Author Topic: Blue Label IBM Model M's "For Parts" possible working -- $38.99 Shipped  (Read 2099 times)

Offline RealDealSexAppeal

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Lexmark-IBM-Keyboard-Model-M-SKU-841-/332389260231?hash=item4d63f19bc7:g:vfsAAOSwdc5ZdknR

The thing that led me to believe that this listing is for working keyboards is that the seller states
"Tested with our computer, keyboard lights up but does not configure properly with this computer to be fully tested."
and there are two of them. Which makes it pretty likely that its the computer and not the boards' fault

This sounds to me like what happens when you plug a Model M into a plug which doesn't provide enough power (kind of like when you use a passive ps/2 to USB adaptor)

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
Re: Blue Label IBM Model M's "For Parts" possible working -- $38.99 Shipped
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 18:47:03 »
I agree—and I believe you're referring to these, which I posted about here a few days ago. I'm still surprised no one's grabbed them. They're very late-model Lexmarks, which should still be a notch or two above Unicomps, quality-wise.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline RealDealSexAppeal

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 19:33:33 »
I agree—and I believe you're referring to these, which I posted about here a few days ago. I'm still surprised no one's grabbed them. They're very late-model Lexmarks, which should still be a notch or two above Unicomps, quality-wise.

oops sorry about that.

Read your post and I too am trying to resist not buying one since I only own a silver and a gray model m.
I recently got into the hobbie too and ive spend around 400 just this month...  :-X think i might just bite the bullet if theyre still there by the time i head home

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 27 September 2017, 15:44:04 »
I recently got into the hobbie too and ive spend around 400 just this month...  :-X think i might just bite the bullet if theyre still there by the time i head home...

Sorry to be such an editor (it's a curse), but "biting the bullet" usually means doing something hard, not easy. In this case, it'd be not buying, like I'm not doing.

For what it's worth, I'm pointing this out not to be a know-it-all, but because it was another chance to type something on fabulous mechanical switches, something we can all understand.  :?)
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 September 2017, 03:12:08 by ander »
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg