Author Topic: [GB] GMK Shoko UPDATE and New Renders!: Last Day  (Read 10542 times)

zerospindle (+ 1 Hidden) and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline RaySasQuach

[GB] GMK Shoko UPDATE and New Renders!: Last Day
« on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 00:15:25 »
Well I'm gonna keep it short: GMK Shoko has started and you can grab it at Kono right now (proxies will go live sooner or later) and the group buy will end at December 17, 2018 and the estimate on when they arrive at the warehouse will be June 2019 (at least for Kono). I will also keep you updated when color samples comes in... and pray that the samples are spot on with the colors and that there will be no delays.

Also thanks everyone who is joining this and the support, as much as I was kinda in the dark a lot of that time, I hope you stay supportive and hopefully we can hit MOQ (which is 250 for the base kit btw and 150 for the add-ons)!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATES:
NONE AT THE MOMENT
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Group buy link/proxies:
Kono (NA): https://kono.store/products/gmk-shoko?variant=12331061313636
ZFrontier (Asia): https://en.zfrontier.com/collections/keysets/products/gmk-shoko
MyKeyboard (EU): https://mykeyboard.eu/catalogue/gmk-shoko-base-kit_817/
Daily Clack (Oceania): https://dailyclack.com/collections/keycaps/products/gmk-shoko

Base Kit

Add-On Kit

Spacebar Kit

Extra renders

« Last Edit: Tue, 15 January 2019, 17:00:45 by RaySasQuach »

Online Signature

• master of puppers
  • Am good boy!
Re: [GB] GMK Shoko
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 08:23:26 »
Approved!

Rest in peace Timberman

Offline hayt

• * Maker
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 08:27:41 »
Looks nice :) glwb

Online megaforce93

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 11:20:39 »
v nice set

v cute

would go very nice with blue-gray keyboards

Offline the_high_5

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 14:40:03 »
Stoked to see the GB go live. Do you happen to have an ETA on the first round of samples?

Offline Nerdbot5000

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 14:41:44 »
Happy that this is going live. Are the alpha's still 656 C? I know you mentioned that the renders with the lighter alphas (look white to my eyes) seem to be more accurate, so I wanted to double check that the light grey pantone is still the intended color. Thanks!

Offline portbaron

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 17:55:26 »
Happy that this is going live. Are the alpha's still 656 C? I know you mentioned that the renders with the lighter alphas (look white to my eyes) seem to be more accurate, so I wanted to double check that the light grey pantone is still the intended color. Thanks!
Ordered.
I think in the sample approval phase the color could be adjusted if need be as most most people seem to like a cool-near-white alpha color. GMK sometimes does stuff a little dark on prototypes from what I've seen, but this can be addressed if you work with them.
  | LIVING THE 1800 LIFE |

Offline otanishock

• Compact layout is best layout
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 19:02:42 »
Fingers crossed the colors will be justified. After seeing the trainwreck with GMK Necro, I'm skeptical about any set with custom light blue-ish color...
White DC60 | Light Gray/Dusty Blue Keycult No.1/60 | Black/Brass Keycult No.1/65 | (Reserved for TGRxSINGA Gray UNIKORN 60) | (Reserved for Black Brass Kyuu) | (Reserved for Silver Duck Orion V3) | (Reserved for Dark Blue Space65) | (Reserved for Cerakoted Black Modern M0110) | (Reserved for Haze Koyu) | (Reserved for Red CA66)

Offline RaySasQuach

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 19:39:01 »
So Kono got back to me on the status of the proxies and I feel like I need to address it here, but it will be a bit delayed since there was a pricing error on GMK's part for the price quote of the set. Good news is that the price will not be higher from what I am told, I will try to keep you people updated on Monday PST (though no guarantees about that one either). Sorry for the delay and hope to keep good faith.

Stoked to see the GB go live. Do you happen to have an ETA on the first round of samples?
Not yet unfortunately, though I will keep updated on that.

