Author Topic: [IC] GMK Empire  (Read 14068 times)

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
[IC] GMK Empire
« on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 15:24:39 »
This is a collaboration between Snappo, Duckboi and me. We would rather see one set succeed than none, so we decided to join force and work together.

Have you always thought you were meant for something bigger (come on, click)? Have you always thought this planet was not meant for you? This is your chance, this is your time! Enlist and come die for the EMPIRE!

Kits

The keyset will be composed of three kits:

Core Kit

Here are some of the changes I requested:
  • that the R2 delete keys be replaced by backspace keys;
  • that two 6u (centered and off-centered) spacebars be added; and
  • that a "5" key with a little bar (I sound stupid but I don't know how it's called) be added.

Spacebar Kit

• that the white 6u spacebar be taken out of the kit to be added in the core kit;
  • that two 6u (centered and off-centered) and one 7u black spacebars be added; and
  • that "little" spacebars be added in black as well.

Novelty Kit - a.k.a. the one that may never see the light of day

• that the R4 1u novelties be changed for 1.5u novelties;
  • that the number of two novelties be doubled (four 1.25u instead of two, etc.); and
  • that a couple of red novelties be added with a black Empire logo.

Extras
I am an artisan lovers, as a matter of fact what really decided me is that I have no good keyset to go with these little dudes.

I contacted Booper to see if we could work something out and if I could get her on board and I am in contact with Alphakeycaps as his Jedi Blinker would work so well with GMK Empire! I have nothing concrete to give you as of right now but I will update this section soon!

Every person joining the Empire GB will be granted one unique entry into the raffles IF I end up teaming up with someone!

Monochrome and Empire fusing
As mentionned at the beginning, Snappo and I have been talking about the sets and we have agreed it is better to work together to reach a common goal, rather than have our sets compete against each other.
We are keeping the theme of this keyset, the novelties (if Disney miraculously accepts) as well as the artisans but we are changing the white from WS1 to WS2 (see this and this), we are changing to Monochrome's icon mods. Kits will be revised and might be subject to change. We are also thinking about a new name, hang tied :)

GB Announcement
I still have to check with the vendors but I will either go with:

Pricing

TBD as we are still waiting the MOQ and the changes (like the addition to the novelty kit) but we will update this in the next couple of days!

« Last Edit: Sat, 07 July 2018, 19:04:09 by JSaintS »

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
Re: [IC] GMK Empire
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 15:24:52 »
Reserved

Offline SolidCactus

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 15:29:02 »
Very nice! I would pick this one up!

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 15:35:54 »
I'm down. I always wanted a WoB with black mods

Offline Kerasan

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 15:40:43 »
oasis + empire .... all in for me

KMK Labs

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 15:43:25 »

Will this have an icon? If so, would you please use the regular 2u Backspace's thin arrow icon?

Would you also consider using WS1 instead of CP for the white?

I like the idea of this set. Thank god for monochrome F-row keys.

I contacted Booper to see if we could work something out and if I could get her on board and I am in contact with Alphakeycaps as his Jedi Blinker would work so well with GMK Empire! I have nothing concrete to give you as of right now but I will update this section soon!

Imagine if Clickclack could rerun Vader....

Every person joining the Oasis GB will be granted one unique entry into the raffles (meaning, one entry in Artkey's raffle and one in Briz's). Invoices will be sent shortly after we close the GB (just to time for me to collect everyone's name, randomize and select the winners).

Found some typos.
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 July 2018, 15:53:01 by LightningXI »

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 15:53:15 »
Very nice! I would pick this one up!

I'm down. I always wanted a WoB with black mods

oasis + empire .... all in for me

KMK Labs

Thanks a lot guys! If you have any feedback, you're welcome to share it here or in PM :)

Will this have an icon? If so, would you please use the regular 2u Backspace's thin arrow icon?

Would you also consider using WS1 instead of CP for the white?

I like the idea of this set. Thank god for monochrome F-row keys.

I was actually thinking of having text only on the key, but I can always check what looks best. As for the colors, I wanted something bright but not too bright, isn't WS1 like really, really white? I could look into it but when I see other keysets than ran with CP, I'm rather pleased with the result :)

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 15:56:17 »
I was actually thinking of having text only on the key, but I can always check what looks best. As for the colors, I wanted something bright but not too bright, isn't WS1 like really, really white? I could look into it but when I see other keysets than ran with CP, I'm rather pleased with the result :)

https://imgur.com/a/nRFry

Here's an example of why I would prefer a whiter/purer white such as WS1. The album above uses GMK Stormtrooper, which is CP. The Revo One case is a rather pure white, which I believe is in line with the Star Wars Stormtrooper character design. As you can see from the photos, GMK Stormtrooper still looks warmer than the white of the case.
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 July 2018, 15:58:30 by LightningXI »

Offline SolidCactus

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 15:59:25 »

Here's an example of why I would prefer a whiter/purer white such as WS1. The album above uses GMK Stormtrooper, which is CP. The Revo One case a rather pure white, which I believe is in line with the Star Wars Stormtrooper character design. As you can see from the photos, GMK Stormtrooper still looks warmer than the white of the case.

