Author Topic: [GB] Southpaw Extended 65% - Accepting orders until December 1st  (Read 5010 times)

typischt, Bubblegum and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline reconsiderit

Southpaw Extended 65%. Six months in the making, we're finally at the group buy stage. NA orders go through me, EU orders go through candykeys, and asia orders go through KP. Links below

North America: switchplate.co
European Union: candykeys.com
Asia and Oceania: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=561011231718
For non-Chinese speaking customers in the Asia and Oceania region, Order through the NA website. Orders will be shipped directly to you from china and you will be billed for shipping separately. Check post on second page for estimates and instructions

An Alps+MX 65% board with a left hand number pad. Designed for maximum workspace fluidity, with centered alphanumerics and a full number pad without the compromise of pushing the mouse outwards. Full ISO support with flexible layout options that include a left handed arrow cluster, split backspace, and a full 4x5 macropad in the place of the numpad. Case options with pricing that spans across the board.

Layouts below. PCB Mounted Stabs only. For those with alps concerns, I'm working on an insert for PCB Mount cherry stabs that work with alps keycaps. Hopefully those will be done before this ships and I can throw some in.

Aluminum Case - Complete Kits starting at $210.00. Inc. both risers; 4 and 9 degrees.

Revisions:

USB opening revised to take all USB cables

Matching chamfer added to bottom edge

Support tabs milled into the corners of the case

Rear leg of 9 degree riser redesigned for new rubber pads

Bottom of case milled for rubber pad recess for use with cone feet

Both 4 and 9 degree risers now sit flush with the chamfer on the edge of the case

Both risers now have the front mount thread in from the bottom. This was done as there was not enough material on the risers to form strong enough threads if threaded from the top

Note that rubber feet for the keyboard will be included. They will most likely be the translucent thin material as opposed to the thicker crosshatched black material.

Integrated Case - Complete Kits for $107.50

Revisions:
- Drilled/Slotted for cone feet to give a 10ish degree angle
- Holes for diffuser removed

Bent Plate - Complete Kits for $91.50.

Builds into something like this: (75% board as an example)

Timeline looks to be around 6-9 weeks for production with a week in between a sorting/shipping time of 1-4 weeks.

Primary target is 100 units which is MOQ for the PCB. Interest check yields around 225 responses so everything looks good so far.

MOQ, and all other details listed on the main GB page on switchplate.co

« Last Edit: Tue, 21 November 2017, 23:10:16 by reconsiderit »

Offline reconsiderit

Re: [GB] Southpaw Extended 65% - Accepting orders until December 1st
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 31 October 2017, 20:19:20 »
Reserved for updates

Offline ipreferpie

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 31 October 2017, 22:23:46 »
Can’t wait to join! Will this be on any Asian GB forums like Taobao? Want to save on shipping

Offline dead_pixel_design

• I don't know anything yet.
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 31 October 2017, 23:59:30 »
Looking forward to it

Online HotRoderX

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 00:05:35 »
wanted to keep track of this cause seriously thinking might need one as the ultimate MMO gaming board. I am thinking since its QMK.. programmable.. I can set up the num pad as a micro pad. Then re-map  the keys to be numbers plus wasd and any other skills I use! thought eliminating the need for the crappy MMO mouse that I really don't like. I a quick question is the cases your selling the aluminum ones are MOQ per case are all cases as far as color goes?
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 November 2017, 00:11:09 by HotRoderX »

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 03:40:53 »
Top quality post <3

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 03:52:08 »
Any idea when the EU proxy will be open for orders? 

I'm sitting here like

Online HotRoderX

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 03:58:46 »

I'm sitting here like

Show Image

Reddit had in the next few days. That candykey's on one holiday.

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 04:00:10 »

I'm sitting here like

Show Image

Reddit had in the next few days. That candykey's on one holiday.
Ah okay, thanks! :)

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 11:16:28 »
Could you link to the sites in OP please?

Offline cynnoh

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 13:13:03 »
Is the PCB SMD-led compatible?

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 19:38:04 »
wanted to keep track of this cause seriously thinking might need one as the ultimate MMO gaming board. I am thinking since its QMK.. programmable.. I can set up the num pad as a micro pad. Then re-map  the keys to be numbers plus wasd and any other skills I use! thought eliminating the need for the crappy MMO mouse that I really don't like. I a quick question is the cases your selling the aluminum ones are MOQ per case are all cases as far as color goes?

It comes on TMK and will have a preset on tkg.io but you can port it to QMK as far as I am concerned. I'll have to try it out when I have time.

The aluminum ones have MOQ set by color since those are the minimum number of cases the factory is willing to anodize at a given time.

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 19:58:21 »
Can’t wait to join! Will this be on any Asian GB forums like Taobao? Want to save on shipping

Asia proxy is up and running. Check the link at the top

Online HotRoderX

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 21:30:43 »

It comes on TMK and will have a preset on tkg.io but you can port it to QMK as far as I am concerned. I'll have to try it out when I have time.

The aluminum ones have MOQ set by color since those are the minimum number of cases the factory is willing to anodize at a given time.

Thanks and QMK sounds like it most likely be as easy to setup I think been to that site before. As long as its semi easy to program. Cause I want to setup the left side with arrow key's + number keys from the top.. perhaps some other strange Additional keys. Thanks ok I keep track of what numbers are what cause... there a couple of case colors I really like. I am sure they will all hit MOT. There is one other question I wanted to ask will the PCB/Plate Support Screw in stabs and also plate mounted stabs? That way I can plan what I need to buy! Thanks I be watching this extremely closely the more I think about ditching my razor mouse! the happier I become.

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 21:44:44 »

Thanks and QMK sounds like it most likely be as easy to setup I think been to that site before. As long as its semi easy to program. Cause I want to setup the left side with arrow key's + number keys from the top.. perhaps some other strange Additional keys. Thanks ok I keep track of what numbers are what cause... there a couple of case colors I really like. I am sure they will all hit MOT. There is one other question I wanted to ask will the PCB/Plate Support Screw in stabs and also plate mounted stabs? That way I can plan what I need to buy! Thanks I be watching this extremely closely the more I think about ditching my razor mouse! the happier I become.

The tmk firmware can be done on a variant of that same site, here: http://kb.sized.io/

TMK is a branch of QMK and afaik, some of the pins on the ATmega32u4 are mapped a little differently so you would need to look at that. This board runs off of the kimera controller designed by Kai Ryu and it's easiest to use TKG which is basically the same thing, but without the visuals. I'll have the matrix mapping up as soon as I can.

The plates don't take plate mount stabs because of how it's a universal plate for all the layouts. Screw and snap-in stabs will work for this.

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 21:54:46 »
IF i didn't want to order through taobao, could the aussies buy off the NA shop as well?
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Offline Koobaczech

• Don't forget to smile :)
    • Pearlboards
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 22:02:57 »
Hey, this looks awesome and our timelines match! GLWS guys

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 00:06:56 »
IF i didn't want to order through taobao, could the aussies buy off the NA shop as well?

Yeah, that works too. Just keep in mind shipping will be a little higher

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 00:10:46 »
Is the PCB SMD-led compatible?

The PCB is not per-key SMD LED compatible. There are SMD LEDs for the underglow though. 

Online HotRoderX

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 00:17:06 »
I am really sorry I am asking so many questions so this board has SMD LED's but the CNC cases don't have any acrylic on them. Also how does order from the NA site work do you get charge right them are charged once the group buy goes life!.

Then I have one more question the bent case is the only one that would offer SMD Shine thought guessing from what I can see... how sturdy would that case be and how study would the USB connector be? I never used bent plate but kinda like the idea of having the SMD shine thought. Also whats the weight like on a bent case. Once again sorry like 300 questions

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 11:51:29 »
Wait... On the site it says   

The PCB comes fully pre-soldered and in a green color.

I thought the PCB would be black or white?

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
  • absolutely radical
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 14:21:37 »
Looking good, in for an integrated steel case & pcb, how will the holes on the integrated case be for the cone feet? 2 seperate holes for 8 & 11deg?

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 18:26:23 »
Looking good, in for an integrated steel case & pcb, how will the holes on the integrated case be for the cone feet? 2 seperate holes for 8 & 11deg?

I'll have them cut it as a slot in the same fashion as the CNC case. The angles are a really rough estimate, but I'll see if I can measure them again sometime today.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 18:33:14 »
What a pretty board. Been looking to retire my Filco and this may be the board to do it

Offline omuerte

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 18:46:03 »
Can I submit a second order for add-on parts later during the group buy? I know I'd like to buy the bent plate & PCB kit + stabilizers but I'm not sure what switches I'd like to go with yet.
KUL ES-87 // Filco Majestouch 2 // Cherry Corp G80-3234HQU

ciao bella~
Leopold TKL Clear // Leopold TKL Blue // Rosewill RK-9000 // TG3 BL82 (ghetto reds)

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 21:24:49 »
No acrylic on the cases?

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #26 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 22:15:29 »
No acrylic on the cases?

Just on the bent plate. The integrated case is closed all around and the aluminum case is CNC'd from a single block, so no acrylic on those.

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #27 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 22:16:55 »
Can I submit a second order for add-on parts later during the group buy? I know I'd like to buy the bent plate & PCB kit + stabilizers but I'm not sure what switches I'd like to go with yet.

Best if you submit the whole order at one time. Makes organization much easier for me.  :thumb:

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 22:26:02 »
No acrylic on the cases?

Just on the bent plate. The integrated case is closed all around and the aluminum case is CNC'd from a single block, so no acrylic on those.
I sent an email on this but since you're in here, it says on the website that you will be restocking the EEPW84 aluminum cases at the end of the month. Is that including the black ones with acrylic insert?

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #29 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 01:32:02 »
What color will the pcb be?

Offline KorbenDallas

« Reply #30 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 01:59:02 »
count me in :thumb: . I am taking somewhat of a gamble with the raw case i feel. I prefer the look of the raw over the colors, so i tried doing some research as to how raw aluminum would hold up over time i.e corrosion resilience/discoloration but wasn't completely sure. I figure i could give vinyl wrapping a try later down the line if it begins to lose its good looks.

Anyone have experience or input with handling AI raw?

Online HotRoderX

« Reply #31 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 02:41:53 »
count me in :thumb: . I am taking somewhat of a gamble with the raw case i feel. I prefer the look of the raw over the colors, so i tried doing some research as to how raw aluminum would hold up over time i.e corrosion resilience/discoloration but wasn't completely sure. I figure i could give vinyl wrapping a try later down the line if it begins to lose its good looks.

Don't quote me on this but couldn't you just use clear coat on it? I would think that protect it but once again I don't know. I just know you can clear coat most things to protect them against issues.

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #32 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 02:45:28 »

I had a pok3r alu case that I sand blasted to raw alu. It looses a little shine over time but generally looks awesome.
I'm also getting the raw case, I think it looks great, and with a raw case you can always have it sanded, sand blasted, anodized or brushed later if it starts to look boring. I like the look of pls metal though.

I really wish there were a brass plate in the gb.

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #33 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 03:09:56 »
No acrylic on the cases?

I sent an email on this but since you're in here, it says on the website that you will be restocking the EEPW84 aluminum cases at the end of the month. Is that including the black ones with acrylic insert?

Just got to that email, but yes, it should be the black with the acrylic insert. iirc, we should have one or two of those when they come.

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #34 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 03:11:43 »

PCB will be white. I was a little concerned that it would stand out through the openings in the plate, but with the sentraq s65+ that I got last week, that doesn't seem to be the case so we'll definetly be going with white so that the underglow is a little more vibrant since it reflects a little better than the black PCB... or so it should.

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #35 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 03:12:44 »

PCB will be white. I was a little concerned that it would stand out through the openings in the plate, but with the sentraq s65+ that I got last week, that doesn't seem to be the case so we'll definetly be going with white so that the underglow is a little more vibrant since it reflects a little better than the black PCB... or so it should.
Awesome! That's great news. FYI the CandyKeys website says it will be green.

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #36 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 03:15:17 »

I had a raw mountain bike frame a few months back and it seemed to hold it's color pretty well. It was around 3 or 4 years old and was pretty much ridden in the rain and mud by the old owner and it doesn't look tarnished. The color of the aluminum was definitely different though. It developed the usual bluish oxidization which gives a frosted look of sorts but maintains the texture and all.

Just keep in mind that this was on a mountain bike, exposed to water, mud, and probably left in the elements from time to time.

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #37 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 03:15:56 »

Awesome! That's great news. FYI the CandyKeys website says it will be green.

Ah, I'll talk to david at candykeys about that and get it fixed asap. Thanks for the heads up!

Online Bubblegum

« Reply #38 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 05:47:17 »
Looking forward to pairing Southpaw with Laser. I bet I'm not the only one. I think it would go really well together with the black alu case.

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #39 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 05:59:21 »
Looking forward to pairing Southpaw with Laser. I bet I'm not the only one. I think it would go really well together with the black alu case.
I was originally planning this, cause laser has so many awesome keys you can put on the extra places on this layout, but then I got godspeed from the keything massdrop had a few days ago so now I'm doing a godspeed build I guess :)

Offline Asbrodeus

« Reply #40 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 06:15:30 »
curious why you don't have paypal as an option or at least I didn't see it.

Offline graefeln

« Reply #41 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 16:38:25 »

This. I will probably buy into this if PP becomes an option; just easier to use my balance.

Offline KorbenDallas

« Reply #42 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 19:56:05 »
I was originally planning this, cause laser has so many awesome keys you can put on the extra places on this layout, but then I got godspeed from the keything massdrop had a few days ago so now I'm doing a godspeed build I guess :)

That was my initial plan but ended up deciding on this with Nautilus, currently trying to talk myself out of Gmk Laser (Kobe+Blocknet) but its not working so well  :))

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #43 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 21:16:27 »

This. I will probably buy into this if PP becomes an option; just easier to use my balance.

The issue with paypal is that the funds are withheld for 30 days after the transaction goes through which adds another 5 weeks to the GB timeline since I'm at the cap for this month from selling a bike to a someone. Didn't think of this when I was selling the bike  :(

If you would like, I can go ahead and send you a paypal invoice and have you pay that, then manually enter an order into the system. This would mean I would have to put some of my own money from my bank account into the buy then waiting for the payment to clear and then replacing it, but not too keen on doing that.

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #44 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 21:18:01 »

Joined the laser GB today. Pretty crazy how it's already hit the third price break, but it's gonna be a long wait... the GB hasn't even closed yet.

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #45 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 01:12:58 »

Joined the laser GB today. Pretty crazy how it's already hit the third price break, but it's gonna be a long wait... the GB hasn't even closed yet.
I'm trying to figure out if gaijin, blocknet and mitowaves can cover this board

So I don't have to buy the base

Online Bubblegum

« Reply #46 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 03:32:07 »

Will join both groupbuys next week when I get paid! Expecting the base kit and novelties to go down further for sure. On another note; what kind of USB connectivity does the Southpaw use? Mini or Micro? I may have skipped over that info somewhere.

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #47 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 04:43:51 »

Will join both groupbuys next week when I get paid! Expecting the base kit and novelties to go down further for sure. On another note; what kind of USB connectivity does the Southpaw use? Mini or Micro? I may have skipped over that info somewhere.

Realized that I missed that. It should be mini USB. I'll update the product page tomorrow morning. 

Online Bubblegum

« Reply #48 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 06:21:50 »

Realized that I missed that. It should be mini USB. I'll update the product page tomorrow morning.

Thanks! Pretty excited about this. Only bought pre-built and never soldered before. But I'm sure I can manage it when the time comes :)

Offline THRILLHOIAF

« Reply #49 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 18:21:42 »
Never built a keeb before so maybe this is stupid, but for the bent plate kit, do i still need to get stabilizers? and if I buy purple LED's, would those be put on the underside of the PCB for a purple underglow? I saw that the PCB has underglow but I still not sure if that means I need to provide the LED's for said underglow!

thanks any and all for the help!

Online HotRoderX

« Reply #50 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 18:30:00 »
Never built a keeb before so maybe this is stupid, but for the bent plate kit, do i still need to get stabilizers? and if I buy purple LED's, would those be put on the underside of the PCB for a purple underglow? I saw that the PCB has underglow but I still not sure if that means I need to provide the LED's for said underglow!

thanks any and all for the help!

Don't quote me on this but 99.9% sure you wouldn't need to add LED's for the under glow. it should be pre soldered with SMD's. I think thats what there called... and you would need stabilizers that I know for a fact. I am not sure thought if you need plate are pcb stabilizers are if it matter.

Offline ihalatch

« Reply #51 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 21:00:05 »
AU and NZ on Taobao??? I don't speak Chinese! I can't order from there? Can I use the USA proxy?

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #52 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 21:53:46 »
AU and NZ on Taobao??? I don't speak Chinese! I can't order from there? Can I use the USA proxy?

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=92344.msg2516180#msg2516180

Yes, but the shipping will be higher.

Offline ihalatch

« Reply #53 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 22:45:39 »
Can anyone confirm the translation from Chinese on Taobao:
1) "85SP PCB" = GB - Southpaw Extended 65% - PCB;
2) "Stainless steel closure shell 85SP"= GB - Southpaw Extended 65% - Integrated Case;
3) "85SP stainless steel are bend nuda"  :)  = GB - Southpaw Extended 65% - Bent Plate MX.
Having to translate Taobao in English is so frustrating.

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #54 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 23:25:29 »
2) "Stainless steel closure shell 85SP"= GB - Southpaw Extended 65% - Integrated Case;
3) "85SP stainless steel are bend nuda"  :)  = GB - Southpaw Extended 65% - Bent Plate MX.

I'm looking at it with Google translate.  I believe the Taobao options are:

"85SP PCB" = the PCB only (no case)
"85SP anodized aluminum housing" = the anodized aluminum case (no pcb, no plate)
"85SP MX stainless steel positioning plate" = cherry MX plate for the aluminum case, in stainless steel
"85SP ALPS stainless steel positioning plate" = alps plate for the aluminum case, in stainless steel
"85SP stainless steel bending light shell" = bent plate case
"85SP stainless steel enclosure" = integrated steel case

If you click on each of the options on the Taobao page to see the price, the prices for each item match the switchplate.co prices, so you can double check the translations that way.

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #55 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 16:22:44 »
Does the PCB support holtite?

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #56 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 20:21:46 »
Does the PCB support holtite?

No holtites for this once since the pads are oval to accommodate alps and mx switches. 

Offline THRILLHOIAF

« Reply #57 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 21:02:34 »
joined! can't wait!   :D

Offline flying1911

« Reply #58 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 00:47:13 »
There's no distinction between the MX bent plate and ALPS bent plate in the Taobao link as in the Switchplate link. I would like some clarification before submitting the order. I'm going for the MX option by the way.

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #59 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 19:31:15 »
There's no distinction between the MX bent plate and ALPS bent plate in the Taobao link as in the Switchplate link. I would like some clarification before submitting the order. I'm going for the MX option by the way.

The taobao page won't have any links for colors or specs. You'll have to make an order with the respective items and put in the comment section for which exact plate you want. I know it's not really that well designed but it was slightly rushed as I wanted to get the GB moving.

Offline ihalatch

« Reply #60 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 19:34:50 »

The taobao page won't have any links for colors or specs. You'll have to make an order with the respective items and put in the comment section for which exact plate you want. I know it's not really that well designed but it was slightly rushed as I wanted to get the GB moving.

Any other alternatives for Australia? I don't want to use taobao . I can't read it. I had problems in the past with communication.

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 19:36:34 »

Any other alternatives for Australia? I don't want to use taobao . I can't read it. I had problems in the past with communication.

I'm willing to take international orders through switchplate, but just keep in mind that the taobao proxy is there to keep shipping costs down. If you don't mind paying a little more for shipping, I can take your order and ship it to you from the US.

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #62 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 22:22:11 »
Where is the switch located for the 6u spacebar layout? Is it center stem or offset?

Is it GMK sets that only have centered 6u and the other profiles are usually offset? Can't remember right now.

Offline Fiery

• Click Clack Clock
« Reply #63 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 02:55:51 »
Can you do mixed layouts like short left shift, and ansi enter? And split space bar is that possible?

CM QFTKL (MX Greens), Pok3r (MX Clears)

Offline llisandro

« Reply #64 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 05:41:59 »
Oh man this looks nice!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #65 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 08:21:35 »
Where is the switch located for the 6u spacebar layout? Is it center stem or offset?

Is it GMK sets that only have centered 6u and the other profiles are usually offset? Can't remember right now.

GMK has used offset until some recent sets which started offering centered.  For DSA, it is center stemmed but the stabilizer stems are much closer together than standard.  XDA is offset.  Dunno of any other MX profiles with 6u bars.

In any case I think it'd be better to just use the 7u bar since compatibility is much easier.
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 November 2017, 08:27:52 by a_ak57 »

Online Puddsy

• Foreman of the salt mine
  • * Exalted Elder
  • i paid a lewd art man money to draw this avatar
« Reply #66 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 17:14:42 »

GMK has used offset until some recent sets which started offering centered.  For DSA, it is center stemmed but the stabilizer stems are much closer together than standard.  XDA is offset.  Dunno of any other MX profiles with 6u bars.

In any case I think it'd be better to just use the 7u bar since compatibility is much easier.

DCS has 6u, with options for both centered and offset.
QFR (62g blacks) | MJ2 TKL | Realforce 87U | G81-3000 "Schumiboard" | Varmilo Bulgogiboard (Keycon 104) | KBD75 (MX silent blacks) | MIRA (soon!)

ahh, thanks puddsy. can always count on your snarky informitism

Add me on Steam | Add me on Battle.net: Puddsy#1914 | /u/Puddsy

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #67 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 22:52:04 »
Can you do mixed layouts like short left shift, and ansi enter? And split space bar is that possible?

Yeah, you can mix and match with layouts. We couldn't do a split shift since we needed space for the controller where one of the switches for the split space would be.

Offline CandyKeys

• CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 04:08:11 »
Guys, regarding underglow, we have the required strips for it.
Just contact our support team and we will provide you.
The CandyKeys Mechanical Keyboard Store

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 04:55:32 »
Could you explain what you are taking about? I thought the underglow was pre-installed?

Offline CandyKeys

• CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 09:36:26 »
Could you explain what you are taking about? I thought the underglow was pre-installed?

Let me check with the designer tonight, from what I understood is that it has Underglow support and not already installed meaning there are 4 pins that you need to connect the strips to and install on the bottom of the PCB
The CandyKeys Mechanical Keyboard Store

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 16:51:43 »

The underglow is pre-soldered as SMD LEDs when all the other SMD components are installed. There is an option to install additional LEDs through output pads on the board. The controller supports up to 32 LEDs.

Offline speaktobrett

« Reply #72 on: Fri, 10 November 2017, 23:00:58 »
The underglow is pre-soldered as SMD LEDs when all the other SMD components are installed. There is an option to install additional LEDs through output pads on the board. The controller supports up to 32 LEDs.

Not that this probably matters yet, but can you individually configure each smd led to have like a rainbow effect?

Similar to this?
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 November 2017, 23:05:05 by speaktobrett »

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #73 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 20:53:30 »
Yeah, you should be able to set it to a wave-like pattern with RGB as depicted above.

Offline ktrezzi

« Reply #74 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 01:17:55 »
GB ist Open till first of December right? I'd have to wait for my paycheck :D

Offline Phile Newbean

« Reply #75 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 11:56:42 »
What are the dimensions of the cases? Particularly the bent plate one. I'm looking to buy a palm rest for the keyboard but what are some good dimensions that will fit this keyboard without being to short/long?

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #76 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 18:56:35 »
GB ist Open till first of December right? I'd have to wait for my paycheck :D

Yep! Open till the first of December. The earlier you get your order in, the better. If we meet MOQ before the GB period ends, I can start production early and shorten the wait time.

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #77 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 18:57:51 »
What are the dimensions of the cases? Particularly the bent plate one. I'm looking to buy a palm rest for the keyboard but what are some good dimensions that will fit this keyboard without being to short/long?

Roughly 385mm wide and 15mm tall

Offline _rubik

« Reply #78 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 13:25:31 »
I'm pretty much ready to pull the trigger, but I am debating between the solid alu case and the bent case. Bent looks like a really nice low-budget alternative, but I feel like it'll flex like crazy. I'm also worried about the weight. Is there any noticeable flex? How much does it weigh fully assembled?

As for the alu cases: do we have any photos of the non-raw options, or do we have to use our imagination from the alu samples?
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 November 2017, 17:23:57 by _rubik »

Offline tuxkey

« Reply #79 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 14:14:08 »
it does look good . and i live in EU so finally something close to me  :thumb:
but i'm waiting for my dream layout.. nothing bigger than this for me.. TMK compatible of course..

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #80 on: Sat, 18 November 2017, 00:14:35 »
I got this question from a redditor: "What if I buy the PCB and the bent case. The PCB eventually make MOQ but the bent case doesn’t?"

Online OfTheWild

• Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #81 on: Sat, 18 November 2017, 04:19:30 »
Not sure how i'll like the left handed numpad at work but at this price point it sounds like a fun option to try out! Thanks for working on this  :thumb:
-Dana

Doorbell

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #82 on: Sat, 18 November 2017, 12:40:36 »
I have to say, I'm pretty disappointed that the Alps options are thoroughly DOA.  Was hoping to have the ability to throw some Matias Quiet Clicks in this to use as a work board, but guess it wasn't meant to be.

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #83 on: Sat, 18 November 2017, 17:20:11 »
I have to say, I'm pretty disappointed that the Alps options are thoroughly DOA.  Was hoping to have the ability to throw some Matias Quiet Clicks in this to use as a work board, but guess it wasn't meant to be.

I wouldn't say the Alps options are all completely dead just yet.  One of the issues with this group buy is that there are so many options, which makes it impossible for the least popular options to meet MOQ, but if you can convince those buyers to move over onto more popular options, then you can meet MOQ.  To give an example of what I mean, right now the Alps compatible plates have 2 orders in stainless, 2 in black aluminum, 1 in purple aluminum, and none in any of the other options for alps plates.  I don't think there's any chance of the stainless (at 2 out of 30) or purple aluminum (at 1 out of 8 ) meeting MOQ.  I'm planning on ordering two black Alps plates, which gets it to 4 out of an 8 MOQ.  If we can convince the two stainless orders and 1 purple order to get black aluminum, then all it takes is one more black alps aluminum plate order to meet MOQ, and we all win.

In fact, I just placed my order, so black aluminum Alps plates should be at least 4/8 the next time the table gets updated.  If you're thinking of ordering an Alps plate, I'd suggest getting black.

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #84 on: Sat, 18 November 2017, 22:28:28 »
I'm pretty much ready to pull the trigger, but I am debating between the solid alu case and the bent case. Bent looks like a really nice low-budget alternative, but I feel like it'll flex like crazy. I'm also worried about the weight. Is there any noticeable flex? How much does it weigh fully assembled?

As for the alu cases: do we have any photos of the non-raw options, or do we have to use our imagination from the alu samples?

At the moment, all I have for the alu cases are the color samples, but yeah, you'd have to sorta use your imagination for those.

As for the bent plate, there's not really that much noticeable flex, but compared to an aluminum case, the aluminum case has a completely different feel when typing. The key is that with the bent plate, you should build it with PCB mount switches. It makes all the difference in the world if you ask me.

Comparing the bent plates themselves, it's not much more flexible when you push down in the middle compared to a shorter 75 percent board since the cutouts on the front and back were reduced quite a bit to compensate for the length of the case.

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #85 on: Sat, 18 November 2017, 22:34:07 »

I wouldn't say the Alps options are all completely dead just yet.  One of the issues with this group buy is that there are so many options, which makes it impossible for the least popular options to meet MOQ, but if you can convince those buyers to move over onto more popular options, then you can meet MOQ.  To give an example of what I mean, right now the Alps compatible plates have 2 orders in stainless, 2 in black aluminum, 1 in purple aluminum, and none in any of the other options for alps plates.  I don't think there's any chance of the stainless (at 2 out of 30) or purple aluminum (at 1 out of 8 ) meeting MOQ.  I'm planning on ordering two black Alps plates, which gets it to 4 out of an 8 MOQ.  If we can convince the two stainless orders and 1 purple order to get black aluminum, then all it takes is one more black alps aluminum plate order to meet MOQ, and we all win.

In fact, I just placed my order, so black aluminum Alps plates should be at least 4/8 the next time the table gets updated.  If you're thinking of ordering an Alps plate, I'd suggest getting black.

Hey man, I got your order, Really appreciate it and this really helps the MOQ.

As far as the MOQ for alps boards, it looks like I might have to email everyone at the end and see if they want to move their order to the black anodized aluminum Alps plate. The only small issue I find is that the black aluminum plate is a few dollars more expensive compared to the stainless steel options, but I hope that people don't mind paying a few more dollars or giving up a color in order to make MOQ. If there are one or two plates that are left, I will definitely be getting at least 2 or 3 to keep in stock and one for myself as I'm leaning towards building one up with quiet clicks or SKCM blues.

