Author Topic: Not-So-Great Finds  (Read 84063 times)

Offline jacethesaltsculptor

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
Re: Not-So-Great Finds
« Reply #400 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 21:46:36 »
You've already got every reason to be rid of it. What do they need to message you on Facebook, of all things, for? lol

Because my old family is old, and they don't want to change, and it was pulling teeth to get them even on this, nevermind email, or anything else.  :'(

Also it's minimal maintenance and time to just leave it and login once a month and check it.

Unicomp M122 - Unicomp Classic Trackball - IBM Model M13 - IBM Model F122 - IBM Model F Bigfoot - IBM Model F AT - Ducky Shine 3 Yellow

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
"I never understood wind. I know windmills very much, I have studied it better than anybody. I know it is very expensive. They are made in China and Germany mostly, very few made here, almost none, but they are manufactured, tremendous if you are into this tremendous fumes and gases are spewing into the atmosphere. You know we have a world, right? So the world is tiny compared to the universe. So tremendous, tremendous amount of fumes and everything. You talk about the carbon footprint, fumes are spewing into the air, right spewing, whether it is China or Germany, is going into the air. A windmill will kill many bald eagles. After a certain number, they make you turn the windmill off, that is true. By the way, they make you turn it off. And yet, if you killed one, they put you in jail. That is OK. But why is it OK for windmills to destroy the bird population?" - Donald Trump - Turning Point USA speech - 2019-12-22

Offline jacethesaltsculptor

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 January 2020, 13:49:45 by jacethesaltsculptor »

Unicomp M122 - Unicomp Classic Trackball - IBM Model M13 - IBM Model F122 - IBM Model F Bigfoot - IBM Model F AT - Ducky Shine 3 Yellow

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #403 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 14:02:12 »
I have encountered a lot of people who hear the title and think that they know what is inside.

It is an easy read that is well worth it. I strongly recommend it.
"I never understood wind. I know windmills very much, I have studied it better than anybody. I know it is very expensive. They are made in China and Germany mostly, very few made here, almost none, but they are manufactured, tremendous if you are into this tremendous fumes and gases are spewing into the atmosphere. You know we have a world, right? So the world is tiny compared to the universe. So tremendous, tremendous amount of fumes and everything. You talk about the carbon footprint, fumes are spewing into the air, right spewing, whether it is China or Germany, is going into the air. A windmill will kill many bald eagles. After a certain number, they make you turn the windmill off, that is true. By the way, they make you turn it off. And yet, if you killed one, they put you in jail. That is OK. But why is it OK for windmills to destroy the bird population?" - Donald Trump - Turning Point USA speech - 2019-12-22

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #404 on: Tue, 04 February 2020, 15:13:41 »
Anybody up for paying new Model F prices for a run-of-the-mill Model M with some ratty old foam?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Rare-IBM-Model-M-1391580-Clicky-Buckling-Keyboard-1987-Original-Package-SFC/273997794361?hash=item3fcb8a8c39:g:NyAAAOSw7Yhdcx0B:sc:USPSPriority!53090!US!-1

There were quite a few Model Ms up there priced with the random F XTs that nobody wants already. There's even one thrown up in front of an old IBM 5150, probably to try to make people think it is older than it is.