Author Topic: [IC] GMK Wavez HUGE update : 10/31/2018  (Read 26518 times)

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• Green is life.
[IC] GMK Wavez HUGE update : 10/31/2018
« on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 09:30:16 »
'evening ladies and gentlemen, It is I, Enjoy, here to bring you a fresh new genre of GMK keycap sets. Introducing GMK WaveZ, the headbanging audiophile grade gmk colorway. Feel free to add as much feedback as you can.

Prepare you eyes; prepare your ears. Introducing the newly conceived GMK Wavez.

As an audiophile and a fellow keyboard enthusiast, I wanted to merge my two passions into one in a way no one has done before. After tweaking around with some color combinations for a couple of weeks, I feel I found something that merges them like a vibrant melody. What you see is a collaboration between myself, u/biip and u/Janglad. The result is a dynamic, loud and exciting sonnet remixed with a bit of synthwave. We are super excited about this project and wish to make it a reality with your help.

The base kit supports a large variety of layouts, including ANSI/ISO/HHKB and many other popular layouts. Other layouts not being included can be if enough people show interest. Please request other layout supports in the IC Google Doc. Other suggestions also welcome.

The novelties are what really set this kit apart. A unique and creative look at an audiophiles most notorious enemy. The CABLE! IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE, OK!! Along with some accent colors that make the set pop like Michael Jackson. There will be an option for an accented spacebar kit that will make it even more Dafty and Punky!

We made a team decision to include an extra 6.25u and 7u spacebar to the base set. Spacebars always get shiny. Plus who hasn't thought this is a good idea for all sets?

Special thanks to u/biip for his amazing novelty art, u/Janglad for the market leading and realistic renders. Your support and feedback made idea become a complete project.

Hopefully you all like this as much as we do and are excited to have such a head banging good set to go along your favorite pair of cans.

If you're interested or have any wished for the set, please consider filling in this Google Form. Thank you :) : https://goo.gl/forms/QV69Rlu8wjgq1IqA2

Below more rocking renders

(Special Thanks to u/ToastyParty for helping me with the presentation)

CA66

M65

Rama TKL

M0110

Once again, thanks to u/Biip and u/Janglad for making such an amazing job; if you have any questions i'm here to answer.
(This isnt Terminal's Green this is a custom one :) )

Thanks for your interest  :D

09/17/2018

Hi guys, i'm here to bring some updates to the novelties kit since you requested way more of them.
but i ended up making too much so i decided to separate them in 2 packs for several reasons.

As you can see i added enough novelties to make bottom rows symetrical in case you would like to do it and i added the 1U ESC and Return without accents as you guys suggested, (Headphone jack tip got reworked as you can see).
That's a total off 14 novelties so pretty good pack.

Altough I wanted to make a pack for sick arrow keys but i didn't want to include them in the first noveltie pack since i felt it's a lot of keys in 1 pack.

(I don't want to replace the base arrows for these since some people probably don't like them)

What you guys think about that ? do you prefere having the kits split or should i make a very big kit of novelties that will be  22 in total that will also be quite expensive and this is probably a downside for some people.
I'm waiting for your feedback !

10/31/2018
Hey guys ! It's me Enjoy, comming back with a HUGE update on GMK Wavez since you guys gave me so much feedback on the IC and so many cool ideas that we worked a lot with u/Janglad and u/Biip to make that set even better in my opinion.

First have a look at the new kits !

As you clearly can see I added a lot more kits to what was originally planned, I didn't want to limit myself to the typical combo : Base set + novelties + spacebars, I wanted to give you guys a ton of possibilities to have THE set that will perfectly fit your tastes and obviously, your layout of choice.

For the base kit I decided to not put the icon mods and put it as another kit since several people, and includding myself prefered the base kit with text modifiers. I also made the decision to exclude ISO from the base kit, I'm sorry for the ISO users (even myself) but most of the people don't use ISO, so I found it was kinda cool to have a cheaper base set, and the ISO kit will only cover ISO UK. For alphas i decided to do a Gajin and Kobe kit that looks fantastic in my opinion, and since that set is audio related, I had to include elements that refere to Japan :).

I also thought about you 40% and Ergo users ! You guys gave so much love to that set that i had to make a kit for you, so as you can see it will be done, but I'm not sure on the exact keys those kits will include, but they will be made 100%

Finally, what you guys asked for, the novelties. u/Biip did an amazing job and you guys clearly loved that because I got so many comments from you saying that I should make more novelties, and i decided to make that HUGE novelties pack, and I hope you'll like it. Apart from that 2 rama keycaps will be made, one with Moon anod with glow in the dark infill, and another one without infill made out of brass.

So as you can see i clearly did my best to make most of you guys happy, and offering you a ton of possibilities, but as you probably already guessed, I can't run that many kits via vendors, they will never reach MOQ ; for that specific reason, my plan is to run this set on massdrop, so if you guys are excited about that set, and want to support it, feel free to vote on that massdrop poll and give me your thoughts or questions in the comments !Thanks a lot for all your support, and thanks again to my wonderfull friends u/Biip and u/Janglad to make that set even better, I can't wait for your feedback guys:) ~

Massdrop poll link : https://www.massdrop.com/vote/GMK-Wavez

NB : I won't do kits like NORDE, Dvorak and stuff don't ask for it, sorry boyzzzz.

Moreover, if you wanna support the project even more you can use this signature made by u/Biip

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=97339.0][img width=302 height=120]https://i.postimg.cc/nc7fTcwb/GMK-_WAVEZ_Signature2.jpg[/img][/url]
Thanks again for all the support and the ideas you're bringing to that project  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Wed, 31 October 2018, 11:42:58 by EnjoyMyInSec »

Offline biip

• @biipmk
Re: [IC] GMK Wavez
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 09:30:47 »
Nice set :))

Online cijanzen

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 09:33:30 »
Huh. Reminds me a bit of 3run in a good way. Nice vibrant colours, almost sporty. I donít know if this is a set for me but I do like it quite a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online otanishock

• Compact layout is best layout
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 09:34:09 »
After 9009 and Modern Dolch, let's do custom color this round!! This is just so hot.
White DC60 | (Reserved for Dark Gray TGR-Jane V2) | Light Gray/Dusty Blue Keycult No.1/60 | Black/Brass Keycult No.1/65 | (Reserved for Dark Blue UNIKORN 60) | (Reserved for Black Brass Kyuu) | (Reserved for Silver Duck Orion V3) | (Reserved for Dark Blue Space65) | (Reserved for Cerakoted Black Modern M0110) | (Reserved for Haze Koyu) | (Reserved for Red CA66)

Online otanishock

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 09:37:44 »
Huh. Reminds me a bit of 3run in a good way. Nice vibrant colours, almost sporty. I donít know if this is a set for me but I do like it quite a bit.

Yea definitely does bring out the sporty vibe. Instantly reminds me of this. GMK Deodorant lol
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 September 2018, 10:05:01 by otanishock »
White DC60 | (Reserved for Dark Gray TGR-Jane V2) | Light Gray/Dusty Blue Keycult No.1/60 | Black/Brass Keycult No.1/65 | (Reserved for Dark Blue UNIKORN 60) | (Reserved for Black Brass Kyuu) | (Reserved for Silver Duck Orion V3) | (Reserved for Dark Blue Space65) | (Reserved for Cerakoted Black Modern M0110) | (Reserved for Haze Koyu) | (Reserved for Red CA66)

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 09:42:36 »
this set looks amazing and i'm really digging the icon novelties

Offline nukacola114

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 09:44:05 »
I like this very much, want!  Been looking for a set with some bright neon color in it.

Offline darthzero

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 10:08:22 »
Reminds me of Solarized Dark but with good mods and the touch of 3run already mentioned, screems HYPE to me... love it! (plz give my wallet a tiny bit of time to recover^^)
Discord: kuno#0600 
Reddit: u/darthzero 
Instagram

Offline lbassett21

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 10:18:55 »
This also reminds me of solarized dark but I am also seeing a hint of terminal with the green. Overall, I am really liking the set!
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 September 2018, 21:55:51 by lbassett21 »
Clickity Clack.

