Author Topic: [GB] Modern M0110 custom keyboard  (Read 136539 times)

Offline Starius

Re: [GB] Modern M0110 custom keyboard
« Reply #550 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 19:27:57 »
I really should get in the habit of getting extra plates in the first place, I donít know why I havenít done so. 
If extras do run out, will files be provided the plate making services out there?

You can download the plate design here! https://github.com/deskcandy/modern-m0110

Thanks for pointing that out, eyedrop!  :thumb:

Offline deskcandy

• Keyboards your way.
    • Desk Candy
« Reply #551 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 22:30:48 »
I will have extra plates for sale but going to wait to list them until all or almost all orders are shipped to be on the safe(r) side. Probably mostly extra brass plates but maybe some extra acrylic too.

Yeah, John, I would ask that you wait until *all* units have shipped. It wouldn't be fair for people who received their board a year ago to already be able to get extra plates while many of us have yet to even see the keyboard, see how it sounds, etc. We have no idea if we would need a new, replacement, or second plate until we actually (finally, hopefully) receive ours.

Noted, will do that thanks!

Offline Starius

« Reply #552 on: Fri, 22 May 2020, 06:02:57 »
Just a quick note here, someone might need to double check the DXF file on Github.  The folks at LaserBoost aren't able to open it. 

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #553 on: Fri, 22 May 2020, 10:26:59 »
Here it is with Extended 2048
243240-0

Offline Dumblescore

« Reply #554 on: Fri, 22 May 2020, 11:05:26 »
I really should get in the habit of getting extra plates in the first place, I donít know why I havenít done so. 
If extras do run out, will files be provided the plate making services out there?

You can download the plate design here! https://github.com/deskcandy/modern-m0110
I havenít built a keyboard yet, so apologies if this is stupid, but why do you need extra plates?  Do they break over time?  I understand buying extra PCBs, but plates donít seem quite as consumable of a part
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 May 2020, 12:15:03 by Dumblescore »

Offline lukelex

« Reply #555 on: Fri, 22 May 2020, 11:15:37 »

I havenít built a keyboard yet, so apologies if this is stupid, but why do yuh need extra plates?  Do they break over time?  I understand buying extra PCBs, but plates donít seem quite as consumable of a part
First reason. Plates can be off different materials, which might influence the typing feel.
Second reason. Some people like having spare parts in case they sell the board in the future.

Sent from my vivo 1805 using Tapatalk

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #556 on: Fri, 22 May 2020, 11:30:17 »

I havenít built a keyboard yet, so apologies if this is stupid, but why do yuh need extra plates?  Do they break over time?  I understand buying extra PCBs, but plates donít seem quite as consumable of a part

Another reason is that the plate and PCB support Alps or MX-style switches, which potentially lend themselves to very different typing sound/feel and keycap options.

Offline Starius

« Reply #557 on: Fri, 22 May 2020, 18:07:20 »

I havenít built a keyboard yet, so apologies if this is stupid, but why do you need extra plates?  Do they break over time?  I understand buying extra PCBs, but plates donít seem quite as consumable of a part

In addition to what the others have mentioned, sometimes it's nice to have multiple plate/pcb/switch combos that can be relatively easily and quickly swapped out - for different typing experiences. 

Offline 곽도엽

« Reply #558 on: Sat, 23 May 2020, 06:48:37 »

What types of reinforcement plates can be installed?
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 May 2020, 06:50:13 by 곽도엽 »

Offline ibabo

« Reply #559 on: Sat, 23 May 2020, 19:06:21 »
Just got mine on thursday, built it with og doubleshots and filmed 70g sakura everglides. Has a few small imperfections but I'm super happy with it, sounds just like the original!

Offline biothermal

• Art
« Reply #560 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 07:58:19 »
Just got mine on thursday, built it with og doubleshots and filmed 70g sakura everglides. Has a few small imperfections but I'm super happy with it, sounds just like the original!

Danggggg. That's what I like to see! Such a good set up right there, nice build!  :thumb:

Offline slxdegrees

• i write nice things to make people buy stuff
« Reply #561 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 11:35:56 »
Those who have already gotten theirs, how's the finish on the bottom for the cerakote units? I hear there's some slight pitting on certain areas..

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline deskcandy

• Keyboards your way.
    • Desk Candy
« Reply #562 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 14:03:29 »
Those who have already gotten theirs, how's the finish on the bottom for the cerakote units? I hear there's some slight pitting on certain areas..

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Maybe just chiming in here from the manufacturing angle (more details in previous posts) - the raw units have a rough diamond pattern on the bottom of the bottom piece. Unfortunately this happened before we were able to intervene in the machining process and had to figure out workarounds since it would be infeasible to redo them. For anodized units, we are polishing the bottoms in a light pass, which pretty much wipes out the diamond pattern without removing too much definition. For lighter Cerakote colors (light sand), we did two coats of paint to "fill in" some of the gaps. For darker colors generally found that a single coat worked fine.