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #86 on: Sat, 18 November 2017, 22:36:46 »
I got this question from a redditor: "What if I buy the PCB and the bent case. The PCB eventually make MOQ but the bent case doesn’t?"

At the moment, what I'm thinking is that I'll most likely have people from the integrated case choose between the bent case and the aluminum case if the MOQ isn't met for both. As for the rest of the order, I'll most likely dig into my own pocket and buy out the rest of the bent cases since I am pretty set on making the entry price point of 95 bucks a reality.

Offline _rubik

« Reply #87 on: Mon, 20 November 2017, 11:54:20 »

At the moment, all I have for the alu cases are the color samples, but yeah, you'd have to sorta use your imagination for those.

As for the bent plate, there's not really that much noticeable flex, but compared to an aluminum case, the aluminum case has a completely different feel when typing. The key is that with the bent plate, you should build it with PCB mount switches. It makes all the difference in the world if you ask me.

Comparing the bent plates themselves, it's not much more flexible when you push down in the middle compared to a shorter 75 percent board since the cutouts on the front and back were reduced quite a bit to compensate for the length of the case.

Thanks for getting back to me. I know this is entirely personal opinion, so indulge me anyway. Does the bent plate have an appealing feel.... Again, it's completely up to personal preference, but I worry that it'll feel a little light, cheap, etc? Does it hold it's own against the alu case, or is it really just a 'poor mans' option.

I say 'poor mans' in quotes... I do see the irony there.

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
  • absolutely radical
« Reply #88 on: Mon, 20 November 2017, 11:58:08 »
If the integrated plate case doesn't happen can I buy yours  :)) :p

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #89 on: Mon, 20 November 2017, 22:28:33 »

Thanks for getting back to me. I know this is entirely personal opinion, so indulge me anyway. Does the bent plate have an appealing feel.... Again, it's completely up to personal preference, but I worry that it'll feel a little light, cheap, etc? Does it hold it's own against the alu case, or is it really just a 'poor mans' option.

I say 'poor mans' in quotes... I do see the irony there.

I would say that the bent plate is definitely not a "poor man's" option. It's more of a feel preference imo. I don't know how to put it, but comparing an xd84 on a bent plate with a CNC case (same build; PCB mount gat blues, etc...), they're very different. There is of course still flex in the aluminum case from the plate and pcb flexing between the mount points, but on the bent case, it's a different kind of flex. Both of these aren't really noticeable, but you can tell when you use the two of them side by side. They feel ever so slightly different on bottom out and the sound is definitely different. My word of advice would be to build with PCB mount switches regardless of whichever option you get since I've had a lot of success with that on all the builds I've completed that way.

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #90 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 22:27:22 »
Two Week update

We're two weeks in with two weeks to go. 10 more orders to MOQ. Lets do this.

Small changes have been made so everyone is aware. The biggest change is the redesign on the risers and bottom of the case. After some review, there wasn't enough material on the front of the 4 degree riser to accommodate a screw so we reversed the design with the case being threaded and the side with the riser taking the screw. The risers have also been slightly redesigned so that the legs would sit flush with the bottom chamfer of the case.

ATTENTION ASIA AND OCEANIA CUSTOMERS

After some talking with KP, we decided to go another route with the orders that were placed in non-chinese speaking parts of asia and oceania. Please order on the switchplate peripherals website and pick the "Asia/Oceania Dropship" option. We will bill you for shipping afterwards. To get a quick idea of how much shipping will be, we're using SF express which is insanely faster and insanely better than epacket since we don't have enough constant volume for the DHL reduced rate shipping. Check shipping costs at the link below. Rough weights for the each item will also be posted below, but just keep in mind that packaging will add to volumetric weight and space.

These orders will be processed by me, then the orders will be forwarded to KP, the same vendor on Taobao and shipped by them. The items are shipping out of Beijing and will be shipped around the same time as the US and EU orders.

AL Case - 900g
Bent Plate - 480g
Integrated Case - 900g
PCB - 150g
Stainless Steel Plate - 125g
Aluminum Plate - 80g

http://www.sf-express.com/cn/en/dynamic_function/price/

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #91 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 23:11:33 »

If you haven't ordered yet, I've gone to a different system. Check my post above this.