Offline dantambok

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 10:19:20 »
love how the colors look! Really hoping IRL colors will be close to renders. I am in

Offline RehnMan

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 10:23:16 »
I want it. I need it. Take my money!

Online Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 12:26:17 »
Ooof. Can someone render this on a sage m60?  :cool:

Offline jihadu

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 12:33:11 »
Can you add a centered 6u spacebar to the spacekit? If you are going to add duplicates you may as well extend compatability

Offline chouyu

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 12:50:43 »
I hope it to be different from Solarized Dark. :eek:

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• Green is life.
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 13:21:26 »
Can you add a centered 6u spacebar to the spacekit? If you are going to add duplicates you may as well extend compatability
Well if more people request it why not, but ATM i don't see the point in adding one since only a few people are using it, and reaching MOQ is kinda hard for a custom color, so i'm carefull about the pricetag.
Sorry.

Offline Shadohhh

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 13:46:37 »
If you can get those exact colors I am in.

Online otanishock

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 15:04:45 »
Custom color I assume?

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 15:47:20 »
this is nice,

Offline azulyf

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 16:51:24 »
Similar to the Nautilus Nightmare but looks much better imo. Hope to see a blank 1.25 added to space bar kit.

Offline finalarcadia

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 17:06:47 »
I'm in, love the colors.

Here's some changes I'd make to reduce base cost, from least extreme to most.

Remove/move to another kit:

- highlight keys, specially arrows
- ISO
- numpad

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Online Jon_Flynn

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe6rkA5jIiy2sLTMQ
    • Jae Keebs
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 17:44:32 »
Really glad to see this set, and itís super nice to have the UK ISO in base. Makes it an insta buy for me. I suspect thatís Janglads influence :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 19:44:19 »
Very cool, but I read this as GMK Warez and was even more pumped!

Offline Taques

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 19:57:06 »
Cool looking set, I especially love the .flac and .wav novelties!

Offline joe405

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 19:57:16 »
Love the colour way. Hope GMK can get the colours right

Online forevermadrigal

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 21:12:45 »
Colors and novelties are amazing, definitely in for this :thumb:

Online jobicoppola

« Reply #25 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 21:21:22 »
really love the colors, this is a super looking set

Online ninjacore

« Reply #26 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 22:28:07 »
Love these colors. Iím in. Nice work.

Offline pewing

« Reply #27 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 22:45:40 »
Those colors are sweet but sadly would be really hard to match to anything else on my desk so I'm probably not gonna join.  :(

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #28 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 22:49:44 »
This is amazing. Really love the colours.

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• Green is life.
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 23:02:54 »
Custom color I assume?
Yes it is.
I'm in, love the colors.

Here's some changes I'd make to reduce base cost, from least extreme to most.

Remove/move to another kit:

- highlight keys, specially arrows
- ISO
- numpad

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I wanted to remove the numpad but some people really like it, and it will never reach MOQ.
No way im removing ISO, because i sometimes use it (Iím French)
Same thing gor the highlight keys, arrows...
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 September 2018, 23:04:35 by EnjoyMyInSec »

Offline LeoShi

« Reply #30 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 23:33:54 »
neon green looks great, but wonder how it will turn out

Offline wowremy

« Reply #31 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 23:41:45 »
Similar to the Nautilus Nightmare but looks much better imo. Hope to see a blank 1.25 added to space bar kit.
I'm tempted by both sets honestly >< Will be interesting to compare their color samples/final colors..

Offline nycxandy

« Reply #32 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 00:18:57 »
Very intrigued
LZ CLS s x h (MX Zilents), KBDfans Tofu (67g Zealios), Topre Realforce 87U (Variable), Leopold FC750R (MX Red), Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless (MX Blue), Dell AT101W (Alps Black)

Offline thornkin

« Reply #33 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 01:03:03 »
Really like the look if the colors can be done as in the renders.  A few requests:

1) VIM keys.  They would look great in that green.
2) Icon + text modifiers (in a kit if you like)

Offline warmaster

« Reply #34 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 03:48:49 »
Colours look incredible. Does remind me a bit of solarized dark but prefer the lime green accents here vs the teal accents in solarized dark. If the colours turn out as good irl would be a definite in.

