Author Topic: Teardown - Futaba MA series "clicky switch"  (Read 2186 times)

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
Teardown - Futaba MA series "clicky switch"
« on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 12:43:28 »
Kicking off the new year with a new installment in the Teardown series - this time we're looking at Futaba MA! Hope you enjoy the video! :)

Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline EscapeVelocity

• Antiquarian
Re: Teardown - Futaba MA series "clicky switch"
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 23:50:24 »
Nice!  I didnt like the Futaba switches when I came across them in keyboard which was in good shape (I think it was a Focus 2001 but cant remember). They were some loud motherf*ckers though!  I didnt particularly like the keyfeel.  But I didnt hate them either. I just had better keyboards.

Offline Tactile

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 00:06:25 »
I had a board with these made by Seijin (Did I spell that right?). The board was labelled Hyundai and I loved the sound, which was very similar to the old Kaypro II keyboard. The BAE would bind up if you didn't hit it just right (Don't they all?).
REΛLFORCE

Offline rich1051414

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 03:39:38 »
I think these switches ascend to a higher form once they start going linear. They are better linear switches than they are clicky switches.
Siig Minitouch with Orange Alps, Whitefox 60% Zealios 67g, Realforce 87U 55g Topre, LFK SMK/Alps TKL With SMK 2nd Gen Cherry MX mount switches, NEC APC-H412 NEC Blue Ovals, Unicomp Model-M Spacesaver, XMIT Hall Effect, WASD Code Cherry MX Clear, KBDFans75 Lubed Gateron Greens, Azio MGK L80 Kailh Brown, XD84 Pale Blue Box Kailh, NIB Pingmaster TMK Converted, KPrepublic XD96 Blue aluminum case with Jade Box Kailh

Offline EscapeVelocity

• Antiquarian
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 01 February 2018, 23:58:22 »
I remember which model keyboard I had these in.  It was a Chicony 5191 in fantastic condition.

Not a bad switch, could use it happily, but I prefer almost any Alps to it.  So I sold it and moved on.