Author Topic: [IC] GMK Modifier Kit  (Read 2675 times)

Offline lordzebu

[IC] GMK Modifier Kit
« on: Thu, 30 March 2017, 04:14:11 »
Background
Enjoying the classic beige set with the help Wodan's HADapter kit I somehow feel the need to add a bit of colour to this set, but in a way that i.e. solitary cmyk mods cannot provide.

Basic Idea
The idea behind this kit is to add a "touch" of colour to existing classic beige sets. The set should cover basic 60% and 65% layouts in ISO and ANSI. Check the original IC thread on Deskthority for the colour discussion. The voting process settled on TU1 base and DY accents. Legends are CR.

I'm currently waiting on a quote from GMK and we'll see how it will move forward from there.

The set as pictured in the mockup below:
MOQ 150: 70,07 €
MOQ 250: 63,05 €

If we ditch all three accent coloured spacebars the price points are:
MOQ 150: 61,97 €
MOQ 250: 55,65 €

« Last Edit: Fri, 31 March 2017, 06:34:30 by lordzebu »

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
Re: [IC] GMK Modifier Kit
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 30 March 2017, 06:00:07 »
R5 pretty please?
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline pikku-allu

• IG: @kinnalek
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 30 March 2017, 10:46:37 »
Looks good, but I have a few suggestions:
  • Why not have the stepped Caps Lock use the lock icon as well?
  • Using "Super" or "Code" could be a better alternative for the diamond legends
  • The 6.25u & 7u spacebars are already available from Originative, so why not have a split spacebar kit instead?

Offline brianjking

• always carry a towel.
    • @brianjking
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 30 March 2017, 11:24:52 »
Depending on the price & delivery timeline I could definitely be interested.
TGR 910 (Healios) | HHKB BT KBDFans Silence-X | Roadkit (Cherry MX Silent Blacks) |Leopold FC750r (Cherry MX Silent Reds |TADA68 (Zealios) | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S w/ Hasu BT | HHKB Pro 2 JP w/ Hasu BT & KBDFans Silence-X | RAMA M10-A w/ Zealios TINA-C w/ Cherry MX Silent Blacks HHKB BT Type-S

Offline brianjking

• always carry a towel.
    • @brianjking
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 30 March 2017, 11:28:27 »
Looks good, but I have a few suggestions:
  • Why not have the stepped Caps Lock use the lock icon as well?
  • Using "Super" or "Code" could be a better alternative for the diamond legends
  • The 6.25u & 7u spacebars are already available from Originative, so why not have a split spacebar kit instead?

Super or Code would definitely be cool and more in line with other GMK sets. Although, I do have an HHKB Pro 2 and HHKB JP so the diamonds look nice too!

I would say either remove the spacebars to reduce the price or do as suggested above and do split spacebars based on OriginativeCo already offering 6, 6.25 and 7u spacebars for a lot of color options for $10 or $15 at https://originativeco.com/products/gmk-spacebars. Personally, I'd rather have no spacebars and a reduced cost, however, I'm a bit biased as I don't have a split spacebar keyboard or any plans to get one.

TGR 910 (Healios) | HHKB BT KBDFans Silence-X | Roadkit (Cherry MX Silent Blacks) |Leopold FC750r (Cherry MX Silent Reds |TADA68 (Zealios) | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S w/ Hasu BT | HHKB Pro 2 JP w/ Hasu BT & KBDFans Silence-X | RAMA M10-A w/ Zealios TINA-C w/ Cherry MX Silent Blacks HHKB BT Type-S

Offline lordzebu

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 31 March 2017, 06:33:39 »
Why not have the stepped Caps Lock use the lock icon as well?
Good questions. This should be changed for consistency; I'm leaning towards the arrow version though.

I would say either remove the spacebars to reduce the price or do as suggested above and do split spacebars based on OriginativeCo already offering 6, 6.25 and 7u spacebars for a lot of color options for $10 or $15 at https://originativeco.com/products/gmk-spacebars. Personally, I'd rather have no spacebars and a reduced cost, however, I'm a bit biased as I don't have a split spacebar keyboard or any plans to get one.
The price difference is only around 9 € and that alone are the shipping costs if someone from Europe would order one of the OriginativeCo space-bar kits.
I'll drop GMK an email regarding the split space-bar option. IIRC we'd have to wait for the Yuri GB as they are making the molds for that one.