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• Green is life.
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 04:50:00 »

Really like the look if the colors can be done as in the renders.  A few requests:

1) VIM keys.  They would look great in that green.
2) Icon + text modifiers (in a kit if you like)

The thing is that custom colors = Higher MOQ, and if we add more kits, or more keys to the existing kits, price will be higher and we probably won't reach the MOQ, some people requested the WASD kit aswell, some people want NORDE kit... so same thing for the Text modifiers, i really really like them, but since the majority prefere the icon mods only i have to stick with it, and proposing it as a kit won't probably work, sorry but i can't satisfied everyone ^^".

Colours look incredible. Does remind me a bit of solarized dark but prefer the lime green accents here vs the teal accents in solarized dark. If the colours turn out as good irl would be a definite in.

Well you can join then cuz they will turn out this way :3 !
« Last Edit: Fri, 14 September 2018, 04:52:34 by EnjoyMyInSec »

Offline shyBravado

• happycorn
« Reply #36 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 10:02:41 »
Oh god I kind of really want this... maybe my last GB.

Online ninjacore

« Reply #37 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 11:09:51 »

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• Green is life.
« Reply #38 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 16:26:54 »
Oh god I kind of really want this... maybe my last GB.

that would be an honnor !  ;D

Offline vpr

« Reply #39 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 19:22:14 »
Nice, I like it, but some of those novelties really look like sperm to me. I can't be the only one...or am  I?

Online pixelpusher

• Formerly known as reececonrad
« Reply #40 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 20:54:57 »
Nice, I like it, but some of those novelties really look like sperm to me. I can't be the only one...or am  I?

I mean, does an audio cable look like a sperm?  Kinda.  But it's a cord, right?
:)

Offline dantambok

« Reply #41 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 21:54:47 »

holy moly now i can't unsee it. Though i'm pretty sure that's an audio jack lol

Offline zungzangbi

« Reply #42 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 22:06:02 »
This. +1. Definitely buying one.

Offline tuilokee

« Reply #43 on: Sat, 15 September 2018, 00:23:52 »
neon green is so great,hope GMK can match the render.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #44 on: Sat, 15 September 2018, 02:09:21 »
These colors remind me of some G.I. Joe vehicle I had. It also reminds me of the running shoes I recently bought.

I like it.

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• Green is life.
« Reply #45 on: Sat, 15 September 2018, 02:11:49 »
First thanks for the feeback that is for the most part very positive guys hehe.

For the people thinking its sperm, weíre actually changing a little bit the connector of the headphone jack cable, dw  ;)

For the pantone, we found something that will perfectly match that exact neon green  (ill communicate that later with more infos) :D

Offline elfick

• Can I get Colemak and a side of fries with that?
« Reply #46 on: Sat, 15 September 2018, 15:45:40 »
These colors remind me of some G.I. Joe vehicle I had. It also reminds me of the running shoes I recently bought.

I like it.
https://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/84/watermoccasin/ ?

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
  • I have ideas. Sometimes they're even good ideas.
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #47 on: Sat, 15 September 2018, 17:18:49 »
Digging it. Icon mods aren't my thing, but the colors are great. Imo the kit is solid where it is and is roughly what a GMK base kit should be for maxing out good support without hitting too much pricey niche stuff. Any thoughts on vendor and timeline yet?

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• Green is life.
« Reply #48 on: Sun, 16 September 2018, 06:47:51 »
Digging it. Icon mods aren't my thing, but the colors are great. Imo the kit is solid where it is and is roughly what a GMK base kit should be for maxing out good support without hitting too much pricey niche stuff. Any thoughts on vendor and timeline yet?

Thanks i really apprecieate these kind words, we're doing minor changes on the novelties to make them as accurate as possible, and after that things will go quick, and yeah all vendors are planned.

Offline dantambok

« Reply #49 on: Sun, 16 September 2018, 06:50:31 »

Thanks i really apprecieate these kind words, we're doing minor changes on the novelties to make them as accurate as possible, and after that things will go quick, and yeah all vendors are planned.

I hope you're looking at zFrontier as one of the vendors! Us asians really like buying from them.  :D