Author Topic: [GB] budget96 - Waiting for PayPal to do stuff  (Read 35523 times)

Darkstar77, Blar and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline lollipoplouie

Re: [GB] budget96 - Waiting for PayPal to do stuff
« Reply #250 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 01:11:26 »
donut do you have any current updates for us? I know you said it could take till the 21st but was curious if anything happened.

Nothing on the PCBs currently, the disputes are still marked as "Under Review". There was a little notification that there was an update on the 5th, but nothing has changed on them so I think it's just someone looked at the dispute to see if there was any changes on either side.

There is some "good" news, depending on how you look at it, on the plates dispute, which was resolved mostly in my favor. So using the available funds from that dispute, any order that included plates will be receiving a 15% refund on them applied to their shipping invoice for the cosmetic issues, and I'll be going through the same process of cherry-picking through them to make sure no one gets the worst of them.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I've been toying around with the idea of a sticker to go with the kits that's like "I survived Murphy's-Law-96 and all I got was this lousy sticker" or something like that.
Hey at least one of the disputes is handled, haha! Also, I am in full support of the sticker idea!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #251 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 03:12:12 »
donut do you have any current updates for us? I know you said it could take till the 21st but was curious if anything happened.

Nothing on the PCBs currently, the disputes are still marked as "Under Review". There was a little notification that there was an update on the 5th, but nothing has changed on them so I think it's just someone looked at the dispute to see if there was any changes on either side.

There is some "good" news, depending on how you look at it, on the plates dispute, which was resolved mostly in my favor. So using the available funds from that dispute, any order that included plates will be receiving a 15% refund on them applied to their shipping invoice for the cosmetic issues, and I'll be going through the same process of cherry-picking through them to make sure no one gets the worst of them.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I've been toying around with the idea of a sticker to go with the kits that's like "I survived Murphy's-Law-96 and all I got was this lousy sticker" or something like that.

Sounds really good to me and I like the idea of the sticker! I starting to think 96 kits are cursed. I yet to see one go thought that didn't have some type of problem with the manufacture.

Offline johntron25

« Reply #252 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 12:22:07 »
9 more days until Paypal dispute is complete....
I sure hope our orders are boxed and ready to be shipped...

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
  • I have ideas. Sometimes they're even good ideas.
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #253 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 15:11:16 »
Well, got an update sooner than anticipated, and it's unfortunately not as good as I was hoping for. PayPal's wanting me to find a "qualified expert" to look at the PCBs and tell them the same thing I told them and even showed them in the pictures I included in with the dispute information, because apparently it takes an "expert" to tell them that all the PCBs are at minimum visually defective and potentially functionally defective. I guess now I'll be looking for someone that meets their requirements for an "expert" and go from there. One day things will go as they should, but I guess I won't count on it being any time soon.

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• ADK64 man
« Reply #254 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 16:23:48 »
Get ai03 or hiney... Someone that has a shop and sells pcbs

Offline notFREEfood

« Reply #255 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 16:53:43 »

Knowing how everything has gone so far, is tempting fate really such a good idea?

Online pixelpusher

• Formerly known as reececonrad
« Reply #256 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 16:55:12 »
Well, got an update sooner than anticipated, and it's unfortunately not as good as I was hoping for. PayPal's wanting me to find a "qualified expert" to look at the PCBs and tell them the same thing I told them and even showed them in the pictures I included in with the dispute information, because apparently it takes an "expert" to tell them that all the PCBs are at minimum visually defective and potentially functionally defective. I guess now I'll be looking for someone that meets their requirements for an "expert" and go from there. One day things will go as they should, but I guess I won't count on it being any time soon.

Lame.  It definitely sounds like 1 of 2 possible things.  Either the manuf. is telling them the PCBs are fine, or someone at paypal is too lazy to actually look at the photos. 
:)

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #257 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 18:27:07 »

Perhaps I am mistaken but Donut wouldn't you count as a expert? I mean you run a shop that sells components and have't you designed a PCB. I mean if that doesn't make you expert I don't know what does. I also agree its either manufacture trying to weasel there way out or paypal being lazy, my money is on paypal being lazy.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
  • I have ideas. Sometimes they're even good ideas.
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #258 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 21:36:57 »
Perhaps I am mistaken but Donut wouldn't you count as a expert? I mean you run a shop that sells components and have't you designed a PCB. I mean if that doesn't make you expert I don't know what does. I also agree its either manufacture trying to weasel there way out or paypal being lazy, my money is on paypal being lazy.

Having not made it more than a few semesters into ECE, not only do I not have the official credentials they're asking for, but my opinion would likely be too biased for their liking seeing as I'm involved.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #259 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 00:47:23 »

Having not made it more than a few semesters into ECE, not only do I not have the official credentials they're asking for, but my opinion would likely be too biased for their liking seeing as I'm involved.

Makes since and is total BS its on you as the customer to prove that its not correct specially since your showing them a damaged product. 

Offline eyeball

« Reply #260 on: Sun, 17 February 2019, 17:42:14 »
I see some people selling these. How does that work? The person paypals you and donut switches your order to the buyer? Looking to get out of this one if I can.

1 Black PCB, Black Plates, 1 Case Kit, 1 Hipro Layer, 1 GMK Stab Set

Offline ryanh

« Reply #261 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 09:45:26 »
I see some people selling these. How does that work? The person paypals you and donut switches your order to the buyer? Looking to get out of this one if I can.

1 Black PCB, Black Plates, 1 Case Kit, 1 Hipro Layer, 1 GMK Stab Set

I bought another user's spot, and that's basically it.  Work out getting payment between the two users, then you both message donut to confirm.  He'll get things moved over on his end.

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #262 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 16:38:17 »
I don't need these anymore, either. Selling the board they were gonna be replacements for.

I have 1x matte black and 1x purple pcb. Contact me here or on discord tanvir175#0001