Author Topic: Scorpius M10 or ione keyboard in good shape  (Read 1822 times)

Offline aegrotatio

Scorpius M10 or ione keyboard in good shape
« on: Mon, 03 May 2010, 21:58:37 »
Does anyone know where I can get Scorpius M10 or ione keyboard in good shape?  All the reviews I see talk about the circuit board being very poorly constructed on this board.  I want to try out the Cherry keyswitches and don't want to pay over $100.

Thanks!!
Daily Drivers: Ducky DK1087XM || DSI ASK-6600 || Rosewill RK-9000 BL, BR, BL, and RE || ABS M1 || Das Keyboard Silent || HHKB Lite and Lite 2 || DSI Big Font (kids love it)
Yearning for: Any ALPS keyboard || Any tenkeyless mechanical keyboard
Permanent collection: Poker Blue and Brown || Adesso MKB-125B || SIIG MiniTouch Geek Hack Space Saver || Chicony 5181 Monterey Blue || Chicony 5191 Clone Cherry Blues || Key Tronic 3600 || Unicomp Endurapro & SmarTrex || A crate of IBM Model M and Model M Space Saving boards || NeXTstation Slab || Amiga 3000 || BTC-5100C black and beige || SIIG MiniTouch Plus black and beige
Retired collection: SIIG MiniTouch Monterey Blue || Razer BlackWidow

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 05 May 2010, 18:02:48 »
I'll sell you mine for $50. Watch for it in classifieds later tonight.
I trolled Geekhack and all I got was an eponymous SPOS.

Offline clickclack

• * Maker
  • Board Chow EXTRAORDINAIRE
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 06 May 2010, 05:20:18 »
Quote from: aegrotatio;178688
Does anyone know where I can get Scorpius M10 or ione keyboard in good shape?  All the reviews I see talk about the circuit board being very poorly constructed on this board.  I want to try out the Cherry keyswitches and don't want to pay over $100.
Thanks!!

When you said "good shape" did you mean new or a particular batch that has better build quality? I have as of yet not found one that is of better than dubious quality (even when new).
The reviews are mostly spot on it's luck of the draw because the quality is so poor. It's a quick and easy way to test blue cherries, heck that is how I initially did it. But just know there is a much higher possibility of failure rate than most other poducts. Usually its just a problem of a poor solder joint or a broken/split trace on the pcb, so you can repair it by either resoldering or jumping the trace. Every fix I have made has worked, but  another switch would just die on the pcb at some point. 7 failures and 3 boards...

Quote from: ricercar;179348
I'll sell you mine for $50. Watch for it in classifieds later tonight.

I take it yours works then, haahaa =P You have better luck than me that's for sure! =P

I must admit though on the ones that I have used, they had the best darn spacebar! Proper amount of force for me and the sound was wonderful. No squeak and very little relative noise for a space bar... go figure =)

If you can't snag ricercar's you can always try Amazon, and ebay, there all allways new ones on there. But if you can buy one from someone who has been using it for a while and it still works then its probably best to buy it from them. A new one won is pretty much a crap shoot :(
goodluck ;)
862+ keyboards and counting!   R.I.P.ster          Vendor link ->Clack Factory

Offline pfink

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 06 May 2010, 16:20:59 »
Quote from: aegrotatio;178688

Thanks!!

New from Cyberguys for $54:

http://www.cyberguys.com/product-details/?productid=14078

Offline Mental Hobbit

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 06 May 2010, 16:54:11 »
I am willing to keep buying them hoping that quality over time will improve.

They'd sell a lot worse if they actually worked, see? :madgrin:
Typing on blues.

Offline clickclack

• * Maker
  • Board Chow EXTRAORDINAIRE
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 07 May 2010, 01:44:02 »
Quote from: Mental Hobbit;179596
They'd sell a lot worse if they actually worked, see? :madgrin:

Hahaaa! many lolz!!! Absolutely Priceless!
(and probably true)
862+ keyboards and counting!   R.I.P.ster          Vendor link ->Clack Factory