Author Topic: [GB] Pearl 40% - LIVE until December 1st at www.pearlboards.com  (Read 8321 times)

reececonrad and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Koobaczech

• Don't forget to smile :)
    • Pearlboards
[GB] Pearl 40% - LIVE until December 1st at www.pearlboards.com
« on: Wed, 25 October 2017, 00:57:41 »
83 orders
Current Orders Form

About the Pearl
Hello sir/mam, Koobaczech here. Hope you join my group buy, stay active on my thread and support my work! If all goes well, ill have a beautiful Pearl for you in a few months! Thank you so much!
Interest check thread here - https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=91363.0

Where to buy!?
In my website. Will remain open for a month (DEC 1st closes)

www.pearlboards.com
www.pearlboards.com
www.pearlboards.com

For PAYPAL only orders, please use the mechkeys.ca proxy
mechkeys.ca
mechkeys.ca
mechkeys.ca

Timeline and Price - Subject to change before Nov 1st
Free shipping within CONUS. Respective international shipping prices added at checkout.
A single purchase (Case, Weight, PCB, Diffuser, Plate, 10ft cable, Screws, Plastic feet) costs $280 USD

Each extra PCB costs $35 USD
Each extra Diffuser costs $15 USD
Each extra Plate in either bronze or aluminum costs $35 USD
Expected to be shipped TO YOU during March

Important clarifications
You can choose the color and material of your plate individually from your case color
The plate will be a single universal plate
PCB comes presoldered and with gold contacts
u/jetpacktuxedo is working on porting QMK to the PCB as we speak
Entry to buy a Pearl is free for anyone and not done via a raffle or limited at all
THE WEBSITE HAS MORE INFORMATION FOR YOU

Main features
  • 40% form factor for portability and aesthetics
  • ALU 6061/General Brass/Polycarbonate
  • 6 degree incline
  • Top mounted plate with cherry stab support in polished brass or anodized alu and switch top removal support
  • Sandblasted brass weight with custom engraving on both sides
  • Bootmapper client and QMK (u/jetpacktuxedo working on porting to QMK)
  • Corner indicator lights (Num, Caps, Scroll)
  • RGB under-glow/NON-RGB top led support
  • Cherry/Alps switch compatibility
  • USB-C to USB-A - Not USB-C to USB-C
  • Split-space, Split-Rshift, Split-backspace
  • Close to normal stagger layout (no need for 40% modifier keyset kits)
Secondary features
  • Many anodization color options - Black, gray, silver, cyan, blue, red, pink, purple, yellow, dark green, rose gold, orange
  • Slightly sunken in design so keys hide more
  • Tight fit design, inner bezels hug keycaps
  • Case bottom can be built 4 ways (with rgb diffuser, without it, with rgb diffuser as bot base or with diffuser and feet)
  • Diamond engraving in rear corner
Definite NO's in this project
  • Ortholinear
  • MATIAS/COSTAR Stabilizer support, im sorry, wont fit on plate for 2.75 RSHIFT
  • Stepped caps key (hits side traces)
  • Any sort of different layout
  • Included keycaps
  • Included switches

Full picture albums
https://imgur.com/a/rsh4z
https://imgur.com/a/mNt1k
https://imgur.com/a/rsh4z
https://imgur.com/a/Wviec

More about me

Special thanks to
  • Dave from mechkeys.ca for support, advice, mentoring and help planning
  • William_S_Jones for forcing me to do split spacebar layout
  • Homerow Co. for helping me get started with CAD
  • R0b0ticalfor helping me try on a ton of 1337 GMK keysets
  • pabloescobyte, Komatoz, Chachal, Jolimon, Mito, Phatskin(dailyclack) for support and any kit addons
  • TopClack for features
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 November 2017, 08:52:17 by Koobaczech »

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
FAQ

What's with the diamond vs. the name Pearl?
The Diamond is my logo, and Pearl is the series/name of this board. A future 60% could also be named Pearl, but it would be referred to as the Pearl 60% for example. Logo vs. board name.

Do prices differ if you choose an ALU or BRASS plate?
No, prices are the same :)

Does this come assembled or what?
You get all the parts to assemble it yourself, switches and keycaps not included.

What is the weight of the Pearl, and can it be built without the brass weight?
A fully built Pearl with caps is 2.6lbs (POUNDS). The weight alone is about 1lbs. Building without the weight does not affect functionality at all and brings the total weight down to 1.6lbs.

Does a brass plate affect feel/sound?
Very much so. Its sturdier, less flex, heavier, and "clicks" sound more like "cloacks". Its a deeper richer sound and a firmer feel. But the ALU looks brilliant when it shines through the caps.

Do you have any proxies set up?
None, unfortunately. You need to understand this isn't a GMK set that comes prepackaged in a tray and just gets sent out via the individual proxies. I need to inspect every board, package it, throw in my business cards and extras and be responsible for each board. Especially on my first ever GB.

Why are the indicator lights in a corner vs. the top, and what's with the positioning?
I'm a big SA fan. Putting the indicator lights on the top left or right corners would have blocked them due to SA caps being so tall. I then decided to move them down to a blocker, and positioned them in the lower 2/3'ds of the right blocker.

What stabs work, and do holtites work?
Any cherry PCB mounted stabs work, including Zeal's screw in stabs. And holtites should work.

What options do you recommend for the Pearl?
My endgame build would be a CYAN Pearl + brass plate with SA Pulse mods, SA Calm Depths alphas, 2u Backspace, split R-Shift and 6.25u Spacebar. Then id throw blue leds all over the board, and red leds for the indicator lights.

Other endgame builds would be a GREEN Pearl with a purple ALU plate, and SA Troubled Minds, a PURPLE Pearl with brass plate and SA Jukebox, and a PURPLE Pearl with a brass plate and GMK Skeletor. All with 6.25u spacebars and split r-shifts.
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 October 2017, 10:28:02 by Koobaczech »

Offline Puddsy

• Foreman of the salt mine
  • * Exalted Elder
  • i paid a lewd art man money to draw this avatar
glwgb
QFR (62g blacks) | MJ2 TKL | Realforce 87U | G81-3000 "Schumiboard" | Varmilo Bulgogiboard (Keycon 104) | KBD75 (MX silent blacks) | MIRA (soon!)

ahh, thanks puddsy. can always count on your snarky informitism

Add me on Steam | Add me on Battle.net: Puddsy#1914 | /u/Puddsy

Offline lordgiblite

I'm excited...(insert heavy breathing)

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
glwgb
Puddsy, thank you so much. Do also please forgive me for not getting back to that pm. Been running around like a headless horse!

I'm excited...(insert heavy breathing)
Woot me too my friend. Way more scared than excited but nonetheless happy to think about getting a pretty board in peoples hands.

Online cswanic

Excited for you and definitely wanting in on this.  :thumb:

Offline Puddsy

• * Exalted Elder
glwgb
Puddsy, thank you so much. Do also please forgive me for not getting back to that pm. Been running around like a headless horse!

no worries

i know how it gets with GBs
QFR (62g blacks) | MJ2 TKL | Realforce 87U | G81-3000 "Schumiboard" | Varmilo Bulgogiboard (Keycon 104) | KBD75 (MX silent blacks) | MIRA (soon!)

Offline ojrask

• juuh elikkšs
Going to be a difficult decision picking a color. Cyan and yellow look awesome but black, gray, or silver would be more compatible with stuff.
Current: Ducky DK9008P [MX Blues] | WASD V2 TKL [MX Blues] | r63 (Satan 60% DIY) [Gateron Browns] | BananaSplit 60% [Gateron Greens] | UK78 [67g Zealios] | Infinity ErgoDox [MX Clears] | G81-3000
IC/GB: GMK Strogg

Offline tameone

Silver most compatible IMO.  Any set with light alphas works wonderfully.  Black second most, as any set with dark mods or dark alphas looks nice.  Gray I have mixed feelings about.  I know it's probably the most popular case color, but I think it really particular sets to work with.. I think my gripe is that gray mods (like half the sets around?) that  don't contrast enough or aren't well color matched irks me :D

Am I brave enough to do a yellow case with Nautilus? (only one single key will be off profile with nautilus due to it's good 40% support.. either caps or enter).  Or maybe blue. 

Offline vladko95

Love the case, im debating whether I should get the orange case for GMK yuri. Do you think it will match with the blue and fiery orange? or is a lighter orange?

Offline tameone

Love the case, im debating whether I should get the orange case for GMK yuri. Do you think it will match with the blue and fiery orange? or is a lighter orange?

I suspect it will be a lighter orange than Yuri.

Online foxlive

• The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Canít wait to join this groupbuy! I am deeply confused about which color to pick since I will soon receive two keyaet: Budapest SA and Dasher SA..
it would be rose gold for Budapest SA, cyan or orange for Dasher SA!! Life dilemma  :p

Offline Kalopsia

Canít wait to join this groupbuy! I am deeply confused about which color to pick since I will soon receive two keyaet: Budapest SA and Dasher SA..
it would be rose gold for Budapest SA, cyan or orange for Dasher SA!! Life dilemma  :p

Im in the same boat, althugh I already got Budapest and Dasher so im most likely getting the rose gold and blue  for those :D Im thinking calm depths with cyan!
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 October 2017, 10:39:44 by Kalopsia »

Offline Perfex

Hmm... trying to decide what color would suit Jukebox aka Futurama best.

I don’t think I’ve seen a group buy with so many anodizing choices.
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 October 2017, 17:42:42 by Perfex »

Offline captainish

I've had my eye on this for a while. Hope I can find a spot  :thumb:

Offline mattgrimes

If I wanted to do a  1.25U right shft and a 1U Fn to the right of it (Rather than having the 1U on the left and the 1.25U to the right) would it work, or would it be offset?

Offline tameone

If I wanted to do a  1.25U right shft and a 1U Fn to the right of it (Rather than having the 1U on the left and the 1.25U to the right) would it work, or would it be offset?

The plate would support it, but the PCB does not.  You wouldn't be able to fit a 1.25U cap on the left.

Offline SuperBo

Some question. Following FAQ, I need PCB-mounted stab to build this keyboard, what about switch. I guess switch is plate mounted.
Therefore PCB-mounted stab and plate-mounted switch, is this right?

Does these stab work? https://zealpc.net/collections/halloween-trick-or-treat-sale/products/zealstabilizers

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
Great seeing you guys mentally prep for a good color scheme! There are so many options i honestly had a hard time choosing for my 4 prototypes. Was so conflicted!!

Thanks tameone for answering his question! On a split right shift only 1u-1.25u works.

Some question. Following FAQ, I need PCB-mounted stab to build this keyboard, what about switch. I guess switch is plate mounted.
Therefore PCB-mounted stab and plate-mounted switch, is this right?

Does these stab work? https://zealpc.net/collections/halloween-trick-or-treat-sale/products/zealstabilizers
Yes those will work and yes you are right! On a side note, PCB mounted switches will work just as fine if not better, since they also mount to the plate and PCB. PCB mounted switches are the same as plate mounted but they have little legs that poke into the PCB. So you are getting double the tightness per switch if you go with those.

Also getting some small physical color samples today after work. Will post those up when i get them!
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 October 2017, 09:34:25 by Koobaczech »

Offline lordgiblite

Also getting some small physical color samples today after work. Will post those up when i get them!

OH YEAAH! Let's see them colors koob! Thankfully I at least know what set I'm using with the pearl so it only comes down to how the cases look themselves! (I only wish I could get more than one)

Offline eyedrop

Honest question, what would you do for a return key?  Just thinking if you have to go to a layer for a return key, it would be annoying since that is used quite often.

Offline Puddsy

• * Exalted Elder
Honest question, what would you do for a return key?  Just thinking if you have to go to a layer for a return key, it would be annoying since that is used quite often.

just because it doesn't say return on it, doesn't make it not a return key

that |\ would make a nice one

Offline Calza

What is the weight of this fully manufactured?

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
2.6lbs fully built with keycaps. Brass weight is 1lb alone.

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
You are awesome for offering so many colors (especially green), but god damn it'll be hard to choose.

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
Haha thanks! Im actually losing money by doing so. So many extra colors up the charge. Anodizing follows the same principles of economies of scale as all the other parts. Its like if you buy a gallon of milk but only pour a glass. Im paying for the whole gallon just to be able to offer you all something nice and extra. Fingers are crossed that it all goes well, and if all said and done i can ship you all some pretty boards, that will put a smile on my face

Offline mattgrimes

The plate would support it, but the PCB does not.  You wouldn't be able to fit a 1.25U cap on the left.

Show Image

Thanks! If I wanted to throw a JD40 PCB in there, would the case/plate support it?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker

Show Image

Thanks! If I wanted to throw a JD40 PCB in there, would the case/plate support it?

This uses USB-C so I doubt it.

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards

Show Image

Hey buddy, the JD40 PCB has one less column than Pearl. Its a 4x12 matrix vs. my 4x13 matrix. Not only that, the bottom row is centered on Pearl (about 1mm to the right more).  And Row 2 is staggered differently than any 40% in existence as well (few mm's to the right). So in no way would any other 40% pcb fit. I could design a plate for the JD45 pcb, but I have to see that the usb clears and also i you might have some tiny gaps on the sides of the bottom rows..Ill check tonight how it looks!

I wrote a super interesting article on Pearls layout if you would like to read up on it here - https://www.pearlboards.com/blogs/news/pearls-unique-key-layout
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 October 2017, 17:09:24 by Koobaczech »

Offline SuperBo

Show Image

Hey buddy, the JD40 PCB has one less column than Pearl. Its a 4x12 matrix vs. my 4x13 matrix. Not only that, the bottom row is centered on Pearl (about 1mm to the right more).  And Row 2 is staggered differently than any 40% in existence as well (few mm's to the right). So in no way would any other 40% pcb fit. I could design a plate for the JD45 pcb, but I have to see that the usb clears and also i you might have some tiny gaps on the sides of the bottom rows..Ill check tonight how it looks!

I wrote a super interesting article on Pearls layout if you would like to read up on it here - https://www.pearlboards.com/blogs/news/pearls-unique-key-layout
Great article. Decided to go with spilt spacebar. Still considering about right shift and backspace. Cause the split spacebar give me backspace at the bottom position. Do I need additional keys at right position by splitting right shift and backspace.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Offline lordgiblite

Haha thanks! Im actually losing money by doing so. So many extra colors up the charge. Anodizing follows the same principles of economies of scale as all the other parts. Its like if you buy a gallon of milk but only pour a glass. Im paying for the whole gallon just to be able to offer you all something nice and extra. Fingers are crossed that it all goes well, and if all said and done i can ship you all some pretty boards, that will put a smile on my face

Koob, you seriously rock! This makes me want to purchase just that much more!!!
I'm glad it looks like everything's coming together well, also that website is pretty nice, and I wasn't expecting stickers! (You must have talked to my wife and found out I love stickers ;) because now I have to buy some)

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
Great article. Decided to go with spilt spacebar. Still considering about right shift and backspace. Cause the split spacebar give me backspace at the bottom position. Do I need additional keys at right position by splitting right shift and backspace.
Thank you, and not sure what you are asking my friend!

Koob, you seriously rock! This makes me want to purchase just that much more!!!
I'm glad it looks like everything's coming together well, also that website is pretty nice, and I wasn't expecting stickers! (You must have talked to my wife and found out I love stickers ;) because now I have to buy some)
Awesome man!!! I'm so happy haha :] I'll get some your way for sure!

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
Alright fellas, big update. Sample time. These are physical color samples. Now please listen, these colors change drastically based on time of day, lighting camera pics, monitors and what not. Take them with a pinch of salt. And the actual Pearls could come out totally different unfortunately.
Pictured here are green, pink, blue, silver, orange and yellow (kinda gold)

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
Re: [GB] Pearl 40% - LIVE until December 1st at www.pearlboards.com
« Reply #33 on: Tue, 31 October 2017, 23:06:35 »
Gb is live fellas. Best luck to all and any questions feel free to ask! Thanks to everyone who helped and supported this project!

Offline OfTheWild

• Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #34 on: Tue, 31 October 2017, 23:35:58 »
In for a red and brass! Such a beautiful board, very nice job!
-Dana

Doorbell

Offline lordgiblite

« Reply #35 on: Tue, 31 October 2017, 23:43:20 »
My wallet has died today, and it will be resurrected in the keyboard master race form that it knows it will be! Got myself that beautiful purple Pearl!

