Author Topic: [GB] Southpaw Full Size - In Production  (Read 10205 times)

Offline forumusername

Re: [GB] Southpaw Full Size - In Production
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 19 September 2018, 16:12:57 »
In case anyone didn't get it, there was an email update stating that machining has begun.
nice

Online Puddsy

• nice
  • * Exalted Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #101 on: Mon, 15 October 2018, 22:58:02 »
been a month, what's good
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Schumiboard" | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | MIRA SE "2Y10M" | TGR Alice "Pink + White" | MEME "Sound Meme" | Keycult No 1 "The Brass Behemoth" | Southpaw Fullsize (when it ships) | Daily driver: TGR Alice

I like what this guy said

Offline reconsiderit

• I'm actually not left handed www.switchplate.co
« Reply #102 on: Tue, 16 October 2018, 21:59:37 »
I haven't checked with the factory lately but they should be well done with CNC. I know that they haven't been finished yet since they're backed up on the finishing stage of things. From my rep, it sounds like they have a backlog of things since the SP65 cases that were CNCed two weeks ago still haven't been polished and deburred when I checked in with them yesterday. 

As far as PCBs go, I'm paying for them tonight and it shouldn't be long before they're done.

And on the packaging side of things, I need to grab quotes from a few places for foam. Will most likely be using standard double walled mailers.

And yes, we're still on track for the Q4 2018 / Q1 2019 ship date.

Offline HappyCatFish

« Reply #103 on: Tue, 16 October 2018, 22:25:09 »
Excited to put this keyboard together! I just got a set of C3 Tangerine switches that I am thinking about tuning up for this board. I really like the idea of this becoming my work board!

Thanks for the update!

Online Puddsy

• nice
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #104 on: Tue, 16 October 2018, 22:31:17 »
I haven't checked with the factory lately but they should be well done with CNC. I know that they haven't been finished yet since they're backed up on the finishing stage of things. From my rep, it sounds like they have a backlog of things since the SP65 cases that were CNCed two weeks ago still haven't been polished and deburred when I checked in with them yesterday. 

As far as PCBs go, I'm paying for them tonight and it shouldn't be long before they're done.

And on the packaging side of things, I need to grab quotes from a few places for foam. Will most likely be using standard double walled mailers.

And yes, we're still on track for the Q4 2018 / Q1 2019 ship date.

sick, thanks

super excited for this
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Schumiboard" | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | MIRA SE "2Y10M" | TGR Alice "Pink + White" | MEME "Sound Meme" | Keycult No 1 "The Brass Behemoth" | Southpaw Fullsize (when it ships) | Daily driver: TGR Alice

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #105 on: Wed, 17 October 2018, 07:00:52 »
Thanks for the update reconsiderit! Really looking forward to this beast =D

Offline Laughmaster

« Reply #106 on: Fri, 26 October 2018, 13:24:58 »
I just noticed that reconsiderit posted an update on Reddit yesterday that hadn't made its way here yet:

Acrylic plates were delivered earlier this week, but wrong files were sent for cutting. There are only a handful of them so they will be reordered and the ones that are on hand will be allocated to b-stock which will be available on the website shortly. The cases will be in queue for the hand finishing stage and should be finished around the beginning of December. Material for the plates have just arrived and will be cut shortly. These do not require any hand finishing (deburring, etc…) and are on schedule to be anodized with the cases by the time those finish up. PCB order was submitted with Lunar last week and should be finished shortly. We are on schedule for delivery mid Q1 2019.

Great to hear everything's on track for mid Q1 :thumb:

Online Puddsy

• nice
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #107 on: Sat, 27 October 2018, 12:02:23 »
I just noticed that reconsiderit posted an update on Reddit yesterday that hadn't made its way here yet:

Acrylic plates were delivered earlier this week, but wrong files were sent for cutting. There are only a handful of them so they will be reordered and the ones that are on hand will be allocated to b-stock which will be available on the website shortly. The cases will be in queue for the hand finishing stage and should be finished around the beginning of December. Material for the plates have just arrived and will be cut shortly. These do not require any hand finishing (deburring, etc…) and are on schedule to be anodized with the cases by the time those finish up. PCB order was submitted with Lunar last week and should be finished shortly. We are on schedule for delivery mid Q1 2019.

Great to hear everything's on track for mid Q1 :thumb:

awesome

gotta submit an address change but other than that i'm still hyped for this

i should buy switches

anyone got any suggestions? im doing half plate
« Last Edit: Sat, 27 October 2018, 12:04:01 by Puddsy »

Offline Myoth

• vintage/kustom
    • my deskthority profile
« Reply #108 on: Wed, 31 October 2018, 06:37:57 »
found out I lost interest in this GB, so I'm selling my spot. I'm looking to get exactly how much I paid. pm for info

EDIT: dunno if requesting a refund would work, but I'd prefer since no fees would be lost to paypal
« Last Edit: Wed, 31 October 2018, 06:42:46 by Myoth »

Offline spooknik

« Reply #109 on: Wed, 31 October 2018, 16:00:39 »

i should buy switches

The V2 Zealios are suppose to be good if you're into tactile. i'll be putting some V2 Zilents in mine when it comes. I ordered an extra PCB and I might do lubed vint. blacks on that one.

Online Puddsy

• nice
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #110 on: Wed, 31 October 2018, 16:16:45 »

i should buy switches

The V2 Zealios are suppose to be good if you're into tactile. i'll be putting some V2 Zilents in mine when it comes. I ordered an extra PCB and I might do lubed vint. blacks on that one.

I got PCB mount retooled blacks

Online Puddsy

• nice
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #111 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 12:58:09 »
it's that time where i ask for an update again

Offline reconsiderit

• I'm actually not left handed www.switchplate.co
« Reply #112 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 22:10:27 »

So it turns out that they machined the side cutout incorrectly so those will be redone soon. They've tested fitted all the weights and bottoms so those fit together fine without any issues. On track for delivery sometime earlier next year.

The incorrectly machined part that I'm talking about are where the faces highlighted in blue meet. I'm assuming they were in the process of figuring out how to machine those faces from the top down and forgot about it. Luckily they compared it with the control unit that was finished when I was there.

Online Puddsy

• nice
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #113 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 22:35:19 »

So it turns out that they machined the side cutout incorrectly so those will be redone soon. They've tested fitted all the weights and bottoms so those fit together fine without any issues. On track for delivery sometime earlier next year.

Show Image

Show Image

The incorrectly machined part that I'm talking about are where the faces highlighted in blue meet. I'm assuming they were in the process of figuring out how to machine those faces from the top down and forgot about it. Luckily they compared it with the control unit that was finished when I was there.

certainly an odd problem

i don't see it at all but i'll certainly take your word for it, you know the design better than i do and also im blind

thanks for the update

Offline Myoth

• vintage/kustom
    • my deskthority profile
« Reply #114 on: Tue, 20 November 2018, 15:47:55 »
found out I lost interest in this GB, so I'm selling my spot. I'm looking to get exactly how much I paid. pm for info

EDIT: dunno if requesting a refund would work, but I'd prefer since no fees would be lost to paypal
bump lmao
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 November 2018, 15:57:50 by Myoth »