I'm in agreement with LightningXI. I own GMK Stormtrooper and would love if this set was WS1 as opposed to CP.

Offline Kerasan

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 16:03:18 »

Here's an example of why I would prefer a whiter/purer white such as WS1. The album above uses GMK Stormtrooper, which is CP. The Revo One case is a rather pure white, which I believe is in line with the Star Wars Stormtrooper character design. As you can see from the photos, GMK Stormtrooper still looks warmer than the white of the case.

I agree, on a starwars themed set I would actually use the WS1.
@JSaintS think about it because it could be an extra value.  ;)

KMK Labs

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 16:15:24 »
The Revo case is one of the only cases that white though. That said, I liked the point about the character design part of what you say and I have request a version with WS1 to see how it looks  ;D

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 17:16:44 »
I really like this set. Not a huge of fan of the novelties but I understand that's the theme. Would definitely be in for the base kit.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 19:09:14 »
Honestly surprised this hasn't been done before.

By the way, the word you're looking for regarding the numpad little bar is homing bar :p

Offline DePulse

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 19:46:54 »
Hmm the novels can get a little more love with an empire logo. A red on black empire logo to be exact. Not sure where to put it tho  :rolleyes: or Darth Vader's light saber on the enter key.. That would be dope  ;)

Offline Allo

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 19:59:32 »
Small Star Wars nit, but those stormtroopers are First Order not Empire.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 20:02:12 »
i kinda like it

basic but still flashy

a good simple set
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 20:17:52 »
I quite like it!  I also like the fact that you're adding black spacebars to that spacebar kit.  Very nice.

Offline Wetherbee

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 20:33:12 »

Uhhh. What is with GMK runs and the off-center stems? If you are going to put 6u in the kit you should least put the 6u center-stem spacebar for us Realforce and HHKB layout users, which is much more common for enthusiasts than the off-center version (although both are very much needed depending on your keyboard and really all GMK kits should have them by now).

Offline qubitz

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 21:59:33 »
I like it...been lookin for a good BoW set, and the black mods are a great addition. Would love to see a Meta or Super legend, but I'm probably in the minority on that.

Offline AlphaAnt

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 22:02:24 »
I am interested, if nothing else to see how far this goes. I would be all in if there was a set of alphas in Aurabesh...

Offline krey

« Reply #20 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 01:26:14 »
this looks awesome. would love to see it happen.
Kepler FC65 | 7v | Think6.5 v1 | Maja | G60 | TX75v2 | Fjell | Klippe x2 | Acrylic Tofu | CA66 | Norbaforce

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 01:27:34 »
Hmm the novels can get a little more love with an empire logo. A red on black empire logo to be exact. Not sure where to put it tho  :rolleyes: or Darth Vader's light saber on the enter key.. That would be dope  ;)
I am indeed adding an empire logo in the novelty kit, I already sent the files to gmk and requested it be added :-)

Small Star Wars nit, but those stormtroopers are First Order not Empire.
See?! I knew I would screw up at one point. I am so sorry!!!

Uhhh. What is with GMK runs and the off-center stems? If you are going to put 6u in the kit you should least put the 6u center-stem spacebar for us Realforce and HHKB layout users, which is much more common for enthusiasts than the off-center version (although both are very much needed depending on your keyboard and really all GMK kits should have them by now).

Didn't you read the 'change log" under the picture? I am adding a 6u off-centered AND a 6u centered. I know those can be a pain to find (I had a Tina-A) and there is no reason for me not to add it to the core kit considering it is a simple set, so rest assured, it is coming :-)

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 04:27:02 »
I have waited so long for someone to run white/black....

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 06:31:55 »

Show Image

That looks nice! :o What white is that?

Offline mudcakehoney

« Reply #24 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 08:03:40 »
The renders look extremely good

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 08:12:08 »

Show Image

That looks nice! :o What white is that?
It's just a render. But to achieve that you will have to use the coolest / whitest white.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 08:15:06 »
It's just a render. But to achieve that you will have to use the coolest / whitest white.

I know that was a render haha.

Are you telling me that I'd have to use WS1? haha

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 08:40:20 »
Pretty much!   ;)  :))

Offline stu-rem

« Reply #28 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 09:07:22 »
I like it...been lookin for a good BoW set, and the black mods are a great addition. Would love to see a Meta or Super legend, but I'm probably in the minority on that.
+1 meta, super, hyper (whichever)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Offline stu-rem

« Reply #29 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 09:07:57 »
I am interested, if nothing else to see how far this goes. I would be all in if there was a set of alphas in Aurabesh...
Indeed!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Offline Kerasan

« Reply #30 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 09:08:22 »
Yeah WS1  :thumb:

KMK Labs.

