Author Topic: [SOLD] IBM Industrial Square Label 1390655 on eBay, $99 + shipping.  (Read 4374 times)

Offline ekeppel

http://www.ebay.com/itm/222620006998

Missing the coveted black label, but it's a pretty rare one, along the same lines as the 1388032.

176497-0
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 August 2017, 10:43:06 by ekeppel »

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
Re: IBM Industrial Square Label 1390655 on eBay, $99 + shipping.
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 11:13:40 »
Ah yeah, this is the OTHER black label M. Shame it's missing, but I guess you can stick a silver label on it. I wonder what that'd look like!
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 11:52:47 »
I was just looking to buy a model M, but I just don't know about spending $100 on it without knowing exactly what condition it's in

Offline JP

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 12:47:29 »
I think this part number originally came with a silver label, but not 100% positive. Also I have a keyboard with this part number which has an Allen Bradley silver badge. I was on the fence, it was good price but I really didn't need another Model M, unless it happens to be a 1985 black badge!

176499-0

About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline clickityClackity

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 13:01:13 »
Forgot to update the last thread, but I bought the Industrial M posted a couple weeks ago which was missing the label. Well, the bad boy came in and I found something interesting... First two pics are with flash, last is without.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 27 August 2017, 03:04:25 »
I think this part number originally came with a silver label, but not 100% positive. Also I have a keyboard with this part number which has an Allen Bradley silver badge...

Since yours is the only other example I've seen, this p/n may have been for an OEM variant where IBM made custom badges, the customer added their own, or the logo area was left blank (like the 1397735, shown here).

Forgot to update the last thread, but I bought the Industrial M posted a couple weeks ago which was missing the label. Well, the bad boy came in and I found something interesting...

Huh? So they sent you a different Industrial—a later one, with oval logo on left? It can't be the same p/n, can it? How about including a photo of the label? (No label photo... And you call yourself a keeb-head?? LOL)
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline ekeppel

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 27 August 2017, 04:54:47 »
Huh? So they sent you a different Industrial—a later one, with oval logo on left? It can't be the same p/n, can it? How about including a photo of the label? (No label photo... And you call yourself a keeb-head?? LOL)

I believe he was referring to the one found here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=91013.0 rather than the one in this thread. :-)

Offline clickityClackity

Re: [SOLD] IBM Industrial Square Label 1390655 on eBay, $99 + shipping.
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 27 August 2017, 09:11:55 »

I believe he was referring to the one found here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=91013.0 rather than the one in this thread. :-)

Yes, you are correct. But let me take this time to say I am not a fan of Tapatalk for mobile. Is that an excuse/cop-out? Yes, definitely what I'm going for. But I stand by my sentiment. 

(my bad)

Offline clickityClackity

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 27 August 2017, 09:14:27 »

Yes, you are correct. But let me take this time to say I am not a fan of Tapatalk for mobile. Is that an excuse/cop-out? Yes, definitely what I'm going for. But I stand by my sentiment. 

(my bad)

Wait this IS Geekhack. I'm just confusing myself and probably others. Please ignore me, going back to bed.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 29 August 2017, 00:36:13 »
Wait this IS Geekhack. I'm just confusing myself and probably others. Please ignore me, going back to bed.

Why would anyone be masochistic enough to want to forum on a phone, anyway, with a tiny display and a tiny touchscreen keyboard? Peeps who are so addicted to foruming they must forum whilst standing in line at the supermarket and so on? Baffling.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg