Author Topic: Fresh built keyboard registering keys weird  (Read 1528 times)

Offline Ouhei

Fresh built keyboard registering keys weird
« on: Fri, 08 September 2017, 06:20:32 »
So I finally got my replacement GSX96 PCB in yesterday and I soldered in my switches. I tested the board before solder to make sure it got power and the like, then after soldering the first few switches to make sure they registered. That all went fine so I soldered up the whole thing.

Now when I plug the keyboard in, it makes the normal noise and everything, but the computer now acts like shift is being constantly held down (keys are in all caps, number row registers the symbols instead of numbers, mouse clicks are all shift + click behaviors, etc). The problem seems to persist after unplugging the keyboard (I also have a wireless logitech hooked into the computer), but locking the computer then unlocking seems to revert everything back to normal (as long as the keyboard is unplugged). If I have the on screen keyboard up when I plug it in, it does show both shifts as "on" but tapping either of them toggles them off.

I can load bootmapperclient with the KB plugged in and download the data but setting "toggle bootmapper" doesn't let me edit anything (even though the caps light on the kb is flashing.

Anyone had anything like this happen before? I'm at a loss and I'm kinda pissed now that I've soldered in all my damn Zealios.

Edit: Image of my PCB, I know some of the solders are ugly, but they do seem to work as the keys register when it's plugged in.

« Last Edit: Fri, 08 September 2017, 07:49:39 by Ouhei »

Offline Ouhei

Re: Fresh built keyboard registering keys weird
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 08 September 2017, 09:51:09 »
Figured it out, had a sloppy solder on my RShift that was hitting another contact. Fixed now.