Author Topic: Filco Majestouch Cherry Brown vs Blue  (Read 4263 times)

Offline wanderer

Filco Majestouch Cherry Brown vs Blue
« on: Mon, 22 February 2010, 10:54:54 »
I haven't used a mechanical keyboard before, so I'm not sure about what switch type to get. It'll be for both playing games, and typing stuff for school.

I'm leaning toward the Brown, but I have a few questions about the Blue first. Even though I don't mind a little noise, I've heard that it's pretty loud. However, those people could just be banging on the keys when they type. Also, how does it stack up against Browns in terms of games?

As for NKRO, is it really worth it if we don't throw future proofing into the equation?
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 February 2010, 11:02:55 by wanderer »

Offline wanderer

« Reply #1 on: Tue, 23 February 2010, 06:22:49 »
Blue definitely sounds the best to me. I was just wondering how annoying this would be, since I live in a dorm.

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 23 February 2010, 07:34:09 »
If you can swing the extra cash and you do some gaming, go for the NKRO, but really, the "regular" version id just fine for typing.  Switch love is in the finger of the beholder.  I like browns, Ripster likes blues.  Here's a picture of us (I'm the guy in the suit):

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 23 February 2010, 09:25:04 »
Goddamn, I used to live in the dorms with a roommate that played MUDs until 3-4 in the morning.  That crap used to keep me up all night, and he used a cheap-ass rubber dome.  In two semesters, he switched majors 4 times (CS -> Chemistry -> English -> Philosophy) before going to the Air Force.  Weird guy.

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 23 February 2010, 09:39:36 »
Nah, he's too much of a dork.  I'm actually suprised he got in; he was a little hefty.  Nice guy, though.