Author Topic: HS60 PCB - Hotswap 60% with SMD RGB LED's (V2 Preorder LIVE - 24th Oct)  (Read 37087 times)

Offline ryancopenhaver

Re: HS60 PCB - Hotswap 60% with SMD RGB LED's (V2 Preorder LIVE - 24th Oct)
« Reply #250 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 04:36:12 »
I am having the worst time trying to flash my firmware on this thing.

I want to use VIA, but it doesn't have a lot of capabilities I need for this PCB, and it only has 3 layers on VIA?

Anyways, I keep trying to flash it and I keep getting an error stating "Cannot open DFU device 0483:df11 No DFU capable USB device available."

I have purchased two of these PCBs: One through mechboards and another through NovelKeys, and both are having this issue.

Is there something that I'm missing? I even went to the Keebtalk discussion and went through dfu-util with the posted arguments and still getting this error. I have also attempted flashing through QMK Toolbox as well as the command line. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Are you hitting the button on the back before you flash it?  Either that or hold esc while you plug it in?
Yep, tried just about every combination on this thing. Kept following the instructions to RESET/FLASH by holding Esc while unplugged, then plugging in while holding Esc still to flash the PCB. Also tried holding the physical button on the back to flash, and even used  Fn +] for the RESET mapping from the layout that I can get in VIA. No success on any of those.

The weird thing is that when QMK Toolbox is running, it lists the PCB being in DFU mode. However, dfu-util - - list states that no DFU devices were found. Attempting to flash both ways shows the error above.

Normally, I'm pretty good with this stuff, but this one has me stumped. I've got $200 in PCBs that I can't use

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
« Reply #251 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 04:50:28 »

I want to use VIA, but it doesn't have a lot of capabilities I need for this PCB, and it only has 3 layers on VIA?

Anyways, I keep trying to flash it and I keep getting an error stating "Cannot open DFU device 0483:df11 No DFU capable USB device available."

I have purchased two of these PCBs: One through mechboards and another through NovelKeys, and both are having this issue.

Is there something that I'm missing? I even went to the Keebtalk discussion and went through dfu-util with the posted arguments and still getting this error. I have also attempted flashing through QMK Toolbox as well as the command line. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Are you hitting the button on the back before you flash it?  Either that or hold esc while you plug it in?
Yep, tried just about every combination on this thing. Kept following the instructions to RESET/FLASH by holding Esc while unplugged, then plugging in while holding Esc still to flash the PCB. Also tried holding the physical button on the back to flash, and even used  Fn +] for the RESET mapping from the layout that I can get in VIA. No success on any of those.

The weird thing is that when QMK Toolbox is running, it lists the PCB being in DFU mode. However, dfu-util - - list states that no DFU devices were found. Attempting to flash both ways shows the error above.

Normally, I'm pretty good with this stuff, but this one has me stumped. I've got $200 in PCBs that I can't use

Hey Ryan, try this:
firstly download https://zadig.akeo.ie/
then put the keyboard in flashing mode
esc+usb thing
open zadig
from devices select STM32 BOOTLOADER
from driver select  libusbK
press reinstall driver
let it do its thing
now qmk toolbox should work as expected
This is an issue with windows 10 installing a slightly different variant of the libusb driver, literally by random chance
some pcs work straight away some don't

Offline ryancopenhaver

« Reply #252 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 21:44:43 »

Hey Ryan, try this:
firstly download https://zadig.akeo.ie/
then put the keyboard in flashing mode
esc+usb thing
open zadig
from devices select STM32 BOOTLOADER
from driver select  libusbK
press reinstall driver
let it do its thing
now qmk toolbox should work as expected
This is an issue with windows 10 installing a slightly different variant of the libusb driver, literally by random chance
some pcs work straight away some don't
Brilliant...it works! I have successfully flashed on both PCBs with this solution.

It is always a driver issue for me. I should know this by now, but I greatly appreciate the both of you for reaching out and helping.

Thank you so much for solving my problem!

Offline GoatMaster

• Formerly Franatic89
« Reply #253 on: Thu, 28 March 2019, 07:34:13 »
How can I enable the backlight of capslock as capslock indicator?

I found the option in the qmk firmware documentation but I don't know where to set it.

https://docs.qmk.fm/#/feature_backlight?id=configuration

Offline stanrc

« Reply #254 on: Thu, 28 March 2019, 08:33:03 »
The only way right now is to hardcode in the zeal60/rgb_backlight.c file.  You can see the way I did it here: https://github.com/stanrc85/qmk_firmware/blob/72252a2051e8a756487419b4aeb6ebaa1edc3299/keyboards/zeal60/rgb_backlight.c#L77

Offline GoatMaster

• Formerly Franatic89
« Reply #255 on: Thu, 28 March 2019, 09:38:26 »
The only way right now is to hardcode in the zeal60/rgb_backlight.c file.  You can see the way I did it here: https://github.com/stanrc85/qmk_firmware/blob/72252a2051e8a756487419b4aeb6ebaa1edc3299/keyboards/zeal60/rgb_backlight.c#L77

Thank you. I than have to compile the firmware by myself?