Offline SolidCactus

« Reply #31 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 09:12:48 »
WS1 please!

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #32 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 09:13:18 »
Pretty much!   ;)  :))

Yeah WS1  :thumb:

KMK Labs.

WS1 please!

Haha you guys are in luck, I asked renders in WS1 to GMK.

Indeed!

Oh the things I would do to get that! but I am not quite sure how much GMK would like the idea haha

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #33 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 09:53:51 »
Nice and clean, aurebesh sublegends probably too much to hope for...

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 09:56:33 »

I think so, unfortunately, unless we sell 1.5k kits to justify making the molds haha

Offline AlphaAnt

« Reply #35 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 13:18:39 »

I think so, unfortunately, unless we sell 1.5k kits to justify making the molds haha

It would be something that could be used over and over, much like the hiragana alphas that have become almost ubiquitous with every group buy recently...

Offline Corgiattackkk

« Reply #36 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 13:48:32 »
Interested! Love the clean black/ white look.

Offline Lormania

« Reply #37 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 14:11:03 »
Also very interested. As others have noted, the novelties need a lot of work imo. Maybe in the space bar kit you can add a red one and two or so bottom row mods (thinking hhkb here) can be a grey matching the lightsaber handle and then it looks like you have vaders lightsaber. Not sure that makes sense but looking forward to the set!

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #38 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 14:22:25 »
Quick Update #1:

• AlphaKeycaps is on board and will produce his Jedi Blinker, those will be raffled among buyers of the kit. He is taking one week off and will make one next week and ship it to me
  • RAMA will produce something special (not the X/O keycaps) for this set, I will share more details when everything is done and will share some renders soon :slight_smile:
  • I requested WS1 for the white color listening to the requests :)

Let's make this happen!

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 14:31:01 »
Also very interested. As others have noted, the novelties need a lot of work imo. Maybe in the space bar kit you can add a red one and two or so bottom row mods (thinking hhkb here) can be a grey matching the lightsaber handle and then it looks like you have vaders lightsaber. Not sure that makes sense but looking forward to the set!

I will probably wait on Disney's answer to really touch the novelty kit, although realistically speaking they will probably refuse my demand. If I decide to add a gray spacebar with colored keys for the bottom row, which actually sounds really interesting, I would not do that in the spacebar kit but in the novelty kit. But I'll definitely keep your idea in mind :)

Offline Lormania

« Reply #40 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 14:31:24 »
Those are great updates!!! Thanks JsaintS!

Offline Kerasan

« Reply #41 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 15:11:38 »
Quick Update #1:

• AlphaKeycaps is on board and will produce his Jedi Blinker, those will be raffled among buyers of the kit. He is taking one week off and will make one next week and ship it to me
  • RAMA will produce something special (not the X/O keycaps) for this set, I will share more details when everything is done and will share some renders soon :slight_smile:
  • I requested WS1 for the white color listening to the requests :)

Let's make this happen!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I love your projects, they are treated to 360 degrees.

KMK Labs.

Offline Corgiattackkk

« Reply #42 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 21:58:59 »
Excited to see what RAMA comes up with! I like the idea of the different colored keys.

Offline zoso1227

« Reply #43 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 22:09:44 »
Love the idea and will def get the set when it comes out. Just have an issue with the novelties. The Stormtroopers are First Order and not Imperial. Also having the Imperial Cog as a novelty would be cool too.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #44 on: Sat, 07 July 2018, 10:10:47 »
Quick update:

I sent a message to Snappo to discuss a possible fusion of the keysets as I do feel that two sets so similar might hurt each other if ran at the same time/in a similar timeframe.

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #45 on: Sat, 07 July 2018, 10:15:26 »
Anyone ever do a set of WS2 base and WS1 text?

Offline Kerasan

« Reply #46 on: Sat, 07 July 2018, 10:20:56 »
Quick update:

I sent a message to Snappo to discuss a possible fusion of the keysets as I do feel that two sets so similar might hurt each other if ran at the same time/in a similar timeframe.

this is the smart thing to do, I approve the choice and a possible test with the WS2 that remains a white suitable for the theme.

KMK Labs!

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #47 on: Sat, 07 July 2018, 10:25:35 »
That would very near to blank..., at least given the color chips.

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #48 on: Sat, 07 July 2018, 11:17:39 »
SHow some love for the 40s.  ;)

Offline dvorcol

• Discord: dvorcol_5071
« Reply #49 on: Sat, 07 July 2018, 11:58:20 »
That would very near to blank..., at least given the color chips.

I cannot find WS2 on GMK/Uniqey's website.
Have they added colors since the middle of 2017?

Sent from an undisclosed location using a secret agent