reality! I really want some high quality artisan boxes as I've run out of switch testers/pads and my keys are starting to pile up on my shelves.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 10:38:32 »
I would love a black or silver one with a recessed acrylic display plate that could have an aluminum cover on top.
Interested.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline kustom3

• bonjour
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 15 January 2017, 19:03:14 »
Definitely interested depending the final price and a transparent top being available.
Speaking of transparent tops, while they're good against dust there are more criteria worth considering imho:
-UV filtering: This feature is used for exhibits to protect from fading and degradation.
-Scratch resistance: It would be sad that some micro or even big scratches spoiled us from looking at those beautiful artisan keycaps.

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 16 January 2017, 20:17:48 »

More
Show Image
For the size , i may update soon. For taller caps, i may make some bigger ones. but need to know how many people need that size. Thanks
yessss hitlu~ taller + bigger size + acrylic/transparent window/lid =  :thumb:

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 16 January 2017, 22:37:19 »
idk how you will fit some artisans in those squares. some of them are just a mm or so wider than a standard cap... will there be stems or some way to mount a switch?

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 17 January 2017, 13:28:39 »
idk how you will fit some artisans in those squares. some of them are just a mm or so wider than a standard cap... will there be stems or some way to mount a switch?

Won't fit all artisan caps. For the larger ones I just keep them in a tin box.
With my tin drum.

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 17 January 2017, 13:59:16 »

With my tin drum.

I, too, store artisan caps in German literature.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 17 January 2017, 14:36:05 »

With my tin drum.

I, too, store artisan caps in German literature.

We're chums!

Offline rabbitfire

« Reply #28 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 09:06:22 »
wow $50+  :p

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 13:41:43 »
yes it is kind of pricey, but if the quality is there, I do not mind paying a little more!

As for the color I would like a black one (with a clear top, else a black cover is fine (with the GH logo of something? ^^)

I would just like to be sure that my artisans would fit in in height, so I would be in for a taller one :)

Offline stillzman

« Reply #30 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 15:52:52 »
Count me in for a black or titanium grey one with a clear lid, maybe even 2 in both colors. Would be awesome if the clear lid fit snuggly on the box, kind of like the the plastic lids do on tupperware. Or better yet, if there could be some sort of latching mechanism to ensure teh lid stays closed when traveling.

If we have to have an aluminum lid then I would definitely like it to have some sort of Geekhack logo.

Offline shangrila500

« Reply #31 on: Mon, 23 January 2017, 01:36:50 »
I'd definitely be interested in a black box, especially if it had the clear acrylic top!