Author Topic: White Lettered for HHKB - only from elittekeyboard?  (Read 1974 times)

Offline test157

White Lettered for HHKB - only from elittekeyboard?
« on: Fri, 23 April 2010, 15:12:10 »
anyone know where from I can buy white lettered keycaps for hkkb? or the elitekeyboards the only one source of them?

Offline Tr0j4nM4x1mus

« Reply #1 on: Fri, 23 April 2010, 15:15:57 »
elite is out of stock right now but I wrote them got this return "We'll have more of the HHKB keycaps in the first week of May.

Best regards,
Brian
EliteKeyboards
http://elitekeyboards.com"

I have an HHKB pro with white blanks I'd like to have lettered keys also...I don't care if they are black or white
Keyboards - 4 Cherry G80-3000lscrc-2 (two with black DS keys one with black & white DS keys)
HHKB Professional white
2 ABS M1 (modded with complicated alps one with pinks & one with rubber bumper whites)
2 IBM Model M\'s one 89 & one 97
Dell AT-101W black (modded with rubber bumper whites- M1 keys)
Focus FK2001 with cover
Focus FK2000 with cover
Unicomp Model M black mighty mouse
Cherry G84-4100 white

Looking For - Compaq G80-1838

Offline aegrotatio

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 29 April 2010, 10:03:24 »
If you can find the HHKB "Dvorak" conversion kit it is usually available in black and white.  I bought both a long time ago.  It only has enough keys to change to Dvorak (no ENTER, Backspace, etc.).
Daily Drivers: Ducky DK1087XM || DSI ASK-6600 || Rosewill RK-9000 BL, BR, BL, and RE || ABS M1 || Das Keyboard Silent || HHKB Lite and Lite 2 || DSI Big Font (kids love it)
Yearning for: Any ALPS keyboard || Any tenkeyless mechanical keyboard
Permanent collection: Poker Blue and Brown || Adesso MKB-125B || SIIG MiniTouch Geek Hack Space Saver || Chicony 5181 Monterey Blue || Chicony 5191 Clone Cherry Blues || Key Tronic 3600 || Unicomp Endurapro & SmarTrex || A crate of IBM Model M and Model M Space Saving boards || NeXTstation Slab || Amiga 3000 || BTC-5100C black and beige || SIIG MiniTouch Plus black and beige
Retired collection: SIIG MiniTouch Monterey Blue || Razer BlackWidow

Offline aegrotatio

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 30 April 2010, 10:00:55 »
I'll see what I can find.  I have boxes and boxes of keyboards to my wife's dismay.  There's nothing special, just keys in a white, cloth bag.  I used them to make a checkerboard-style keyboard.

Oh, and here's the weird part.  There was a Dvorak kit and a regular keycaps kit.  I cannot tell the difference between the two items, but I didn't check hard enough.  I think the regular kit has number and special keys like Enter but I honestly don't recall being able to pry those keys off of a real HHKB Lite 2 or HHKB.
« Last Edit: Fri, 30 April 2010, 10:05:27 by aegrotatio »
Daily Drivers: Ducky DK1087XM || DSI ASK-6600 || Rosewill RK-9000 BL, BR, BL, and RE || ABS M1 || Das Keyboard Silent || HHKB Lite and Lite 2 || DSI Big Font (kids love it)
Permanent collection: Poker Blue and Brown || Adesso MKB-125B || SIIG MiniTouch Geek Hack Space Saver || Chicony 5181 Monterey Blue || Chicony 5191 Clone Cherry Blues || Key Tronic 3600 || Unicomp Endurapro & SmarTrex || A crate of IBM Model M and Model M Space Saving boards || NeXTstation Slab || Amiga 3000 || BTC-5100C black and beige || SIIG MiniTouch Plus black and beige

Offline aegrotatio

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 30 April 2010, 13:22:21 »
Quote from: ripster;177535
Key profiles differ by row.  That's why this Dvorak HHKB kit is interesting.  The PFU FAQ makes no mention of it.

That's right, I never thought of that.  I'll keep my eye out for it.  I think I remember where it is.