Author Topic: [IC] DSA Bounty Hunter (NOW AVAILABLE)  (Read 20085 times)

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
Re: [IC] DSA Bounty Hunter (updated 7/15/17 with production samples)
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 15 July 2017, 20:00:28 »
Lower rise and I'll definitely in :thumb:

Offline holtenc

« Reply #51 on: Sat, 15 July 2017, 21:32:55 »

There's two 1u Fn keys...  ;)

Offline neon_tom

« Reply #52 on: Sat, 15 July 2017, 21:44:41 »

I agree that raise/lower keys would be a worthwhile addition for Planck users. I’d personally use this set on a staggered 40% but having the option to put it on a Planck and have all the proper legends would be a plus.

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 15 July 2017, 21:59:45 »

I agree that raise/lower keys would be a worthwhile addition for Planck users. I’d personally use this set on a staggered 40% but having the option to put it on a Planck and have all the proper legends would be a plus.

IKR?

Well I use fn on other places tho. I'm sure I'm not the only one so we still need lower raise anyway. Huge plus if come in accent color.

I prefer to cut the color choices on arrows if key quantity is an issue.

In before I ask for the spacebar to come with alpha's color too but seems like maroon is the chosen color for spacebars to fit the theme, thus so be it.

The other thing I wanna ask is the numpad. Why is it chosen without - + x / = 2u 0 2u + 2u enter? I mean, what board is intended to use that numbers used?

All in all. Really appreciate the legend sampling. It helps everyone a lot!

Offline holtenc

« Reply #54 on: Sat, 15 July 2017, 22:45:06 »

IKR?

Well I use fn on other places tho. I'm sure I'm not the only one so we still need lower raise anyway. Huge plus if come in accent color.

I prefer to cut the color choices on arrows if key quantity is an issue.

In before I ask for the spacebar to come with alpha's color too but seems like maroon is the chosen color for spacebars to fit the theme, thus so be it.

The other thing I wanna ask is the numpad. Why is it chosen without - + x / = 2u 0 2u + 2u enter? I mean, what board is intended to use that numbers used?

All in all. Really appreciate the legend sampling. It helps everyone a lot!

thanks for your thoughts.

to answer your question about the numpad: https://www.primekb.com/products/prime_l

I realize not that many people would use the numpad other than on my prime boards and the roadkit. But first and foremost this was created for the prime boards along with the DSA honeywell im doing. a fair number of people were asking for expanded compatibility for planck and minivan so I made it. Such as 1u shifts and 1u spacebars and yellow 1u enter. I wish I could add everything everyone wants but it's just too expensive. at the very least those that like minimal legends can use the numpad keys on the top row.

a good use of alternate color arrows for your raise/lower :D : http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/gists/9c7ebf42960741c440b5f7077b80ef1b

if I were to cut anything it would be the 6.25u space bar. I'm not sure how many mechmini and JD45 users use a full spacebar over split.

I've already submitted to SP for a quote. Melissa gets grumpy when you make changes after quote lol. I learned that with honeywell.
« Last Edit: Sat, 15 July 2017, 22:47:09 by holtenc »

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 15 July 2017, 22:59:58 »
Ah I see, your prime concern is for your own keyboard. I can understand that. Been thinking for using accent arrows too.

Another question, why not open usual GB? Maybe a quick 1 week one. The more the merrier right?

Offline holtenc

« Reply #56 on: Sat, 15 July 2017, 23:56:06 »
I'm fairly adverse to holding on to peoples money for 12-14 weeks. just don't like the idea of it in case something goes wonky.

We'll see what Signature plastics comes back with for quotes. If it's too high for an order of 50 sets I may consider a GB to hopefully get more and hit a higher MOQ. But then again I also don't plan on marking these up and gouging peoples wallets. This is all for fun.

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #57 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 01:13:15 »
Your worries is understood. A support for JDs is very appreciated, I think, keep the long bar there. How much is it for the DSA HoneyWell? Is it done the production yet?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #58 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 01:14:33 »
Why do you have arrow keys and home block but no coverage for 60% or TKL (Missing 2.25u Enter, 2.25u Shift, 2u Backspace, 1.5u  "\ |" key)?

Just interested in seeing some more standard keys because I prefer those layouts. I really really like the colorway/theme, and I have come to realize over the past two years that DSA is by far my favorite profile.

Offline holtenc

« Reply #59 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 01:36:40 »
Your worries is understood. A support for JDs is very appreciated, I think, keep the long bar there. How much is it for the DSA HoneyWell? Is it done the production yet?

