Author Topic: [GB] F62+F77 orders now open! New Kishsaver+Industrial Model F Keyboards  (Read 404111 times)

martihnus and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Ellipse

Re: [GB] F62+F77 orders now open! New Kishsaver+Industrial Model F Keyboards
« Reply #2300 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 17:57:32 »
Also it was noted that the Fn key has to have Fn1 selected in the drop down menu on both the Base Layer and Layer 1 of the xwhatsit GUI.  If it is not selected in Layer 1 as well, you may get the issue you describe.

Offline raymogi

« Reply #2301 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 18:39:26 »
I went through the steps above at least 10 times and it is still happening. Tried going down to 100v and chaos happened lol. Internet Explorer opened up by itself and it opened almost infinite tabs.

But right now, I'm typing this with my F62. The thing that fixed it, after that chaos happened and my keymap seems to be reset, is I flashed the keymap that Ellipse provided in the download link. It's all good now :)
Please feed my addiction.

Offline tron

« Reply #2302 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 18:56:27 »
I went through the steps above at least 10 times and it is still happening. Tried going down to 100v and chaos happened lol. Internet Explorer opened up by itself and it opened almost infinite tabs.

But right now, I'm typing this with my F62. The thing that fixed it, after that chaos happened and my keymap seems to be reset, is I flashed the keymap that Ellipse provided in the download link. It's all good now :)

Exact same thing can happen with beamspring keyboards using xwhatsit. I've had to quickly plug the board in, launch the GUI and hit emergency hault before the explosion of keypresses/windows hit ;D

« Last Edit: Tue, 28 January 2020, 18:58:00 by tron »

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #2303 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 19:09:55 »

Was Internet Explorer trying to murder your computer due to your neglect of it? I'm going to go with that, because it amuses me.

Offline raymogi

« Reply #2304 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 19:41:15 »

Was Internet Explorer trying to murder your computer due to your neglect of it? I'm going to go with that, because it amuses me.

lol yeah probably. I saw that Emergency button and afraid to press it. I thought it's meant for something else.

Oh well now I'm all set. Put my SSK keycaps in and I'm already back to my 110 wpm on this board.

Let's just say it's worth the 4 years wait :)
Please feed my addiction.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #2305 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 19:53:09 »
lol yeah probably. I saw that Emergency button and afraid to press it. I thought it's meant for something else.

Oh well now I'm all set. Put my SSK keycaps in and I'm already back to my 110 wpm on this board.

Let's just say it's worth the 4 years wait :)

I bet, I'm jealous.

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #2306 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 21:29:07 »
Glad it's up and running raymogi!

For most F62's I recommend debounce 6 firmware, threshold set to manual and a value between 122-126.  Anything lower is unnecessary for F62/F77 and will cause issues (lower threshold is required for some IBM F107's and maybe F122's if I recall correctly).  If you go too low and did not click store to eeprom, need to restart your computer and it should go back to your last stored value.  If you go too low and saved to eeprom, need to start your computer with keyboard unplugged, short PROG on the xwhatsit controller and keeping it shorted (can use a screwdriver or paper clip to short the two pads of prog), then connect it to USB, wait 1-2 seconds MAXIMUM, then remove the shorting of prog.  will cause error device descriptor failed if you hold it shorted too long. 

If you hold down a key and the gray square flickers in xwhatsit, need to change the threshold higher or lower (always click store to EEPROM after changing the threshold).  If no combination between 120-126 works reliably without flicker, may need to flash debounce 11 firmware with other settings the same.  Be sure to set the column skips 9-15 for F62 and 11-15 for F77 and click store to EEPROM before anything else.
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 January 2020, 21:32:45 by Ellipse »