Now what kind of switches should I get.....RIP wallet 2.0 :thumb:

Online Captain Shwah

« Reply #36 on: Tue, 31 October 2017, 23:45:57 »
Doing my part to help with that moq :rolleyes:
Went with yellow and a brass plate.

Cheers Kooba! This is gonna be so great.

Offline SuperBo

« Reply #37 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 00:20:22 »
Gb is live fellas. Best luck to all and any questions feel free to ask! Thanks to everyone who helped and supported this project!
Waiting for new month salary to make an order LOL :v

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
« Reply #38 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 04:03:07 »
I love the design but without having read into it, $280 for this small a board seems really expensive to me.
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 November 2017, 04:10:00 by GreyAmbience »

Offline tameone

« Reply #39 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 06:52:07 »
Holding out to see if MOQ will allow for a bare alu case (sans anodization)

Offline donut_sauce

Re: [GB] Pearl 40% - Opens November 1st until December 1st at www.pearlboards.com
« Reply #40 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 08:25:58 »
Going to be a difficult decision picking a color. Cyan and yellow look awesome but black, gray, or silver would be more compatible with stuff.
exactly how i feel. cyan and yellow seem more fun but i think what's really cool about this design is how flexible it is with keysets so while I want a fun color I also want to take advantage of it's compatibility which means choosing something neutral

Offline donut_sauce

Re: [GB] Pearl 40% - Opens November 1st until December 1st at www.pearlboards.com
« Reply #41 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 08:30:05 »
Silver most compatible IMO.  Any set with light alphas works wonderfully.  Black second most, as any set with dark mods or dark alphas looks nice.  Gray I have mixed feelings about.  I know it's probably the most popular case color, but I think it really particular sets to work with.. I think my gripe is that gray mods (like half the sets around?) that  don't contrast enough or aren't well color matched irks me :D

Am I brave enough to do a yellow case with Nautilus? (only one single key will be off profile with nautilus due to it's good 40% support.. either caps or enter).  Or maybe blue.
yup. this is probably what I'm gonna do. Was also thinking grey but like you mention it's really only compatible with certain sets.

Offline lordgiblite

« Reply #42 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 09:55:49 »
How does the PCB fair as far as holtite compatibility? It looks like 1 of the 2 switch holes would be fine but some solder tacking would be needed for the larger hole. I would love to have my spare pcb a switch testing one :)

(I'm also a holtite noob so go easy on me if I'm completely wrong)

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #43 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 10:18:19 »

yup. this is probably what I'm gonna do. Was also thinking grey but like you mention it's really only compatible with certain sets.

and purchased. might pair it with a Rama M6???

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #44 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 10:22:08 »
In for a red and brass! Such a beautiful board, very nice job!
Great choice! Red looks very bold and solid, thanks for joining!

Doing my part to help with that moq :rolleyes:
Went with yellow and a brass plate.

Cheers Kooba! This is gonna be so great.
Damn my dude, your contribution might have saved the GB from imminent doom! Thanks a mil :)!

Waiting for new month salary to make an order LOL :v
Ha, that's pretty much me every month

I love the design but without having read into it, $280 for this small a board seems really expensive to me.
Appreciate it, cost is high due to all the extras and custom work. Considering a blocked JD45 is $250, but you cant buy them anymore and has half the parts, id say price isn't so bad!

Holding out to see if MOQ will allow for a bare alu case (sans anodization)
Haven't forgotten about you bud, I will definitely keep you in the loop on this.

So many options guys. Don't pick the wrong color ;] Ahh silver? Heck yea! Great color

How does the PCB fair as far as holtite compatibility? It looks like 1 of the 2 switch holes would be fine but some solder tacking would be needed for the larger hole. I would love to have my spare pcb a switch testing one :)
Lord, got your note and order, and it warmed my heart! You've got this dude, and ill pm you soon with some info for you!! Thanks for everything man!

Offline tameone

« Reply #45 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 10:39:20 »
Thanks. I'm going to buy in regardless and I don't want to be a hassle. Only if it's super easy for you.

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #46 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 13:09:17 »
Never a hassle! You've been commenting since the day I posted my Interest Check, and I appreciate you sticking with it. I think joining in is the best route, and then I can always manually take care of your order if we hit MOQ! That way there's not all these "what if" orders floating around. Pm me what you'd like exactly, such as RAW plate+case etc. so I can keep track of it! And if it entails any price changes I can take care of those as well :]

Offline lordgiblite

« Reply #47 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 15:37:12 »
Lord, got your note and order, and it warmed my heart! You've got this dude, and ill pm you soon with some info for you!! Thanks for everything man!

You're very welcome! I'll keep an eye out for a PM  :thumb:

Offline Tre3Cycl3S

« Reply #48 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 16:47:41 »
Snag an adorable purple Pearl to add to my growing collection of 40%, looking forward to getting it in March!

QFR             HHKB Pro-2          JD45                VE.A             XMIT 61-Key             JD40 Mk.II              V60 Mini
    MX Blue             Topre            MX Blue        R5 67g Zealios     50g Hall Effect     Modded Gateron Red     Matias Click

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #49 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 19:54:42 »
Woohoo! Already at 70% to MOQ by day 1

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 21:50:34 »
Exciting! You've all been wonderful! :-*

Snag an adorable purple Pearl to add to my growing collection of 40%, looking forward to getting it in March!
Congrats!! What other 40s do you own?

Also, anyone who ordered stickers, i'll be mailing those out via envelope tomorrow!

Offline lordgiblite

« Reply #51 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 22:02:31 »
Okay, seriously can I just say congrats Koob? I mean you have 40/50 for your MOQ and it's barely even been a day! (technically less than a day but stinkin' close)

You've obviously done something right so keep it up  :D

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 22:05:06 »
Okay, seriously can I just say congrats Koob? I mean you have 40/50 for your MOQ and it's barely even been a day! (technically less than a day but stinkin' close)

You've obviously done something right so keep it up  :D
AH man ty<3 ! Its a group effort, everyones helped in some way :thumb: I've got your stickers too sir, going out tomorrow! Woot woot

Offline eksuen

« Reply #53 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 23:56:11 »
Am I correct to assume that if an aluminum plate is selected, it will be anodized in the same color as that chosen for the case?

Offline SuperBo

« Reply #54 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 00:09:22 »
Prepare for a cyan Perl LOL

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 08:08:36 »
Am I correct to assume that if an aluminum plate is selected, it will be anodized in the same color as that chosen for the case?
You can leave a note in the cart and specify the color you want the plate in at checkout!

Prepare for a cyan Perl LOL
Show Image

Oh baby!!!

Offline eksuen

« Reply #56 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 13:28:50 »
You can leave a note in the cart and specify the color you want the plate in at checkout!

Both my CC's were declined for some reason, but it worked when I went through PayPal.

Anyway, order submitted.

Offline tameone

« Reply #57 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 13:55:32 »

Both my CC's were declined for some reason, but it worked when I went through PayPal.

Anyway, order submitted.

Maybe fraud protection protocol for an unknown website.

Offline mr scooty

« Reply #58 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 15:06:47 »
UGH. Too many colors that I want  :'(

Offline SuperBo

« Reply #59 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 15:36:57 »
Extra case is the solution for your problem :))

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #60 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 16:13:30 »
Hey everyone, awesome job on the orders. Also Ive heard from multiple people that their cards have been declined, idk what the deal is. Banks probably dont think my store is real... shame

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #61 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 16:35:46 »

Hmmm.. maybe an option to by extra cases?:D

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 16:37:42 »
Hey everyone, awesome job on the orders...
RIP Koob lol. I have a feeling by dec 1 ur gonna have far surpassed MOQ. Gonna be busy!

« Reply #63 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 16:44:07 »

How 'bout combining differently colored tops and bottoms?

Purple+Pink+Laser would be killer

Offline mr scooty

« Reply #64 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 17:55:39 »

How 'bout combining differently colored tops and bottoms?

Purple+Pink+Laser would be killer

oh puhleeeze based god koob

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #65 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 18:11:14 »
Lol guys, if you have any very special requests pm me! Ill forward all of them to my anodizer!

The thing is colors usually require MOQs too, since they do them in batches. Im sure everything is possible but it can get confusing. But pm me and I'll do my best to get you guys what you want!