I've placed the order for 100 sets. I don't have final pricing because I don't know how much shipping will be yet. But I THINK to expect around $100. ± $10. Currently they are at 12-13 weeks lead time for DSA which puts it at around mid September. But we all know how SP can get behind so no telling really.

Why do you have arrow keys and home block but no coverage for 60% or TKL (Missing 2.25u Enter, 2.25u Shift, 2u Backspace, 1.5u  "\ |" key)?

Just interested in seeing some more standard keys because I prefer those layouts. I really really like the colorway/theme, and I have come to realize over the past two years that DSA is by far my favorite profile.

I thought it would be fun to offer some limited run sets created specifically for smaller form factor boards. Users of 40-50% tend to get the shaft due to many sets not supporting them or having to buy several add-on kits making them very expensive.
« Last Edit: Sun, 16 July 2017, 01:44:31 by holtenc »

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 02:46:07 »
I agree with SP problem lately.

Yea wondering the arrows too. Your Prime keb don't have arrow cluster (by looking on the buy page) just like most of 40%.

Offline tialdo

« Reply #61 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 05:42:07 »
How about add HJKL with arrow kit?

Offline neon_tom

« Reply #62 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 07:36:40 »
Now that I look at your Prime kb, I completely understand your choices. It’s awesome that you added enough other keys to cover other 40% layouts and the alt coloured arrows would definitely work for a Planck. I’m still definitely in for a set.

Have you given any thought to running a set (in any colorway) in a different profile? GMK or DCS would be awesome with that kind of compatibility.

Offline holtenc

« Reply #63 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 08:43:39 »
I agree with SP problem lately.

Yea wondering the arrows too. Your Prime keb don't have arrow cluster (by looking on the buy page) just like most of 40%.

I like having arrow keys on IJKL. Some like them on WASD. The minivan has an arrow layout. Lots of people use arrows on the planck and other orthos as well. Below is my idea for dedicated arrows on my Prime boards

More

Now that I look at your Prime kb, I completely understand your choices. It’s awesome that you added enough other keys to cover other 40% layouts and the alt coloured arrows would definitely work for a Planck. I’m still definitely in for a set.

Have you given any thought to running a set (in any colorway) in a different profile? GMK or DCS would be awesome with that kind of compatibility.

If I ever do another set it will be done with GMK. Almost went with GMK on this one but currently didn't feel up to the challenge of designing it around the different rows. Next time though!

How about add HJKL with arrow kit?

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking.

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #64 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 08:46:04 »
Damn left arrow is super nice. He means instead of 2 sets of arrows in two different color, why not a set of arrow and a set of colored HJKL.

Offline tialdo

« Reply #65 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 09:06:17 »

I mean this, look really cool on this set!

Offline holtenc

« Reply #66 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 09:25:10 »
Show Image

I mean this, look really cool on this set!

Gotcha. Yeah that's not a bad idea at all. This set is pretty much finalize but if I ever do another one I think this would be a cool thing to have.

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #67 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 02:58:37 »
I guess I'm waking up this thread, but I appreciate the way you decided to focus the set on your board and 40% in general. I just got your Honeywell set last week and it's really cool. I don't know which of my 40's to put them on.  ;D I was wondering if you were considering running this one again. I'm sure it would get sold out quickly. Or was the first one tough to sell? Anyway, awesome work!!

Offline holtenc

« Reply #68 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 14:05:57 »
I guess I'm waking up this thread, but I appreciate the way you decided to focus the set on your board and 40% in general. I just got your Honeywell set last week and it's really cool. I don't know which of my 40's to put them on.  ;D I was wondering if you were considering running this one again. I'm sure it would get sold out quickly. Or was the first one tough to sell? Anyway, awesome work!!

Sorry I didn't notice your post here. I don't have notifications turned on here at GH. I'm really glad you like your Honeywell kit. It doesn't matter which board you put it on because it'll look amazing on all of them  ;)

As for bounty hunter, this is actually it's first run and as of yesterday is now available for purchase on my site. www.primekb.com.

Offline MikeTheTiger

Re: [IC] DSA Bounty Hunter (NOW AVAILABLE)
« Reply #69 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 18:18:44 »

Sorry I didn't notice your post here. I don't have notifications turned on here at GH. I'm really glad you like your Honeywell kit. It doesn't matter which board you put it on because it'll look amazing on all of them  ;)

As for bounty hunter, this is actually it's first run and as of yesterday is now available for purchase on my site. www.primekb.com.

I bought it already. It’s on its way!!

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
Re: [IC] DSA Bounty Hunter (NOW AVAILABLE)
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 22 November 2017, 11:31:18 »
Please move discussion to a proper GB thread to eliminate any confusion.