Author Topic: [GB] budget96 - Extras Available  (Read 82536 times)

Offline digiNZM

Re: [GB] budget96 - Extras Available
« Reply #400 on: Mon, 30 September 2019, 14:27:58 »
Im curious why this was not submitted to QMK so that others could benefit. I'll be building my b96 pretty soon too.

Its now merged in QMK. Happy building your b96!

Offline pixelpusher

« Reply #401 on: Mon, 30 September 2019, 16:11:51 »
Im curious why this was not submitted to QMK so that others could benefit. I'll be building my b96 pretty soon too.

Its now merged in QMK. Happy building your b96!

Woop woop!

Offline draecas

« Reply #402 on: Fri, 04 October 2019, 15:56:40 »
I'm having some issues with my board and I'm curious if anyone has any ideas.

When I plug my board in, I get a very, very short RGB fiash, then the keyboard goes dead. It then will remain dead on unplug/replug until I let it sit unplugged for a while.

I've looked and I don't see any solder bridging, but I might be missing something. Any ideas what might cause something like this, so I could narrow my investigation down?

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
  • I have ideas. Sometimes they're even good ideas.
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #403 on: Fri, 04 October 2019, 16:27:35 »

When I plug my board in, I get a very, very short RGB fiash, then the keyboard goes dead. It then will remain dead on unplug/replug until I let it sit unplugged for a while.

I've looked and I don't see any solder bridging, but I might be missing something. Any ideas what might cause something like this, so I could narrow my investigation down?

Does holding LCtrl while plugging it it set it to bootloader and detected by BMC still? Sounds like a signal issue and I'm thinking either firmware could use a reflash or your connection to the board is being finicky.

Offline kmfmppl

« Reply #404 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 12:48:05 »
Finally received my board today, and both middle and hipro layers are broken at multiple points. Pretty disappointing.

Offline draecas

« Reply #405 on: Thu, 17 October 2019, 17:46:22 »

Does holding LCtrl while plugging it it set it to bootloader and detected by BMC still? Sounds like a signal issue and I'm thinking either firmware could use a reflash or your connection to the board is being finicky.

I had it working ok for a little while, but now it's back to this original issue. Holding down LCtrl while plugging in does not make it show up in BMC.

When plugging it in, some of the underglow LEDs flash on for a fraction of a second. It changes which ones light up every time, and as I repeat plugging in they eventually stop.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #406 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 15:30:55 »

I had it working ok for a little while, but now it's back to this original issue. Holding down LCtrl while plugging in does not make it show up in BMC.

When plugging it in, some of the underglow LEDs flash on for a fraction of a second. It changes which ones light up every time, and as I repeat plugging in they eventually stop.

That sounds like a connection issue, maybe in the cable/port or possibly a cold solder joint at the controller that didn't show up until a few power cycles. Try plugging in the board while pressing on the controller; if it powers on like normal then the issue is probably there, if not then it could be something like the fuse choking power for some reason. Maybe also try wiggling the cable around in the port while it's plugged in to see if it does anything.

Finally received my board today, and both middle and hipro layers are broken at multiple points. Pretty disappointing.

Sorry to hear about that, the thick frost really didn't have a fun time in shipping for several orders. I presume you're one of the EU orders due to when you've received your order, hit up David of Mechboards.co.uk, he's looking to run some acrylic for EU orders that were affected.
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 October 2019, 15:32:38 by donutcat »

Offline kmfmppl

« Reply #407 on: Tue, 22 October 2019, 03:17:15 »

Sorry to hear about that, the thick frost really didn't have a fun time in shipping for several orders. I presume you're one of the EU orders due to when you've received your order, hit up David of Mechboards.co.uk, he's looking to run some acrylic for EU orders that were affected.

Will do, thanks for your reply :thumb:

Offline Samacle

« Reply #408 on: Wed, 23 October 2019, 20:00:56 »
I've been having some issues with keys on row 13 (U,I,F10,} etc.) stopping working after some time. I re-soldered those switches which initially seemed to fix the problem but then after 30 minutes or so the same issue would reappear. I started poking around and jumping switches with a wire and eventually managed to regain functionality for a while although I don't know what specifically solved it. After transporting the keyboard in a rucksack, the issue reappeared.

I've noticed that if I apply pressure from below the pcb near the caps-lock lshift area i can get the keys to register. This stops working when I let go.

Any ideas?

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #409 on: Wed, 23 October 2019, 21:42:26 »
I've been having some issues with keys on row 13 (U,I,F10,} etc.) stopping working after some time. I re-soldered those switches which initially seemed to fix the problem but then after 30 minutes or so the same issue would reappear. I started poking around and jumping switches with a wire and eventually managed to regain functionality for a while although I don't know what specifically solved it. After transporting the keyboard in a rucksack, the issue reappeared.

I've noticed that if I apply pressure from below the pcb near the caps-lock lshift area i can get the keys to register. This stops working when I let go.

Any ideas?

Sounds like it may be a cold joint right at the controller. May be lucky enough to just touch the pin with the iron to reflow it and it'll be fine.

It's this top corner pin here.
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 October 2019, 01:36:30 by donutcat »

Offline chris_1865

« Reply #410 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 14:48:52 »
Hi! I've recently finding a 96 keyboard kit and interested in Budget96, but I have a few questions on it:
1. I know the middle arcylic case is sold out. Is there any imformation about the arcylic plate so that I can DIY myself or appoint to local makers? (Inmformation be like dimesion, hole size etc.)
2. Does the case kit contain all the elememts like screws if I built in "skeleton" style?

Thx for answering!

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #411 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 20:18:23 »
Hi! I've recently finding a 96 keyboard kit and interested in Budget96, but I have a few questions on it:
1. I know the middle arcylic case is sold out. Is there any imformation about the arcylic plate so that I can DIY myself or appoint to local makers? (Inmformation be like dimesion, hole size etc.)
2. Does the case kit contain all the elememts like screws if I built in "skeleton" style?

Thx for answering!

1. I've got the cut files for the mid at https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FyLKrgFOsQkQp3bT5wgdpDVxjnD7ePCH and I'll also make sure this link makes it to the first post. This'll let you send the cut file to a cutting service or Jolimon himself and get a mid cut for it. Stock mid size is 9mm thick but that's a bit hard to come by so you may want to go 3x 3mm.

2. Case kit includes both plates, standoffs, screws, and bumpons; everything needed to assemble a functional case for the board. Do note that if you get a middle cut you'll need slightly different standoffs; The ones for the middle are skinnier to allow more thickness on the cut middles for durability, the included ones for the skeleton case are slightly bigger to better hold up the plates because of the countersunk hole size.