« Reply #66 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 19:56:00 »
So, what are the MOQs for colors? BTW, it was good practice with KBDFans 60% case providing spreadsheet with each color option purchased.
Not insisting, but it could help someone to make their choice (like me. I'm deciding between gray, purple, orange, blue and cyan)

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #67 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 20:48:16 »
So, what are the MOQs for colors? BTW, it was good practice with KBDFans 60% case providing spreadsheet with each color option purchased.
Not insisting, but it could help someone to make their choice (like me. I'm deciding between gray, purple, orange, blue and cyan)
I imagine its 50 for each sir! And i was wondering if people wanted to see the details on others orders. Not sure if i should or shouldn't compile that list and make it public. Thoughts?! Id def say Cyan or Purple :P

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #68 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 21:15:54 »
I imagine its 50 for each sir! And i was wondering if people wanted to see the details on others orders. Not sure if i should or shouldn't compile that list and make it public. Thoughts?! Id def say Cyan or Purple :P
Wait, so in order for each color to run it needs to have 50 orders? So 50 for cyan, 50 for purple,etc?

Offline homerowco

« Reply #69 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 21:17:02 »

With 23% import vat it's $435... :/

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #70 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 21:31:05 »
Wait, so in order for each color to run it needs to have 50 orders? So 50 for cyan, 50 for purple,etc?
No man everything is fine. It will run and ill cover any costs that dont hit moq!

Show Image

Ouch brother. Nothing i can do there :( Well i can label the total costs minus shipping and save money? Ideas?

Offline homerowco

« Reply #71 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 21:38:21 »

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #72 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 21:46:37 »
No man everything is fine. It will run and ill cover any costs that dont hit moq!

Gotcha! Very rad of u to do that btw

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #73 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 22:24:22 »
Purple and GMK Laser?  Your thoughts?

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #74 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 22:33:59 »
https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/our-divisions/ecommerce/customer-service/contact-ecommerce-business-get-a-quote.html
Ty! Will check that out

Gotcha! Very rad of u to do that btw
No worries :)

Mito is sending me GMK modifiers soon (fingers cross) and i can test them out for you. My thought would be Pink and Laser though :p!

UPDATES!
1-Can do a few orders different colored top/bottoms - If you really want it done PM me your order # and what you'd like!
2-@tameone I can do your order RAW sandblasted. If you still want this let me know what parts you want raw. Same price, you'd think it would be cheaper but its less parts for the anodizer and they actually want more work. Sorry my dude. If it turns out cheaper in the end ill PayPal you back money.
3-Bobcarlthethird mentioned engraving order numbers to the Pearls, will find out more soon!

Offline Tre3Cycl3S

« Reply #75 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 22:55:33 »
3-Bobcarlthethird mentioned engraving order numbers to the Pearls, will find out more soon!

That would be sweet if that's possible! Would love mine to have an engraving of the order number as well :)

QFR             HHKB Pro-2          JD45                VE.A             XMIT 61-Key             JD40 Mk.II              V60 Mini
    MX Blue             Topre            MX Blue        R5 67g Zealios     50g Hall Effect     Modded Gateron Red     Matias Click

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #76 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 23:02:23 »

That would be sweet if that's possible! Would love mine to have an engraving of the order number as well :)
I think it will definitely be possible, and ill eat the extra costs since many have already paid! I'll work on some renders soon and share :)
Cheers

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #77 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 23:49:35 »
It would be awesome to get engraving of order number.

BTW, I just placed an order.  Order 50....MOQ met!   :p

Offline SuperBo

« Reply #78 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 01:26:51 »
Just completed my order.
Congrats we got MOQ 50 order \m/

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #79 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 05:56:04 »
Wow..You guys did it!!! Damnn and when im asleep to. All the good stuff happens when im sleeping xD

Going to make a public spreadsheet and show everyones order choices so you can all be up to date and see what your fellow clackers are picking! Names and order numbers wont be shown. Cheers and thanks for making this happen :)
« Last Edit: Fri, 03 November 2017, 06:24:31 by Koobaczech »

Offline lordgiblite

« Reply #80 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 13:26:08 »
Mito is sending me GMK modifiers soon (fingers cross) and i can test them out for you. My thought would be Pink and Laser though :p!

Let me know when you have those! I need to see laser on a purple case :)) :confused:

Um yes! If you can't that's okay (or if it costs too much, although I would be fine paying a little more) Engraved Pearls would be sweet!

Offline donjoan666

« Reply #81 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 13:34:19 »
Will join for silver pearl by the end of the GB! I'm gathering money

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #82 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 14:41:43 »
God damnit guys, i think my payment mode for credit cards was in test mode...no wonder orders weren't going through. Sorry about that!

Wonderful :) !

Offline tameone

« Reply #83 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 14:50:45 »
I have something in the works to go along with this board. I'll post more details tonight and some official info next week.

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #84 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 15:34:49 »
I have something in the works to go along with this board. I'll post more details tonight and some official info next week.
Oh boy!! I wonder what it could be haha

Some news fellas, posted the current orders form on the first page of this thread. All orders are listed there if anyone is curious in the current numbers!

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #85 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 17:15:37 »
Would it be possible to get a photo of all the existing sample cases together in one shot? Just so we can see them all with the same lighting for comparison?

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #86 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 17:19:41 »
Sure :) Ill get it Sunday, out of town rn and only have the purple on me!

Offline SuperBo

« Reply #87 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 17:24:25 »
Would you mind combining different color bottom and top case and take some photos.

I want to see the real photos of panda case (black bottom silver top and vice versa)

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #88 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 17:29:01 »
Thank you!

Offline tameone

« Reply #89 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 17:32:13 »
I don't want to clog up the pearl GB thread with responses to this, so please refrain.  If you want to voice opinions, please fill out this quick survey, email
GMKPearl@hotmail.com, or PM me.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdOv5O1utP9bFDOMVqjThhFpDjKShnxut3b4d1bpdg9nNXs_g/viewform?c=0&w=1

Ok, pre-IC interest check here.  Something I've been thinking about for awhile as I struggle with finding an acceptable solution to my keycap profile OCD. 

GMK Pearl compatibility kits. 

Blank 1u R2 and blank 1.5u R3 keys to allow you to maintain proper profiles on your Pearl for Esc/Tab, Enter, and whatever you use the key next to 'A' for.  The kits will be useful as accents on other 40/45% keyboards as well. 

I'm waiting for GMK to respond to see if this is feasible when it comes to pricing and MOQ (2 key single color kits is ideal.  GMK has made small kits with NO MOQ before, so that would obviously be best).

Proposed colors:

These will provide exact color matches, acceptable approximate color matches, or accent colors for 35+ GMK sets, as well as JTK, EnjoyPBT, Modern Beige, etc if you want to mix and match.. 

« Last Edit: Fri, 03 November 2017, 19:00:10 by tameone »

Offline neorobo

« Reply #90 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 01:48:45 »
Any suggestions on best to pair with Carbon SA? I can't decide between black, gray or silver.

Show Image

Oddly enough, in Canada I'm given one option, "International Flat Shipping Rate" and it's 80 USD. How am I paying more than someone in Europe??? I might as well ship it to an address in the US and drive to pick up.
« Last Edit: Sat, 04 November 2017, 02:05:29 by neorobo »

Offline SuperBo

« Reply #91 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 08:06:07 »
Any suggestions on best to pair with Carbon SA? I can't decide between black, gray or silver.

Show Image

Oddly enough, in Canada I'm given one option, "International Flat Shipping Rate" and it's 80 USD. How am I paying more than someone in Europe??? I might as well ship it to an address in the US and drive to pick up.
Seem like Canada Postal fee is quite expensive.

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #92 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 08:25:44 »
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdOv5O1utP9bFDOMVqjThhFpDjKShnxut3b4d1bpdg9nNXs_g/viewform?c=0&w=1
GMK Pearl compatibility kits. 
Blank 1u R2 and blank 1.5u R3 keys to allow you to maintain proper profiles on your Pearl for Esc/Tab, Enter, and whatever you use the key next to 'A' for.  The kits will be useful as accents on other 40/45% keyboards as well. 
I'm waiting for GMK to respond to see if this is feasible when it comes to pricing and MOQ (2 key single color kits is ideal.  GMK has made small kits with NO MOQ before, so that would obviously be best).
Show Image

These will provide exact color matches, acceptable approximate color matches, or accent colors for 35+ GMK sets, as well as JTK, EnjoyPBT, Modern Beige, etc if you want to mix and match.. 
Dude this is so cool. Id def get in on it, and thanks for sharing!

Morning, if you are given the maximum Fee of $80, it means USPS did not find a way to calculate or ship your package. In that case i would have to send it some other way and refund you the difference. I'll send you a pm and see if i cant bring that down to about $40!

Offline tameone

« Reply #93 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 14:11:04 »
I made a Pearl pixel art.  Check the sig!

Offline tameone

« Reply #94 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 14:13:05 »

2-@tameone I can do your order RAW sandblasted. If you still want this let me know what parts you want raw. Same price, you'd think it would be cheaper but its less parts for the anodizer and they actually want more work. Sorry my dude. If it turns out cheaper in the end ill PayPal you back money.

Thanks.  Still getting quotes from local cerakote shops, but honestly I'm starting to lean towards just getting a silver anodized pearl. 

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #95 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 17:17:25 »
Oh my god! You must share, thats so cool haha! And you let me know, here for you!

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #96 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 15:23:50 »
Hey everyone, i don't like airing my dirty laundry, but i want to inform you all that PayPal has "limited" my account. I can do everything except send or transfer money. I anticipated this and am in the middle of producing half a years worth of bank statements, purchases, information about me, my product, my store etc. So hopefully that clears up sometime within the month...

In other news, Mito reached out to me and after talking back and forth for a while, he made me some renders. I just need to say, he is an incredible person to talk to and coordinate with, and i am super humbled by his kindness and rapid work. Thank you Mito for everything! Check out these renders :]

Cyberdeck top - Gaijin Alphas/Cyberdeck+Mitowave Mods bot

Cyberdeck top and bot

Kobe Alphas/Blocknet Mods top - Gaijin Alphas/Cyberdeck+Mitowave Mods bot

Kobe Alphas/Blocknet Mods top - Gaijin Alphas/Cyberdeck+Mitowave Mods bot

Cyberdeck top - Cyberdeck+Mitowave Mods bot
« Last Edit: Sun, 05 November 2017, 15:25:27 by Koobaczech »

Offline homerowco

« Reply #97 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 17:06:08 »
Hey everyone, i don't like airing my dirty laundry, but i want to inform you all that PayPal has "limited" my account.

Do yourself a favor and use stripe.

Offline Puddsy

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #98 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 19:06:27 »
Hey everyone, i don't like airing my dirty laundry, but i want to inform you all that PayPal has "limited" my account.

Do yourself a favor and use stripe.

You can't accept payments from certain countries with stripe, and the protections aren't the same.

Offline SuperBo

« Reply #99 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 19:22:46 »
Maybe Google Wallet

Offline tameone

« Reply #100 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 19:27:02 »
Those renders are a little fancier than my pixel art  :p

Offline Puddsy

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #101 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 19:41:28 »

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #102 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 20:26:49 »
Hey everyone.......after submitting all my documents, PayPal customer service merchant review team called me from nebraska and told me that i'm to high risk and that PayPal isn't suited to work in situations such as mine. PayPal expects orders to be fulfilled within 20 days yada yada. They currently have 1,025.45 USD locked up in it. This 1grand will ONLY unlock when I show PayPal that i have been fulfilling orders via tracking numbers come March time when all Pearls will be delivered. I withdrew the rest (about 80%) a day earlier when MOQ hit and have everyones order money in my bank account.

I have a 9-5 job and can cover this grand thats locked up for the time being. As for proceeding with payments, i've disabled PayPal from my Shopify store and am taking orders directly to my bank account via Shopify Payments which uses STRIPE. I plan on getting help from an established vendor such as mechkeys.ca to proxy the PayPal account or something of the sort.

Ive put over 2grand of my own money into prototyping the boards, setting up the site, creating stickers, pre-buying some shipping and packaging supplies, making business cards and making small deposits to my manufacturers. Ive also invested so many hours into designing everything, marketing, forming relations with everyone and this is a really ****ty situation to be in. PayPal is right though, it's my first group buy and they've never seen my account go through this before so they can't do much except cover themselves...

Im sorry this happened my friends. I plan on pushing through and have my own money ready to cover any disasters or mishaps. Will keep everyone updated, and thanks for your understanding!

Offline lordgiblite

« Reply #103 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 20:45:51 »
Hey everyone.......after submitting all my documents, PayPal customer service merchant review team called me from nebraska and told me that i'm to high risk and that PayPal isn't suited to work in situations such as mine. PayPal expects orders to be fulfilled within 20 days yada yada. They currently have 1,025.45 USD locked up in it. This 1grand will ONLY unlock when I show PayPal that i have been fulfilling orders via tracking numbers come March time when all Pearls will be delivered. I withdrew the rest (about 80%) a day earlier when MOQ hit and have everyones order money in my bank account.

I have a 9-5 job and can cover this grand thats locked up for the time being. As for proceeding with payments, i've disabled PayPal from my Shopify store and am taking orders directly to my bank account via Shopify Payments which uses STRIPE. I plan on getting help from an established vendor such as mechkeys.ca to proxy the PayPal account or something of the sort.

Ive put over 2grand of my own money into prototyping the boards, setting up the site, creating stickers, pre-buying some shipping and packaging supplies, making business cards and making small deposits to my manufacturers. Ive also invested so many hours into designing everything, marketing, forming relations with everyone and this is a really ****ty situation to be in. PayPal is right though, it's my first group buy and they've never seen my account go through this before so they can't do much except cover themselves...

Im sorry this happened my friends. I plan on pushing through and have my own money ready to cover any disasters or mishaps. Will keep everyone updated, and thanks for your understanding!

I'm glad you're keeping us in the loop on this Koob, and I want to remind everyone that you did say in both the IC and the GB thread that this may happen, albeit you most likely did not imagine this result.

I hope that you will be able find an appropriate proxy to help those that cannot order through Stripe!

Like I've said countless times, your dedication and effort shows in the product you've created and the service you've given. Keep it up man, you're almost there!

Offline donjoan666

« Reply #104 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 21:22:40 »
Joined for "Black Pearl" instead of "Silver Pearl" lol. I'm pretty sure I'll get rose gold too for GF lol.
I paid with credit card and worked out well. I don't know why we need to pay with paypal though, I'm all good?..
And thanks for working so hard. In my opinion, the Pearl is having all the good aspects that the nice keyboard should have.
Now I need to decide which switch to put in...

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #105 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 21:32:30 »
Joined for "Black Pearl" instead of "Silver Pearl" lol. I'm pretty sure I'll get rose gold too for GF lol.
I paid with credit card and worked out well. I don't know why we need to pay with paypal though, I'm all good?..
And thanks for working so hard. In my opinion, the Pearl is having all the good aspects that the nice keyboard should have.
Thanks so much man, just updated the form with your order! Everything is good. And it was nice to offer PayPal for those who wanted it. Appreciate the kind words though!! If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask :)

I'm glad you're keeping us in the loop on this Koob, and I want to remind everyone that you did say in both the IC and the GB thread that this may happen, albeit you most likely did not imagine this result.

I hope that you will be able find an appropriate proxy to help those that cannot order through Stripe!

Like I've said countless times, your dedication and effort shows in the product you've created and the service you've given. Keep it up man, you're almost there!
Thank you Lord. Ive already got my Pearls, and for everyones sake i hope no more stupid **** comes up to disrupt this

Offline r4wromg

« Reply #106 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 09:46:18 »

Paypal is nice for those of us that have Paypal Credit. Being able to spread payments out over 6 months (without interest) is incredibly helpful, especially as the holiday shopping season is approaching. Lots of gifts to buy for others  :thumb:

Hope you're able to find a proxy! Really been looking forward to joining this GB

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #107 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 09:58:09 »
Hi! Thanks for your feedback, and very glad to hear you would like to join! I have found a proxy as of last night.

Dave from mechkeys.ca is an established and reputable vendor who has been so nice as to host Pearl on his website here
https://mechkeys.ca/collections/group-buys/products/pearl-40

The price listed is in CAD (Canadian dollars). You can head there to purchase via Paypal if you wish. He will carbon copy any orders and ill list them on my order form as well. I will invoice you shipping separately from your order, unless you are in the USA (free shipping). If you need to list any specific plate colors or special requests please email me at pearlboards@gmail.com with your order number and such! Thanks a lot!
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 November 2017, 10:24:30 by Koobaczech »

Offline mr scooty

« Reply #108 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 10:37:36 »
Will it be possible to get extra plates/pcbs after the gb? Or only during?

Offline tameone

« Reply #109 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 11:08:39 »
I'd like to pay via PayPal but $370 cad is $290.45 usd as of this posting, so I'll probably just go with CC via your site.

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #110 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 11:20:32 »
I will try to get extra plates and pcbs stocked for you all, and ouch sorry Tameone, maybe Dave listed it wrong ill ask him to change it.

« Reply #111 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 12:54:18 »
Damn, conversion will be bad for me. I'll try to use CC, but not quite sure, if your payment system will accept Debit Card from outside of the US. I remember Roz had the same issue with UK78 GB with PP.

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #112 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 13:26:21 »
Damn, conversion will be bad for me. I'll try to use CC, but not quite sure, if your payment system will accept Debit Card from outside of the US. I remember Roz had the same issue with UK78 GB with PP.
Honestly, I have to apologize again. I never thought PayPal would be so strict with my account. If you need any help just send me an email!

A couple of side updates as well
  • Fixed the international shipping calculator via shopify
  • Mecheksy.ca paypal proxy set price down to convert to $280usd correctly

« Reply #113 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 14:34:48 »
It's totally not your fault at all. The only workaround I can think about is sending USPS tracking to those orders that's been blocked to unlock the funds, but that's risky IMHO, PP may think it's fraud and act even more. Unfortunatelly, there's no way to prevent it to the best of my knowledge.

Anyway, thank you for all your work and keeping us in the loop and especially for that colab with MiTo. As soon as I'm going to order Base + Gajin + novelties, I guess I'll be able to cover both UK78 and Pearl (as a placeholder while I'm deciding about SA I'll use on it)

Online crcstig

« Reply #114 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 19:29:10 »
In for a silver plus extra pcb and plate, super hyped! Not sure what to pair it with. Hydro is a dream, Violet Tendencies, Godspeed, idk. Thanks Koob and good luck, it's a true beauty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Offline SuperBo

« Reply #115 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 20:04:54 »
In for a silver plus extra pcb and plate, super hyped! Not sure what to pair it with. Hydro is a dream, Violet Tendencies, Godspeed, idk. Thanks Koob and good luck, it's a true beauty.

Take a look at Night King SA. I think it is very suitable to silver background. However they don't have special keys for spllit spacebar.

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #116 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 21:39:06 »

Wow thanks for joining in, and for your nice thoughts! Silver is a beautiful color that works well with anything! My personal favorite might be hyperfuse!

Also donut_sauce, i promised you a side by side pic of all the Pearls. Here it is
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 November 2017, 22:39:35 by Koobaczech »

Offline Troif

• Carpe Diem!!!
    • Daniel Ferrer
« Reply #117 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 05:51:49 »
Beautiful board...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
--
Filco TKL Ninja Blues / CODE Greens / Pok3r Clears / HHKBpro2 / RF 87U 55g / Novatouch TKL / KC60 Clears / SSK and also regular Model M

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #118 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 07:18:00 »

Wow thanks for joining in, and for your nice thoughts! Silver is a beautiful color that works well with anything! My personal favorite might be hyperfuse!
Show Image

Thank you! Do u have silver one irl? Thought I saw one listed as silver on ur insta

Also donut_sauce, i promised you a side by side pic of all the Pearls. Here it is
Show Image

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #119 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 07:58:05 »
Just those 4 man! The silver you saw was Daves mechmini2 prototype case! He sent me it to check out and build. Its so expensive to prototype x0

Offline Scarhoof

« Reply #120 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 23:44:57 »
Seeing those renders with Laser makes me want to order another one just for that look.

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #121 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 08:06:15 »
Just those 4 man! The silver you saw was Daves mechmini2 prototype case! He sent me it to check out and build. Its so expensive to prototype x0
Oh i thought this one was labeled silver?181866-0

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #122 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 09:26:23 »
Wow, my mistake, it should say Gray. I've gone and corrected it. No wonder so many people were confused lol. That's my fault and I do apologize! ;D

Offline mr scooty

« Reply #123 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 11:22:46 »
God i just keep going between colors at this point....  :'( :'(

Offline energyd

« Reply #124 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 11:32:07 »
Just curious what does everyone use the split space for? Use one of them as the fn key?

Offline lordgiblite

« Reply #125 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 11:35:52 »
Just curious what does everyone use the split space for? Use one of them as the fn key?
Generally it's space and enter with fn to switch between layers :D

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Offline tameone

« Reply #126 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 11:57:55 »
A lot of people use one space as backspace as well.

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #127 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 16:15:32 »
Just like the two excellent gentlemen above me answered, I've seen one function as a space and the other as a backspace/fn key. I've also seen it be used as a shift key. The magic is that since every key is programmable, there is no right or wrong and you are free to invent whatever crazy layout you want ;]

In my split space build, my bottom row is
[1u Ctrl]-[1.25u Win]-[1.25u Alt]-[2.25u LShift]-[2.75u Space]-[1.25u Menu]-[1u Fn]

Offline energyd

« Reply #128 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 18:45:12 »
Just like the two excellent gentlemen above me answered, I've seen one function as a space and the other as a backspace/fn key. I've also seen it be used as a shift key. The magic is that since every key is programmable, there is no right or wrong and you are free to invent whatever crazy layout you want ;]

[1u Ctrl]-[1.25u Win]-[1.25u Alt]-[2.25u LShift]-[2.75u Space]-[1.25u Menu]-[1u Fn]

Thanks for the reply guys. Very helpful. Thinking about order a pearl for myself.

As a programmer, I would use the arrow key extensively and sometimes need the number key. So I need the Fn key to be convenient to reach.

On my 60% that I set the Caps Lock key to be my Fn and I,J,K,L to be the arrow cluster. But on a 40% I still need the LShift which leaves no space for the Caps Lock. Also I use the '-' and '=', '{' and '}' keys a lot. Any suggestion on how to get those back on the 40%?

Offline eksuen

« Reply #129 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 18:49:19 »

Thanks for the reply guys. Very helpful. Thinking about order a pearl for myself.

As a programmer, I would use the arrow key extensively and sometimes need the number key. So I need the Fn key to be convenient to reach.

On my 60% that I set the Caps Lock key to be my Fn and I,J,K,L to be the arrow cluster. But on a 40% I still need the LShift which leaves no space for the Caps Lock. Also I use the '-' and '=', '{' and '}' keys a lot. Any suggestion on how to get those back on the 40%?

You'd probably have to put them in a fn layer. My Minivan has a default layer and 4 fn layers.

Offline mr scooty

« Reply #130 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 18:57:41 »

I use a 40% for programming as a daily driver. I use split spacebar. Left spacebar = fn. Right spacebar = space. I noticed I always press space with my right thumb on regular keyboards for whatever reason... so it made sense for me.

In the 'FN' layer,
I use IJKL for arrows with U : Home,
O : End,
have a few of the various 'FN1-12' keys scattered around i use a lot,
QWER : 1234,
ASDF : 5678,
ZXCV : 90-=,
,.<> : []{}

I also have another fn layer with the right ctrl that has everything else i need.

Definitely possible to program on a 40  :thumb:

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #131 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 19:15:28 »
Y'all are madmen. I cant use a 40% to program, only to wack burglars on the head with

Offline mr scooty

« Reply #132 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 19:49:25 »
Y'all are madmen. I cant use a 40% to program, only to wack burglars on the head with

It definitely takes some getting used to. But I use mine for security reasons mostly. Can't mess with my station if you can't use my keeb  :p

Offline energyd

« Reply #133 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 20:13:04 »

It definitely takes some getting used to. But I use mine for security reasons mostly. Can't mess with my station if you can't use my keeb  :p

Now I know :p

Online Rogerwyf

« Reply #134 on: Fri, 10 November 2017, 00:35:00 »
Joined the Pearl Hype Train!

