Author Topic: [GB] Southpaw Extended 65% - Shipping/Remanufacturing - Major Update - 5/9/18  (Read 34729 times)

Online Harms

TMK keymap generator is not recognizing my keyboard. I used a paper clip to initiate the reset. I know that the keyboard is in boot loader mode and my computer recognizes it.

Because on device manager "ATmega32U4" shows up under Atmel devices.

On top of that I have the chrome extension installed as well.

Have you updated the USB driver with zadig? The device manager should show "ATmega32u4dfu" if I recall correctly.

Also, double check that there aren't any errors in your layout. Box outline should be green.
Thanks for the help. I updated the drivers and restarted my PC. I then was able to flash the layout and it read my keyboard.

However, I flash it successfully and the meter goes to 100%, but the layout remains unchanged and it stays as the default layout.

Confusing right.

Have you tried flashing it using the TKG toolkit that does everything offline? That would be a pretty surefire option. It requires you download the files from the compiler and then flash them with the utility that's in the toolkit. I've linked it below.

https://github.com/kairyu/tkg-toolkit

Thanks for the suggestion. It still does not want to behave.

I'm able to flash fine. At least it seems like.

Here is the log.

layout (Fn layer for reference):
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 July 2018, 01:05:53 by Harms »

Online reconsiderit

• I'm actually not left handed www.switchplate.co
TMK keymap generator is not recognizing my keyboard. I used a paper clip to initiate the reset. I know that the keyboard is in boot loader mode and my computer recognizes it.

Have you updated the USB driver with zadig? The device manager should show "ATmega32u4dfu" if I recall correctly.

Also, double check that there aren't any errors in your layout. Box outline should be green.
Thanks for the help. I updated the drivers and restarted my PC. I then was able to flash the layout and it read my keyboard.

However, I flash it successfully and the meter goes to 100%, but the layout remains unchanged and it stays as the default layout.

Confusing right.

Have you tried flashing it using the TKG toolkit that does everything offline? That would be a pretty surefire option. It requires you download the files from the compiler and then flash them with the utility that's in the toolkit. I've linked it below.

Here is the log.
Show Image

Show Image

Do you have a screenshot of when you compiled the layout in TKG? I think the FN settings could be the cause of the issue.

Online Harms

Confusing right.

Here is the log.
Show Image

Show Image

Do you have a screenshot of when you compiled the layout in TKG? I think the FN settings could be the cause of the issue.
I hope it is ahaaha.

Offline flyingalbatross1

Can you clarify what bottom row layout works with a 7u space?

is it 1.25/1.25/1.25 as you would normally expect? or only the 1.25/1.25/1.5(?) that's shown on keyboard layout editor?

it's not 100% clear what's to the left, would this work: http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/gists/06eecf26b32970478f3e773e52dfa3d1
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 July 2018, 14:30:47 by flyingalbatross1 »

Online reconsiderit

• I'm actually not left handed www.switchplate.co
Can you clarify what bottom row layout works with a 7u space?

is it 1.25/1.25/1.25 as you would normally expect? or only the 1.25/1.25/1.5(?) that's shown on keyboard layout editor?

it's not 100% clear what's to the left, would this work: http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/gists/06eecf26b32970478f3e773e52dfa3d1

With the current plates, the only layouts that work should be the 1.25/1.25/1.25 and 1.25/1.25/1.5. The second of those should work with a 7u space, giving you 1.25/1.25/1.5/7/1/1 bottom row.