Really subtle light blue-gray color will be the goal and yes it still will be 656 C, I would probably be fine with a bit lighter though than the actual Pantone chip.

Fingers crossed the colors will be justified. After seeing the trainwreck with GMK Necro, I'm skeptical about any set with custom light blue-ish color...

Understandable, but I do have a Pantone sheet with all three colors, but I also am planning to invest in the Pantone chips since paper!=plastic, color checker, and neutral white lighting if I can to hopefully color check the samples as best as possible. I understand the skepticism though and I don't blame you for it.

Offline otanishock

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 00:01:18 »
Understandable, but I do have a Pantone sheet with all three colors, but I also am planning to invest in the Pantone chips since paper!=plastic, color checker, and neutral white lighting if I can to hopefully color check the samples as best as possible. I understand the skepticism though and I don't blame you for it.

Don't worry. You're good. I was just expressing my concern that's all. Already ordered my set. My pleasure to support you and your project :).
White DC60 | Light Gray/Dusty Blue Keycult No.1/60 | Black/Brass Keycult No.1/65 | (Reserved for TGRxSINGA Gray UNIKORN 60) | (Reserved for Black Brass Kyuu) | (Reserved for Silver Duck Orion V3) | (Reserved for Dark Blue Space65) | (Reserved for Cerakoted Black Modern M0110) | (Reserved for Haze Koyu) | (Reserved for Red CA66)

Offline otanishock

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 18 November 2018, 18:20:29 »
I just realize this. Would this key be included in the base kit, or is it exclusive only to the addon kit?
207409-0

Offline fendent

• * Maker
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 18 November 2018, 19:35:02 »
I'm into it. It's like an AESTHETIC desat Triumph Adler

Offline RaySasQuach

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 19 November 2018, 02:27:37 »
I just realize this. Would this key be included in the base kit, or is it exclusive only to the addon kit?
(Attachment Link)
Yep, it'll only be part of the add-on kit, it was kinda a last minute addition and it was too expensive to have as a separate keycap.

Offline otanishock

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 19 November 2018, 03:31:40 »
(Attachment Link)
Yep, it'll only be part of the add-on kit, it was kinda a last minute addition and it was too expensive to have as a separate keycap.
Would you ever consider including one in the base kit? I really want that key, but it just doesn't make sense to get the whole 40s kit just for a key..

Offline duckboi

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 19 November 2018, 07:58:23 »
(Attachment Link)
Would you ever consider including one in the base kit? I really want that key, but it just doesn't make sense to get the whole 40s kit just for a key..

Its probably too late to change the kits as the set is in GB.
The m0ar empty you feel,  the m0ar space for Keycaps..
[https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=97203.0]

Offline otanishock

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 19 November 2018, 18:37:07 »

Its probably too late to change the kits as the set is in GB.
I just noticed there was a price drop. Also I don't think that key was ever introduced in the IC. I only saw it showing up just now during the final proposed kit for GB. Was just hoping it could be included in the base kit. Oh well..
« Last Edit: Mon, 19 November 2018, 18:48:23 by otanishock »

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 20 November 2018, 00:11:22 »
Am I correct that to get a 7u spacebar I'd have to buy the spacebar kit?

Offline The_judge_168

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 20 November 2018, 00:21:13 »
Am I correct that to get a 7u spacebar I'd have to buy the spacebar kit?
Base kit has 7u in alpha color, spacebar kit has it in accent color

Offline joe405

« Reply #18 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 23:40:41 »
I'd zfrontier going to get an updated pricing? It's still 168 for the base kit.

Online yonghf

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 21:03:01 »

This. Will place an order once the pricing has been revised.

Offline itsundone

[GB] GMK Shoko
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 00:26:22 »

i thinks thats the final price,
zfront always set higher price due to free shipping (DHL express)
and zfront launched their GB page after the cut price announced

but 30$ different is still too much i think.  usually arround 20?
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 November 2018, 02:34:02 by itsundone »

Offline joe405

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 02:33:00 »

but 30$ different is still too much i think.  usually arround 30?
It's definitely too much, especially once you add more kits. In comparison, calm depths is a much more reasonable $20 difference

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #22 on: Fri, 30 November 2018, 21:49:32 »
So how's this looking as far as MOQ goes? 

Offline Oni74

« Reply #23 on: Sun, 02 December 2018, 13:58:38 »
Lovely looking set. Makes me wish I'd ordered the pearl white Doro instead of titanium.

Offline RaySasQuach

« Reply #24 on: Fri, 07 December 2018, 03:10:24 »

but 30$ different is still too much i think.  usually arround 30?
It's definitely too much, especially once you add more kits. In comparison, calm depths is a much more reasonable $20 difference

Crossposted from Reddit:
I got a statement from them about it. It's gonna be a long explanation, so be prepared.
So basically what happened was something within the profit margins. So how it broke down into X% of the base price ($168 on ZF) goes to the designer, me (the designer share), if it is 10% $16.80 would go to me, 5% $8.40, and etc. Then a large part of that goes into GMK actually making the keyset. Leaving the rest going into shipping and the profits to ZF. I'm sure this was already known to some extent, but there's a few factors into why it became more expensive on ZF. One of them is that ZF needs a higher price in order to break even or profit compared to Kono (remember shipping is included here and that also accounts for the designer share). So if ZF puts the price at $158, they actually will be losing money. Then looking at Calm Depths, to put it simply, the designer share was done differently, rather than it being a percentage from the base price, it is a percentage of the profit ZF makes going into the designer.
So why is Kono lower still? You probably can guess it, but Kono wasn't seeking as high of a profit margin is one reason I'd imagine, and I actually speculated that they aren't making that much off this set after seeing the price cut.
Either way I'm sorry it turned out like this for the guys in Asia, I really am. :(
Any further questions, feel free to reply here.

I am going to see if there's anything I can do right now actually, since I feel bad I caused this to happen.

So how's this looking as far as MOQ goes? 

I wish it was a lot better tbh, let's just say that. I will stay optimistic though regardless and even if this doesn't succeed right now, there's always another time!

Offline itsundone

« Reply #25 on: Fri, 07 December 2018, 03:30:23 »
I appreciate your honesty man, usually thats a sensitive matter to talk about lol

Still bought from zfron since its the most accesible place for me...

Hope the number goes up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Online tex_live_utility

« Reply #26 on: Fri, 07 December 2018, 08:11:48 »
 I feel like I'm looking at two different keycap sets in the renders. The ones on Kono look like they are bright white with powder blue accents. But the kit mock up, and the last render from the head-on angle, look much more muted with the alphas being definitely gray.

Also, in the brighter renders, there is very little contrast between the legends in the backgrounds on the Alpha keys, possibly making people think that the text will be hard to read in person. I suspect that a similar concern over contrast (which I don't believe will be an issue in real life)  is driving people away from DMG.

Offline Mikiberry

• Eating Okonomiyaki
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 07 December 2018, 08:40:20 »
Would love to know the current moq before committing the buy.

Offline Quantastrophus

Sup
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 07 December 2018, 23:26:07 »
How is this doing with MOQ?

Online LightningXI

• * Esteemed Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #29 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 00:59:13 »
Would also appreciate an update on MoQ

Offline otanishock

« Reply #30 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 14:28:11 »
MOQ update would be nice

Online LightningXI

• * Esteemed Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 12 December 2018, 01:21:00 »
Any updates, OP?

Offline Emir

• NordicHardware Keyboard Guide
« Reply #32 on: Wed, 12 December 2018, 02:18:56 »
He mentioned in Discord that he has not received updates from all retailers, but expected to get them by last sunday IIRC - maybe he doesn't update until he has the numbers?

In any case, it was pretty far off as of right now - perhaps credited to the renders portraying 3 different sets, making us unsure what we're getting.

I like this set, I hope it makes MOQ, but there's always next time.

Offline sagadoi

« Reply #33 on: Sat, 15 December 2018, 02:57:18 »
Any update,really want this

Online LightningXI

• * Esteemed Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 17 December 2018, 21:24:24 »
Any updates on MOQ? The last day to order is today.

Online forevermadrigal

« Reply #35 on: Tue, 18 December 2018, 06:41:16 »
I believe the set is cancelled.

Online LightningXI

• * Esteemed Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 18 December 2018, 06:47:35 »
Is there a source?

That's a bummer nonetheless

Online forevermadrigal

« Reply #37 on: Tue, 18 December 2018, 07:11:42 »
Is there a source?

He said it in the top clack discord, but I'm sure they'll announce it soon.

Agreed, not the greatest news :\

Offline mkarlsson

« Reply #38 on: Tue, 18 December 2018, 11:26:22 »
Is there a source?

The lack of updates and the fact that there is no sample keycaps might have played a big part in this not being successful. I was very interested in this set but after solarized dark and necro problems I wanted to see at least some sample keycaps. What a shame.

Online LightningXI

• * Esteemed Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #39 on: Tue, 18 December 2018, 11:40:37 »
I feel the same way in that the decreased participation of the OP in answering questions and providing updates was a bit off putting. I trust that the sales may have gone better if it really had been pushed and marketed for
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 December 2018, 11:49:57 by LightningXI »

Offline txclack

« Reply #40 on: Tue, 18 December 2018, 11:47:45 »
I'll definitely say that I never joined due to lack of updates from OP.  Too bad, was a beautiful set.

Online Starston3

« Reply #41 on: Tue, 18 December 2018, 13:49:12 »
Is there a source?

The lack of updates and the fact that there is no sample keycaps might have played a big part in this not being successful. I was very interested in this set but after solarized dark and necro problems I wanted to see at least some sample keycaps. What a shame.

GMK doesn't provide samples until after an order is placed. See the run for GMK Olivia and GMK Mr Sleeves add-on on how it's handled. 

Online vtachkov

« Reply #42 on: Tue, 18 December 2018, 16:31:26 »
Shame, I was looking forward to this set. Maybe it can be run again after some time and more exposure / marketing.

Offline krusli

« Reply #43 on: Wed, 19 December 2018, 19:48:48 »
I read on the AU keyboards Discord from one of the proxies (DailyClack) that the set has been extended. Seems like the set is still up for purchase there and on Kono.

Hopefully it manages to make it, I really like the set.

Offline F2F4

« Reply #44 on: Thu, 20 December 2018, 14:43:46 »
What case is this?

Online Starston3

« Reply #45 on: Thu, 20 December 2018, 14:44:37 »

Offline txclack

« Reply #46 on: Thu, 20 December 2018, 15:56:07 »
wish we could get an update from the OP on whether this was extended or not...

Online LightningXI

• * Esteemed Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #47 on: Thu, 20 December 2018, 15:57:45 »
wish we could get an update from the OP on whether this was extended or not...

took my words right out of my mouth ... or keyboard typing.

ne update avail

Offline Mikiberry

• Eating Okonomiyaki
« Reply #48 on: Thu, 20 December 2018, 22:47:32 »
any updates?

Online ian13

« Reply #49 on: Thu, 20 December 2018, 23:20:52 »
I think this GB was extended? However, it's probably best to have an official statement from the gb starter himself

Offline RaySasQuach

« Reply #50 on: Fri, 21 December 2018, 00:36:04 »
Sorry for the lack of updates here after the group buy ended, but Kono did reach out to me about extending the group buy. I'm not entirely sure if that will be the case since they also told me that it depends on the proxies as well, which is why I didn't make an immediate post and I really should have about it and then updating if it would be extended by then. I was hoping to get their final confirmation about it this week, but I'm not sure about it yet. But if everything goes well, it will be extended, if not then I'll make sure to post the update here as well.

I know there has been some questions about the colors themselves and I will aim for the Janglad renders in the end.