Offline fishpod

« Reply #135 on: Fri, 10 November 2017, 02:21:46 »
so kooba, the prototypes that you have in hand are purple, cyan, red and silver right?

is there a sample for rose gold?

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #136 on: Fri, 10 November 2017, 08:12:04 »
Haha!! Thank you Roger :) Exciting!!💎

so kooba, the prototypes that you have in hand are purple, cyan, red and silver right?

Hey pod! Designing a board can be tough the first time around. I had never used Cad, never understood screw sizes, threading, tolerances, top mount plates etc. After a very meticulous process, i had finished designing the little board and paid for 2 protos, cyan and red. Fixing almost everything from the first revision, came my second 2, GRAY and purple. Heres the kicker

Revision 3 will be what you all will get. They will be ever so slightly better and most likely have numbered weights. I havent produced any revision 3's because its incredibly expensive to make just 2 :(

I will try to have a single rose gold Pearl made after the GB closes, and have it in my hands before producing the rest. I'll most likely be contributing it to the GB so if it is bad and no one wants it, it came out of my pockets. If this happens, it will prob cause a delay but assures you all of the color. At that point everyone can gauge the color and if theyd like to, change their orders :) I dont have a sample of rose gold because it will be done at another shop, since my supplier doesnt do rose gold. Hoping it turns out nice!

« Last Edit: Fri, 10 November 2017, 08:17:02 by Koobaczech »

Offline fishpod

« Reply #137 on: Fri, 10 November 2017, 08:27:46 »
Haha!! Thank you Roger :) Exciting!!💎

Hey pod! Designing a board can be tough the first time around. I had never used Cad, never understood screw sizes, threading, tolerances, top mount plates etc. After a very meticulous process, i had finished designing the little board and paid for 2 protos, cyan and red. Fixing almost everything from the first revision, came my second 2, GRAY and purple. Heres the kicker

Revision 3 will be what you all will get. They will be ever so slightly better and most likely have numbered weights. I havent produced any revision 3's because its incredibly expensive to make just 2 :(

I will try to have a single rose gold Pearl made after the GB closes, and have it in my hands before producing the rest. I'll most likely be contributing it to the GB so if it is bad and no one wants it, it came out of my pockets. If this happens, it will prob cause a delay but assures you all of the color. At that point everyone can gauge the color and if theyd like to, change their orders :) I dont have a sample of rose gold because it will be done at another shop, since my supplier doesnt do rose gold. Hoping it turns out nice!

:thumb: kooba you are amazing! GLWGB and I look forward to my ROSE GOLD PEARL!

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #138 on: Fri, 10 November 2017, 09:13:05 »
Thank you dude!!! And for anyone wanting to see! Gray is 'halfway happy' between black and silver. Almost always if you cant tell if its gray or silver, assume its gray. Silver is super light.

GRAY Pearl VS SILVER Mm2

« Last Edit: Fri, 10 November 2017, 09:19:13 by Koobaczech »

« Reply #139 on: Fri, 10 November 2017, 15:01:00 »

The conversion rate is still adds 16 USD.

I'll try my CC though later.

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #140 on: Fri, 10 November 2017, 16:46:31 »
Hey Warrior, working on this now. Sorry about that. Realized Google conversion is different that PayPal conversion, and since my PayPal is locked, I cant simulate purchases off the proxy site. Dave's incredibly busy shipping the mechmini2s but I've asked him to take some time aside to resolve this. Thanks you!

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #141 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 12:19:32 »
Do we have until Dec 1 to make changes to our order?  Still deciding the color choice.   ;D

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #142 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 13:35:26 »
Yes sir! Thats when I submit everything in :]

Offline energyd

« Reply #143 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 14:39:17 »
Yes sir! Thats when I submit everything in :]

Joined the buy! Thanks everyone for the insight! Got the purple one but still little bit undecided b/w cyan and purple though..

Offline energyd

« Reply #144 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 15:19:03 »
cyan vs purple which will have more key cap options?

Offline OfTheWild

• Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #145 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 15:34:35 »
I feel like purple is more common... but both have great aftermarket options for GMK and SP caps
-Dana

Doorbell

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #146 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 15:55:19 »
Joined the buy! Thanks everyone for the insight! Got the purple one but still little bit undecided b/w cyan and purple though..
Hey awesome!! :) Purple and Cyan look incredible with everything I've thrown on them so far. Honestly, every single Pearl rocks any keyset like a champ. Its like a very beautiful lady who doesn't look bad in anything know what i mean? xD

Online foxlive

« Reply #147 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 17:24:02 »
I am still hesitating with getting this 40% pearl.. Iím quite afraid I will not like 40%, but I do love the look of this board. Maybe I will wait for 60% pearl (even more with all the nice 60% gb soon with ca66 and m0110!!)

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #148 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 17:46:04 »
I am still hesitating with getting this 40% pearl.. Iím quite afraid I will not like 40%, but I do love the look of this board. Maybe I will wait for 60% pearl (even more with all the nice 60% gb soon with ca66 and m0110!!)
Thank you fox, I'm glad you like the look :) A 40% board, especially a very unique one is gamble if you've never used one. I don't disagree with your hesitation, and while id love to get this out to as many people as I can, my first concern is that you know what you are getting yourself into.

Try a 40 out one day, get a cheap one off mech market and see if its for you! If you love the form factor, Im sure one will find its way to you.

And yea, so many cool 60%'s are available right now! Pretty cool that the market is growing outside of the normal ebay, kbdfans, and standard aluminum square cases. I'm still wanting a Noxary X60 myself, but ill make my dream 60 if Pearl runs well :]

Offline Amnesia

« Reply #149 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 18:25:45 »
Thank you fox, I'm glad you like the look :) A 40% board, especially a very unique one is gamble if you've never used one. I don't disagree with your hesitation, and while id love to get this out to as many people as I can, my first concern is that you know what you are getting yourself into.

Try a 40 out one day, get a cheap one off mech market and see if its for you! If you love the form factor, Im sure one will find its way to you.

And yea, so many cool 60%'s are available right now! Pretty cool that the market is growing outside of the normal ebay, kbdfans, and standard aluminum square cases. I'm still wanting a Noxary X60 myself, but ill make my dream 60 if Pearl runs well :]

I'm in the same boat, I'm tempted by a pearl just because it looks so nice, but 40% just doesn't seem like the right thing for me. I even think i could do a like 50% without a number row, but losing standard keys in the main layout would screw with me.

I'd buy the **** out of a 60% tho. The real question is... any plans for 65% :D.

Offline ipreferpie

[GB] Pearl 40% - LIVE until December 1st at www.pearlboards.com
« Reply #150 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 22:52:36 »
Can't decide which of the 2 I should get: dark blue, cyan, black and grey. Which would best match keysets like Nautilus, Yuri and Laser? All look so good. And will the polycarbonate plates be bundled to save on shipping?

Online crcstig

« Reply #151 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 23:01:04 »
Can't decide which of the 2 I should get: dark blue, cyan, black and grey. Which would best match keysets like Nautilus, Yuri and Laser? All look so good. And will the polycarbonate plates be bundled to save on shipping?
Cyan, imo, would look amazimg with all three of those sets. I went with silver, but may change to cyan. Still conflicted. Cyan looks sick, but silver with the rgb strip. Hmm.

Offline energyd

« Reply #152 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 23:05:46 »
Cyan, imo, would look amazimg with all three of those sets. I went with silver, but may change to cyan. Still conflicted. Cyan looks sick, but silver with the rgb strip. Hmm.

I think dark blue might go better with Yuri and Nautilus.

Btw, is the rgb underglow pre-soldered?

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #153 on: Sun, 12 November 2017, 00:37:34 »
I'm in the same boat, I'm tempted by a pearl just because it looks so nice, but 40% just doesn't seem like the right thing for me. I even think i could do a like 50% without a number row, but losing standard keys in the main layout would screw with me.

I'd buy the **** out of a 60% tho. The real question is... any plans for 65% :D.
Understood! And it all depends on how well Pearl does. If its received well, id love to make something truly unique in the 60+ range :]

I won't steer you the wrong way on colors, but yes, the poly diffuser is bundled!

Btw, is the rgb underglow pre-soldered?
Yes it is, you only need to program a key to toggle it for RGB to work.