Offline stanrc

« Reply #256 on: Thu, 28 March 2019, 10:50:25 »
Yeah unfortunately.  After that you could go back to using VIA since that won't affect it.

Offline Cee

« Reply #257 on: Mon, 01 April 2019, 10:54:39 »
Trying to find an ANSI board. Will they ever go back in stock?

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
« Reply #258 on: Mon, 01 April 2019, 19:03:57 »
Trying to find an ANSI board. Will they ever go back in stock?

Check NovelKeys. We will be ordering more in the next couple of months with small changes (USB-C, glued connector, for example)

Offline enrique.aliaga

« Reply #259 on: Mon, 01 April 2019, 19:49:32 »
HS60 v3 on the roadmap? With more layouts maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ptiede

« Reply #260 on: Mon, 01 April 2019, 20:07:25 »
I ordered an HHKB HS60 from mechkeys.ca and still haven't received my board. I tried to private message you and mechkeys.ca and haven't gotten a reply yet. Where should I try to contact you to give my order number and such?
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 April 2019, 20:09:25 by ptiede »

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
« Reply #261 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 04:18:28 »
I ordered an HHKB HS60 from mechkeys.ca and still haven't received my board. I tried to private message you and mechkeys.ca and haven't gotten a reply yet. Where should I try to contact you to give my order number and such?

Hmm that's weird - I haven't received any PM's from you that i can see. Email us at info@mechboards.co.uk and we'll try and sort it.
Cheers

Offline GoatMaster

• Formerly Franatic89
« Reply #262 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 07:28:24 »
Yeah unfortunately.  After that you could go back to using VIA since that won't affect it.

Is it possible to make the settings with help of this website?

https://kbfirmware.com/

Offline stanrc

« Reply #263 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 07:34:08 »

No, I don't believe so.  That version of QMK is a few years out of date anyways. I could send you a bin file of the default keymap with the RGB changes you want and then you can use VIA to adjust the keymap easily.

Offline GoatMaster

• Formerly Franatic89
« Reply #264 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 07:53:12 »

No, I don't believe so.  That version of QMK is a few years out of date anyways. I could send you a bin file of the default keymap with the RGB changes you want and then you can use VIA to adjust the keymap easily.

This would be nice! Thank you.

Offline stanrc

« Reply #265 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 08:21:43 »

This would be nice! Thank you.

Pm'ed

« Reply #266 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 04:39:11 »
Is there any hope for next run?

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
« Reply #267 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 04:54:59 »

Getting more ANSI/HHKB sorted at the moment. Hopefully next month sometime.

« Reply #268 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 07:54:41 »

Yepp, waiting for HHKB one, thanks for info.

Offline enrique.aliaga

« Reply #269 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 08:37:49 »
Any chance of a WKL layout with 2u Backspace and split Right Shift? Basically, an HHKB with 2u Backspace.

Offline pixelpusher

« Reply #270 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 09:17:01 »

Glad to hear it.  I have 2 and I'm interested in picking up a third!
:)

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
« Reply #271 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 17:02:56 »
one of my led's doesn't do the RED color anymore. any tips on how I can fix it?

Offline enrique.aliaga

« Reply #272 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 17:08:29 »
one of my led's doesn't do the RED color anymore. any tips on how I can fix it?

Reach out to Yiancar on Mechboards’ Discord.

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #273 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 15:37:50 »
Can anyone tell me how I'm supposed to save changes through the VIA configurator and save the keymap? I can change LED settings and save them and then unplug the keyboard and those are saved, but it never saves my keymap changes. All I want to do is set my esc key to actually function like an escape key.

Offline pixelpusher

« Reply #274 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 16:56:23 »
Can anyone tell me how I'm supposed to save changes through the VIA configurator and save the keymap? I can change LED settings and save them and then unplug the keyboard and those are saved, but it never saves my keymap changes. All I want to do is set my esc key to actually function like an escape key.

Sounds like the same issue I was having.  You'll need to press the button on the back of the board and flash updated firmware.

The bin files are on this page to get it updated.

https://mechboards.co.uk/info-hs60/
:)

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #275 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 17:16:50 »

Sounds like the same issue I was having.  You'll need to press the button on the back of the board and flash updated firmware.

The bin files are on this page to get it updated.

https://mechboards.co.uk/info-hs60/

Thanks for the help! I ended up flashing it through QMK and that worked fine. Nice to have a functioning board that's fully usable now!