Author Topic: Linking Classified Ad to Classified Discussions ?  (Read 1393 times)

Offline Dirty Bint

Linking Classified Ad to Classified Discussions ?
« on: Mon, 05 April 2010, 04:35:32 »
Hi,

Can somebody please explain the protocol with the "Classified Ads" and the "Classified Discussions"? They seem to run in parallel and I wondered if there was a forum setting that created the classified discussion topic automatically from the classified ad.

Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask the above question but I have placed a WTB ad for a keyboard so this section seemed the logical place for my question. If a mod wishes to move the topic please do so.

Thx
Dirty Bint
I\'m so filthy, I\'m disgusting.

Offline sixty

• http://deskthority.net
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 05 April 2010, 06:42:11 »
There is a bot (who also happens to be the only one with permissions to post new topics in the classified discussion section) who is supposed to take care of exactly this automatically. The problem is that it breaks about every two weeks. Usually at some point iMav will take care of it and fix it, then it will break again two weeks later :)

I had previously already suggested to just get rid of the silly marketplace addon along with the bot, since it makes things unnecessary complex and just use a normal forum for classifieds. But it seems like iMav prefers the current setup.

Offline Dirty Bint

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 05 April 2010, 06:54:27 »
sixty,

OK, thx for the info on the process.

Rgds
Dirty Bint
I\'m so filthy, I\'m disgusting.