Online foxlive

« Reply #154 on: Sun, 12 November 2017, 05:30:48 »

Thanks for you answer Kooba!! Indeed I should try a 40% one day. Moving from full to 60% was really a revolution for me, I love 60 (or around 60%) layout, think they are super efficient for what I am doing (mainly code). I am quite afraid that the 40% push it a little too far, especially for code, which would make things less efficient.

And I totally agree with you Amnesia, the thing which bother me the most is loosing the classical layout on the other ray. a 60% without top raw (number) and a split space bar would do very nice. But with this layout I am quite not sure. Even more than this make the fitting of keyset complicated. I have a Budapest SA and Dasher SA on the end which need a keyboard, but I am afraid that they will not fit :( !

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #155 on: Sun, 12 November 2017, 09:34:53 »
Thanks for you answer Kooba!! Indeed I should try a 40% one day. Moving from full to 60% was really a revolution for me, I love 60 (or around 60%) layout, think they are super efficient for what I am doing (mainly code). I am quite afraid that the 40% push it a little too far, especially for code, which would make things less efficient.

And I totally agree with you Amnesia, the thing which bother me the most is loosing the classical layout on the other ray. a 60% without top raw (number) and a split space bar would do very nice. But with this layout I am quite not sure. Even more than this make the fitting of keyset complicated. I have a Budapest SA and Dasher SA on the end which need a keyboard, but I am afraid that they will not fit :( !
I remember feeling the same way! My first 60's were very hard to get used to, and then i moved down more and it was harder still. In my case, i don't use my 40's to program. They are more for leisurely use! I cant go below TKL for actual software development. I even use the PAUSE button sometimes to see what my terminal scripts are doing. But when I get home, if its bigger than 40% on my desk I don't like it :p

As for the keyset, any ANSI keyset will work. You can take the keys off your 60%'s and cover a Pearl perfectly. Budapest, Dasher, they both work fine. The layout Pearl uses was made specifically for allowing coverage from normal keysets :] The keyset compatibility on a 40% was actually my first checkmark when creating this project.

Online foxlive

« Reply #156 on: Sun, 12 November 2017, 22:24:57 »

I remember feeling the same way! My first 60's were very hard to get used to, and then i moved down more and it was harder still. In my case, i don't use my 40's to program. They are more for leisurely use! I cant go below TKL for actual software development. I even use the PAUSE button sometimes to see what my terminal scripts are doing. But when I get home, if its bigger than 40% on my desk I don't like it :p

As for the keyset, any ANSI keyset will work. You can take the keys off your 60%'s and cover a Pearl perfectly. Budapest, Dasher, they both work fine. The layout Pearl uses was made specifically for allowing coverage from normal keysets :] The keyset compatibility on a 40% was actually my first checkmark when creating this project.

Being on mac, I enjoyed instantaneously the 60% layout more than tkl or full since I mever used the f keys or page up/down, pause and so on. So the pomer layout was perfect, with caps lock remap to layer acces, and arrow on wasd, I love it. So yeah, 40% could be more for leisure when you donít really need the full efficiency.

On the keyset side, I need to recheck then, I thought it was tricky with some key but if you say so, this get a problem off  :cool:

Offline SynkRz

« Reply #157 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 08:49:35 »
Really happy to have joined this GB :) got my SA Godspeed cockpit, matching USB C cable, and I'm currently waiting for my switch samples to arrive so that I can decide what to use for my build

Offline realxmlforce

« Reply #158 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 04:43:51 »
As it seems the PCB doesn't have a button or something else to reset the controller.
So will the PCB be bricked when flashed with misconfigured QMK and e.g. no configured RESET Key?

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #159 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 09:28:43 »
Being on mac, I enjoyed instantaneously the 60% layout more than tkl or full since I mever used the f keys or page up/down, pause and so on. So the pomer layout was perfect, with caps lock remap to layer acces, and arrow on wasd, I love it. So yeah, 40% could be more for leisure when you donít really need the full efficiency.

On the keyset side, I need to recheck then, I thought it was tricky with some key but if you say so, this get a problem off  :cool:
I agree, I love my Mac, but I do use the arrow keys a ton. 65% ftw! Definitely give at a second look and see if its not for you ;]

Really happy to have joined this GB :) got my SA Godspeed cockpit, matching USB C cable, and I'm currently waiting for my switch samples to arrive so that I can decide what to use for my build
Wow you are all set! I've got another buddy who also has SA Godspeed ready for his Pearl, its exciting. What switches were you thinking of? Thanks for joining :thumb:

As it seems the PCB doesn't have a button or something else to reset the controller.
So will the PCB be bricked when flashed with misconfigured QMK and e.g. no configured RESET Key?
These pcb's can always be put into bootloader mode if you hold down a certain key while powering on the PCB. I wouldn't bank on it getting bricked, and jetpack should have more on that info in the near future :]

Offline mr scooty

« Reply #160 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 14:42:02 »
alright.. which one of you bulk ordered and made me miss being order 69

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #161 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 17:41:58 »
Any update on engraving the order number?  Is that still happening?

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #162 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 14:31:55 »
Weight engraving is definitely happening! Been playing with new designs. Thoughts?

Offline energyd

« Reply #163 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 14:44:14 »

Offline Puddsy

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #164 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 15:25:27 »
i like the top one

Offline mr scooty

« Reply #165 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 15:29:22 »
Weight engraving is definitely happening! Been playing with new designs. Thoughts?
Show Image

I like 1 personally.

Also i need suggestions on what color aluminum plate to get. I'm getting a purple pearl, but can't decide between a purple, cyan, or green ALU plate. Thoughts?
Getting brass plate as well.
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 November 2017, 15:32:46 by mr scooty »

Offline lordgiblite

« Reply #166 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 16:43:39 »
I really enjoy the original design for the weight but I would probably lean more towards #2 if you did indeed change the font. I like either font though so it doesn't matter too much to me  :D

Offline bminhz

« Reply #167 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 17:40:57 »
I enjoy the first design as well since it is dead straight center and doesn't have all those clusters surrounding

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #168 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 18:35:24 »
You guys are hilarious lmao. I see how it is!

Also i need suggestions on what color aluminum plate to get. I'm getting a purple pearl, but can't decide between a purple, cyan, or green ALU plate. Thoughts?
Getting brass plate as well.
A green plate would look sick. Red looks pretty sweet too. Id say it all depends on what keyset will go on it. For my Purple Pearl, the red plate and SA Miami combo looks killer when the plate shines through!

And thoughts?!
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 November 2017, 18:42:14 by Koobaczech »

Offline lordgiblite

« Reply #169 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 18:50:51 »
You guys are hilarious lmao. I see how it is!

And thoughts?!
Show Image

I like it tons although I would enjoy a bottom left engraved number though ;) I know I'm a picky little boy!

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #170 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 19:06:33 »
I like it tons although I would enjoy a bottom left engraved number though ;) I know I'm a picky little boy!
Fixed it

Offline mr scooty

« Reply #171 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 19:10:02 »
Fixed it
Show Image

Ooooo that's nice  :thumb:

I think i like the original cursive font the best as well

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #172 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 19:13:14 »
Thanks for the feedback gentlemen. Its ultimately up to you all! :D

Offline lordgiblite

« Reply #173 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 21:07:11 »
Fixed it
Show Image

So how much extra is that :thumb:

« Reply #174 on: Sat, 18 November 2017, 14:22:12 »
Will in-switch LEDs and RGB leds work together without brightness issues? I'm asking cause I've just assembled UK78 and in-switch LEDs are so dim and setting RGB brightness to max just turns in-switch LEDs off. Ultimately, I guess, it killed the PCB on UK78, so it's bricked right now.

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #175 on: Sat, 18 November 2017, 18:33:51 »
Will in-switch LEDs and RGB leds work together without brightness issues? I'm asking cause I've just assembled UK78 and in-switch LEDs are so dim and setting RGB brightness to max just turns in-switch LEDs off. Ultimately, I guess, it killed the PCB on UK78, so it's bricked right now.
Dang, i can't believe that actually happened. I just tested out a board, full top leds and all the rgb on. Its not bad. If you put the RGB all the way up, id say the top leds shine maybe 6/10 on a brightness scale. Its a nice bright, nothing crazy. But putting the RGB down a bit only slightly dims it, while making the top leds substantially brighter. That seems like a good tradeoff point! I'll make a video of it sometime soon :]