Online LightningXI

• * Esteemed Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 24 December 2018, 02:19:47 »
Sorry for the lack of updates here after the group buy ended, but Kono did reach out to me about extending the group buy. I'm not entirely sure if that will be the case since they also told me that it depends on the proxies as well, which is why I didn't make an immediate post and I really should have about it and then updating if it would be extended by then. I was hoping to get their final confirmation about it this week, but I'm not sure about it yet. But if everything goes well, it will be extended, if not then I'll make sure to post the update here as well.

I know there has been some questions about the colors themselves and I will aim for the Janglad renders in the end.
Even if things are not finalized, we appreciate every update you can provide even if these must say that no particular progress has been made due to a wait! I think answering clients' questions will help bring sales numbers up as well.

Online vtachkov

« Reply #52 on: Sat, 29 December 2018, 11:48:25 »
Any more updates? It would be nice to know if I can expect a refund or the news that this set (and hopefully the other kits) are getting pushed through. Thanks!

Offline sagadoi

« Reply #53 on: Sat, 29 December 2018, 17:39:54 »
any update?
It seems that this kit is on gb for a long time.

Offline outsider

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 31 December 2018, 20:42:12 »
I'd like to see what the final color scheme came out to be like - the renders are conflicting.

Online vtachkov

« Reply #55 on: Mon, 31 December 2018, 23:54:47 »
Looks like Kono updated the page on GMK Shoko to say that it will be open until Jan 15th. Now's your chance to buy this set!

Offline RaySasQuach

« Reply #56 on: Thu, 03 January 2019, 14:27:17 »
Sorry for the lack of updates again, but I caught a really bad cold for the past few days... but Kono extended the group buy to January 15, I wasn't personally notified about this, but I'm really happy about it!
ONly thing to update otherwise is I'm getting Pantone chips and there is a slight possibility that I will switch one of the colors to RAL due to GMK's preference to it (only if I find the colors similar enough to the chip's colors). For reference I'll change 5425C to RAL 5024 if I am happy with it, though I most likely will be.

I'd like to see what the final color scheme came out to be like - the renders are conflicting.

I'm going to get new renders from Janglad for the base kit and maybe another board to show consistency ASAP since that is the render with the colors I like the most. I'll also try to post here the Pantone chips and try to show the colors in neutral lighting if I can.

Offline mkarlsson

Re: [GB] GMK Shoko UPDATE: Group Buy Extended until 01/15/19
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 03 January 2019, 17:55:34 »
Thatís great! Hope I can join in the end. Thanks.

Online ian13

Re: [GB] GMK Shoko UPDATE: Group Buy Extended until 01/15/19
« Reply #58 on: Thu, 03 January 2019, 20:03:41 »
GB extension is actually very much okay if changes will be made. Hopefully, the renders and the new adjustments are finalized ASAP since the 15th is only 10/11 days from now. This will give people more people to see the finalized design and decide - a win-win scenario for both, I guess.

Offline RaySasQuach

Re: [GB] GMK Shoko UPDATE and New Renders!: Group Buy Extended until 01/15/19
« Reply #59 on: Fri, 04 January 2019, 15:31:05 »
We got new kit renders from Janglad!

And Janglad did a great job on these too! Renders on a TGR Alice and Fjell, hopefully these are to everybody's likings.

Offline mkarlsson

« Reply #60 on: Fri, 04 January 2019, 15:47:05 »
Thatís just beautiful!

Offline Boy_314

« Reply #61 on: Fri, 04 January 2019, 15:52:49 »
amazing renders.

Offline otanishock

« Reply #62 on: Fri, 04 January 2019, 19:53:58 »
Is there an update on how far are we from MOQ?

Online ian13

« Reply #63 on: Sat, 05 January 2019, 01:52:38 »
Thank you for the very fast update on the renders! Looking good.

One question though, based on the latest keyboard renders, there seems to have 1.5u SUPER keys but it was not present in the complete render of all the keys in the kit. Will there really be 1.5u super keys in the final production?

