Author Topic: GH60 Satan with HIDDEN USB THUMBDRIVE IN THE CASE!  (Read 1920 times)

Offline WudUpA

GH60 Satan with HIDDEN USB THUMBDRIVE IN THE CASE!
« on: Mon, 29 January 2018, 22:54:03 »
Hi All,

I'm new at this.  I dont even know if I am posting in the correct place. I apologize if i am not and hopefully you will direct me to the correct place.

I'm posting because I am building a GH60 Satan keyboard.  I haven't received all the parts yet.  I was daydreaming about how I am going to build the keyboard and I got a crazy idea to hide a USB thumbdrive under the keyboard.  I want to wire it so that when you plug in the keyboard, it looks like just the keyboard is connected...but actually, there is a keyboard and thumbdrive connected to the computer. 

To achieve this, I wanted to buy a octopus usb hub, disassemble it for space saving.  Then directly connect it to the PCB.   

this is a link to the usb hub that i was thinking about putting inside the case and wiring it to the pcb of the keyboard.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-0-External-Hub-4-ports-High-Speed-Hi-Speed-Octopus-Black-Adapter/131458937648?epid=1400304488&hash=item1e9b903330:g:jkYAAOSw43haH5uc

I am using a datamancer wooden case.  there appears to be plenty of room in the case for something like this to work.  What do you guys think?  Is it possible? 

Offline hasu

• @tmk
    • tmk keyboard firmware project
Re: GH60 Satan with HIDDEN USB THUMBDRIVE IN THE CASE!
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 31 January 2018, 22:47:30 »
Welcome to Geekhack!
Unfortunately you are on totally wrong board :D

Post it on "Making Stuff Together!" board again if you still need help.
https://geekhack.org/index.php?board=117.0

TMK products:HHKB Alt  ⌨ConvertersAlps64FC660C AltFC980C Alt

Offline WudUpA

Re: GH60 Satan with HIDDEN USB THUMBDRIVE IN THE CASE!
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 01 February 2018, 00:24:19 »
Thanks, I had a feeling that this wasn't the correct board. Thats is why I put the little disclaimer in the beginning.