Author Topic: [IC] Australian HHKB Group Buy - LIVE  (Read 4510 times)

Offline jjanssen1

[IC] Australian HHKB Group Buy - LIVE
« on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 06:49:41 »

LIVE

More
EDIT: 01 Feb 2017 19:29:24
There had been quite a bit of interest over on reddit, so I am planning on going ahead with this.
Expect a group buy post within a week or two  :thumb:

Hi everyone,

Welcome to my Australian HHKB group buy Interest Check thread :)

Here's my current plan:

1:You send me your order for any HHKB from PFU Fujitsu's website.
2:I place the order with PFU Fujitsu
3:I get order shipped to a shipping proxy
4:Proxy receives order and ships to me (in Melbourne)
5:Once I receive order from proxy, I ship via AusPost regular mail
6:You receive your brand new HHKB

How will this work?

I will be ordering directly from PFU Fujitsu and shipping to Australia using http://tenso.com/en,
The more people that order the lower the overall shipping cost to get the Keyboards from Australia will be. For example One keyboard cost roughly 3000 yen to ship from Japan to Australia via tenso, but 2 Keyboards costs 4000 yen(2000 yen per person (23.00 Aud)), 3 costs 5000 (1666 per person(19.00 Aud))etc... But if 20 boards are ordered, the shipping cost is 19550 yen (roughly 1000 yen per person (11.50 Aud)). When the boards are in Australia, the auspost shipping cost is roughly $15-20 Aud bringing the total cost up to $25-43 Aud.

What boards will be available?
The complete selection of boards can be found here: http://www.pfu.fujitsu.com/direct/hhkb/
But here's a basic list of what boards will be available:
HHKB Pro 2 English. Black or White. Blank or Printed caps
HHKB Pro 2 Japan. Black or white. Printed caps
HHKB Pro 2 Type-S English. White. Blank or Printed caps
HHKB Pro 2 Type-S Japan. White. Printed caps
HHKB Pro 2 Bluetooth English. Black. Blank or Printed caps
HHKB Pro 2 Bluetooth Japan. Black. Printed caps

Thanks

-Joshua
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 February 2017, 05:10:22 by jjanssen1 »
IBM Model M 1386303

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
Re: [IC] Australian HHKB group buy?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 06:58:15 »
Cool idea dude
Any idea on what the prices are for the boards when buying direct from PFU?

Offline jjanssen1

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 07:07:07 »
Cool idea dude
Any idea on what the prices are for the boards when buying direct from PFU?

Pro 2 English and Japan (any colour + keycap printing): ¥24840 = $290 AUD
Pro 2 Type-S English and Japan (Any Keycap printing): ¥29700 = $346 AUD
Pro 2 Bluetooth English and Japan (Any Keycap printing): ¥29700 = $346 AUD

-Joshua
IBM Model M 1386303

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 07:31:12 »
Make sure you take into consideration import tax when calculating your prices if the value is over $1000. Save yourself the headache of having to chase up with GB participants whilst the goods get stuck in customs.

But aside from that ****ing good idea, I wish you were doing this the other year when I bought one.

Offline jjanssen1

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 15:22:11 »
Make sure you take into consideration import tax when calculating your prices if the value is over $1000. Save yourself the headache of having to chase up with GB participants whilst the goods get stuck in customs.

But aside from that ****ing good idea, I wish you were doing this the other year when I bought one.

I didn't think of that before, so thanks for telling me.

I have thought of an idea though. I can have the boards shipped in batches of 3, meaning that the value for each package is less than $1000 altogether, meaning that everyone doesn't have to pay 5% in duty and 10% GST.
Although it makes it a little more complicated, it's a lot cheaper in the long run.

If there is enough inteerest, I will be also offering local pick-up for people in Melbourne so that they don't have to pay AusPost costs.

-Joshua
IBM Model M 1386303

Offline jjanssen1

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 18:42:10 »
So, who's interested?

-Joshua
IBM Model M 1386303

Offline jjanssen1

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 02:29:22 »
There had been quite a bit of interest over on reddit, so I am planning on going ahead with this.

Expect a group buy post within a week or two  :thumb:

-Joshua
IBM Model M 1386303

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: [IC] Australian HHKB Group Buy (Coming soon)
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 19:42:08 »
I already have an HHKB, so I won't be joining, but wish you luck :)

By the way, did anyone ever ask whether MechKB would consider selling them?  They do stock RealForce keyboards.

https://mechkb.com/
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline jjanssen1

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 19:43:27 »

By the way, did anyone ever ask whether MechKB would consider selling them?  They do stock RealForce keyboards.

I asked them mid-late last year but never got a reply.
IBM Model M 1386303

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 20:54:35 »

I spoke to them a while ago about it - I think they were having issues with getting supply

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 19:45:21 »

I spoke to them a while ago about it - I think they were having issues with getting supply

Maybe they'd like to join this GB to get some stock in ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline jjanssen1

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 19:47:57 »

Maybe they'd like to join this GB to get some stock in ;)

If they can pay for GST and duty, I don't care how many they order (that's if they want to join of course) :thumb:
IBM Model M 1386303

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 20:37:11 »
Just a heads up, tenso sometimes offers free shipping deals.  Might want to check it out and see if there is a weight limit or anything.  Would save a ton on the costs.

Offline jjanssen1

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 20:38:31 »
Just a heads up, tenso sometimes offers free shipping deals.  Might want to check it out and see if there is a weight limit or anything.  Would save a ton on the costs.

Thanks for the heads up  :thumb:
IBM Model M 1386303

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 20:39:31 »

At least they used to.  Im looking at their facebook now, and I have not seen one recently.  They may have switched to money off shipping instead.

Offline jjanssen1

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 20:56:17 »

At least they used to.  Im looking at their facebook now, and I have not seen one recently.  They may have switched to money off shipping instead.
Dahm, Thanks heaps anyway though  :thumb:
IBM Model M 1386303

Offline jjanssen1

Re: [IC] Australian HHKB Group Buy - LIVE
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 06 February 2017, 05:10:54 »
LIVE
IBM Model M 1386303