Offline RaySasQuach

« Reply #64 on: Sat, 05 January 2019, 03:17:11 »
These are Kono only btw, still looking a bit far off :(
Base Set (250 MOQ)64
Add-On Set (150 MOQ)18
Spacebar Set (150 MOQ)24

One question though, based on the latest keyboard renders, there seems to have 1.5u SUPER keys but it was not present in the complete render of all the keys in the kit. Will there really be 1.5u super keys in the final production?
No there isn't foing to be a 1.5u Super key, Janglad did these really quickly, so I can't really blame him for a minor oversight like this, but it won't be in the final kit.

Offline portbaron

« Reply #65 on: Sat, 05 January 2019, 11:22:13 »
They colorway on this is so nice there should be more people in on it. Maybe the some of the original darker gray renders threw some people off or maybe it was the timing, but this would be worth trying again with just the new renders if this attempt doesn't pan out.
  | LIVING THE 1800 LIFE |

Offline F2F4

« Reply #66 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 10:36:30 »
It looks like the color on the base keys got more white? Is this what the finalization is?

Offline F2F4

« Reply #67 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 11:02:25 »
These are Kono only btw, still looking a bit far off :(
Base Set (250 MOQ)64
Add-On Set (150 MOQ)18
Spacebar Set (150 MOQ)24

No there isn't foing to be a 1.5u Super key, Janglad did these really quickly, so I can't really blame him for a minor oversight like this, but it won't be in the final kit.

Is that MOQ 64/250? Or is that 64 more?

Offline eastern_thug

« Reply #68 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 12:19:40 »

Looks like it's 64/250 sold on Kono only  :(

I really hope this reaches MOQ even though its looking like an uphill battle. The colorway really grew on me especially after the new renders came out.

Any plans to reopen this if MOQ isn't reached?

Offline V. Vega

« Reply #69 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 13:52:55 »

I really hope this reaches MOQ even though its looking like an uphill battle. The colorway really grew on me especially after the new renders came out.

I hope so too!

I already bought my kits, so as far as I'm concerned that money is gone. I have no problem just buying it over and over if it fails and gets run again.
I just hope that doesn't happen.

Offline oldcat

« Reply #70 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 14:57:09 »
(Attachment Link)

I just want that key too....
I might just join the add on kit and hope moq gets met
$ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/oldcat87/
$ ALF Studio Discord: https://discord.gg/NHYnp8g
$ Gray Studio Discord: https://discord.gg/s99eys2

Offline otanishock

« Reply #71 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 18:09:19 »
Guys jump in. There's no other GMK set that would match a light color case better than this. Get it!

Offline RaySasQuach

« Reply #72 on: Wed, 09 January 2019, 04:01:09 »
I got Pantone chips, I don't have a perfect white balanced pic of them atm unfortunately, but I'm really glad I got them actually since 656C since they look very different compared to the Pantones on paper. I'll take a pic with the comparison to the similar RAL color cards later (I don't have plastic samples for these unfortunately).

Yeah I will reopen it, there may be changes in the kit too actually if this is the case.

Offline Emir

« Reply #73 on: Wed, 09 January 2019, 05:56:59 »
Yeah I will reopen it, there may be changes in the kit too actually if this is the case.

base kit icon mods base kit icon mods base kit icon mods base kit icon mods base kit icon mods base kit icon mods

Offline V. Vega

« Reply #74 on: Wed, 09 January 2019, 07:38:19 »
Dropping the numpad from the base kit would be awesome!

Offline otanishock

« Reply #75 on: Wed, 09 January 2019, 07:48:43 »
I'll hope the set will meet MOQ. The more I look the more I fall in love with the colors...

Offline Aerizu

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #76 on: Wed, 09 January 2019, 07:58:23 »
Will zFrontier ever update their prices?

I hope that the spacebar kit makes it! :P

Offline F2F4

« Reply #77 on: Wed, 09 January 2019, 16:52:25 »
What happens if the GB doesn't hit MOQ?

