Author Topic: [GB] GMK Umbra | Shipping to Customers | Nov. 1 - Dec. 16, 2019  (Read 49317 times)

Offline Pachriksu

Re: [GB] GMK Umbra | Samples Have Arrived! | Nov. 1 - Dec. 16, 2019
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 25 February 2020, 08:16:07 »
Samples look good! When do you think the sets will be ready for shipping?
My prediction is around June, but GMK is pretty backed up right now with all the group buys that have happened, so I canít say for sure.
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 February 2020, 08:20:57 by Pachriksu »

Offline Pachriksu

Re: [GB] GMK Umbra | Samples Have Arrived! | Nov. 1 - Dec. 16, 2019
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 17:04:34 »
New Update Posted.

Offline Pachriksu

Re: [GB] GMK Umbra | In Production, RAMA Updates | Nov. 1 - Dec. 16, 2019
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 10:28:49 »
Updayt

Offline bobfrink

« Reply #53 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 08:10:22 »
I'm late to this group buy. How are the extra sets planning to be distributed? I am interested in a Hiragana set and potentially also a base set.

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 11:38:41 »
I'm late to this group buy. How are the extra sets planning to be distributed? I am interested in a Hiragana set and potentially also a base set.

Extras will be sold by the vendors. You'll need to check with them.

Offline Bpendragon

• The Horse Stable
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 12:28:31 »
Just creating a GH account and chiming in to say that I love this set and can't wait till I get mine in hand. (I found out through Kono).

My quarantine project has been designing and buying the materials for an endgame built around this set. So thank you for bringing this to fruition.

Layout (note media key cluster, '00' key, and status LED location): http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/gists/7abe0f9944f72517c9f9f7b989548eb5

Case design: 243641-0

Shiny Umbreon is my favorite pokemon design of all time, I am definitely dedicated to this one.

243643-1

243645-2

Offline Pachriksu

Re: [GB] GMK Umbra | Shipping to Vendors | Nov. 1 - Dec. 16, 2019
« Reply #56 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 08:07:23 »
Update Bump!

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 08:18:33 »
awesome!!

Offline Tyson

« Reply #58 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 08:30:56 »
Nice update, glad to see the set shipping. As for the renders, I went back and grabbed my RAL Deck and looked at the Colors IRL, they do not match the board renders. The alpha color is drastically darker irl and in your pic than in the renders. I also noticed that in your Feb 2nd update you mentioned that Abec went back and re-rendered the set with the new colors. So are the old colors the ones used for the set, or was there just a miscommunication with the renders from Abec using the wrong alpha color? The render from GMK looks more accurate then the board renders.

Offline Pachriksu

« Reply #59 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 08:51:49 »
Nice update, glad to see the set shipping. As for the renders, I went back and grabbed my RAL Deck and looked at the Colors IRL, they do not match the board renders. The alpha color is drastically darker irl and in your pic than in the renders. I also noticed that in your Feb 2nd update you mentioned that Abec went back and re-rendered the set with the new colors. So are the old colors the ones used for the set, or was there just a miscommunication with the renders from Abec using the wrong alpha color? The render from GMK looks more accurate then the board renders.
The renders from Abec on the thread match the colors of the actual set. The alpha color isn't darker, if you're referring to the newest pictures, I said that they were undersaturated and the samples I have on hand do match the RAL colors.

Edit: Look at the March 11th update for sample comparison to RAL deck
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 June 2020, 08:56:10 by Pachriksu »

Offline Dave_Lister

« Reply #60 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 10:02:48 »
I'd have to agree that the alphas look significantly darker than expected. Blue looks great though and I'm excited to recive the set soon. Can't believe I'm going to end up getting this before Dracula!

Offline Tyson

« Reply #61 on: Sun, 26 July 2020, 11:34:16 »
After seeing the set on r/mk I knew I had to try to get the set in extras! Instead I got inpatient and bought the set on Mechmarket. I'm super excited to get it in! There might be a chance that it'll arrive before the set ships to everyone in the US too! :)

Offline Anthixious

« Reply #62 on: Sun, 26 July 2020, 12:19:24 »
Just creating a GH account and chiming in to say that I love this set and can't wait till I get mine in hand. (I found out through Kono).

My quarantine project has been designing and buying the materials for an endgame built around this set. So thank you for bringing this to fruition.

Layout (note media key cluster, '00' key, and status LED location): http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/gists/7abe0f9944f72517c9f9f7b989548eb5

Case design: (Attachment Link)

Shiny Umbreon is my favorite pokemon design of all time, I am definitely dedicated to this one.

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

I would LOVE a full-size aluminum case and PCB like this  :(

Offline Tyson

« Reply #63 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 00:30:17 »
Just got my set in from the person in the EU, the set is definitely darker than the pic I saw on reddit. No worries though, it's still turned out looking nice. The main issue that I have with this set is that there are NO SCOOPED HOMING KEYS.... IDK how this was left out, there are only barred F,J,5 and flat F,J,5 keys. My Spacebars are also warped, but I'm still using the 7u just fine, so it's not bothering me, but it will definitely bother others if their spacebars don't work. Other than those two things the set turned out just fine. I plan on using it on my Bauer for a while!

Offline Pachriksu

« Reply #64 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 15:00:14 »
Just got my set in from the person in the EU, the set is definitely darker than the pic I saw on reddit. No worries though, it's still turned out looking nice. The main issue that I have with this set is that there are NO SCOOPED HOMING KEYS.... IDK how this was left out, there are only barred F,J,5 and flat F,J,5 keys. My Spacebars are also warped, but I'm still using the 7u just fine, so it's not bothering me, but it will definitely bother others if their spacebars don't work. Other than those two things the set turned out just fine. I plan on using it on my Bauer for a while!

Show Image

I'm glad you like the set! No scooped homing keys were actually my decision, as I at the time was not aware that scooped keys were standard (as shown in the renders). I really hope GMK sorts out their QC issues, especially with the spacebars these days.

Offline Pachriksu

« Reply #65 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 15:00:57 »
double post

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #66 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 16:56:21 »
So it's no homing and bar homing instead of scoop homing and bar homing? That's actually pretty funny. Bars arent too bad though.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #67 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 21:42:01 »
So it's no homing and bar homing instead of scoop homing and bar homing? That's actually pretty funny. Bars arent too bad though.

Yeah, I'm used to both, but prefer using scooped for a cleaner asthetic. I think this might be the first set that does not have scooped caps lol.

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #68 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 23:09:21 »
This is the first GMK set I've seen with normal (non homing) F and J, but it was a thing on some vintage terminal boards including those manufactured by Cherry. Scoop/dish are best, but bar >>> scoop and bar so I think we'll be ok.