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #78 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 22:05:41 »
I think it'd definitely be worth running this again at a later date.  I think the uncertainty with the colors is what threw a lot of people off - screen color setting differences seemed to make a number of people think it might be a generic grey/white set, and I imagine most people look at IC/GB threads once and make their judgment.  But with the latest renders and the pantones, I think it'd establish that this is a soft blue theme. 

Offline outsider

« Reply #79 on: Fri, 11 January 2019, 16:22:05 »
I think it'd definitely be worth running this again at a later date.  I think the uncertainty with the colors is what threw a lot of people off - screen color setting differences seemed to make a number of people think it might be a generic grey/white set, and I imagine most people look at IC/GB threads once and make their judgment.  But with the latest renders and the pantones, I think it'd establish that this is a soft blue theme. 

Agreed - I think this was a good looking set and thought for sure it would make MOQ. 

What happens if the GB doesn't hit MOQ?

Vendor would refund your payment, just make sure you look at your individual vendor for your area to make sure that's the case.

Online yonghf

« Reply #80 on: Sun, 13 January 2019, 06:03:41 »
Placed my order, really like this set so I hope it hits moq :)

Offline txclack

« Reply #81 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 13:13:37 »
GB ends tomorrow on Kono.  Is there an update on MOQ numbers?

Online LightningXI

• * Esteemed Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #82 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 17:20:54 »

+1 would like to know as well. I would expect an update before this GB actually closes.

Offline otanishock

« Reply #83 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 18:49:09 »
Guys join!

Offline oldcat

« Reply #84 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 21:11:42 »
Guys join!

Iíd buy that novelty for 10 bucks... but no options :(

How is moq looking like?

Offline mkarlsson

« Reply #85 on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 12:23:16 »
Joined!

Hope we make it.

Offline RaySasQuach

« Reply #86 on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 17:00:02 »

+1 would like to know as well. I would expect an update before this GB actually closes.

I just got an update about it, no EU numbers yet I tried to contact a few days ago, but I still haven't gotten a number back, so this is an at least MOQ, sorry I got back so late about this:
121 Base
37 Add On
54 Spacebar

Online Puddsy

• nice
  • * Exalted Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #87 on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 17:01:17 »

I just got an update about it, no EU numbers yet I tried to contact a few days ago, but I still haven't gotten a number back, so this is an at least MOQ, sorry I got back so late about this:
121 Base
37 Add On
54 Spacebar

oof
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Schumiboard" | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | MIRA SE "2Y10M" | TGR Alice "Pink + White" | MEME "Sound Meme" | Keycult No 1 "The Brass Behemoth" | Southpaw Fullsize (when it ships) | Daily driver: TGR Alice

Puddsy's just a post ****

Offline V. Vega

Re: [GB] GMK Shoko UPDATE and New Renders!: Last Day
« Reply #88 on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 18:34:09 »
What a bummer :(
I'll be in again should you run it again, and I hope that you do!

Offline outsider

« Reply #89 on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 19:51:28 »
What a bummer :(
I'll be in again should you run it again, and I hope that you do!

Iím in, hoping we get a surprise on order quantity. If it doesnít make it, I really think it deserves a second shot. Solid, simple set.

Offline otanishock

Offline voxkey

« Reply #91 on: Wed, 16 January 2019, 11:31:00 »
I joined a few days ago and still see it up for sale on both Kono and zFrontier. I really hope it goes through and we hear some news today.

Offline Boy_314

« Reply #92 on: Wed, 16 January 2019, 15:19:35 »
I wouldn't be against extending the group buy even more given the large order number jump with the first extension.

Offline oldcat

« Reply #93 on: Wed, 16 January 2019, 15:52:10 »
At this point, is it possible to include pageup and pagedown for R3 and R4, respectively? That will provide full compatibility for 65% like Canoe. Calm Depth did that and was cheaper, so I am curious whether it is possible.

Since I almost strictly use 65%, if this compatibility can be made I will be in for sure.

Offline hsunwoo1221

« Reply #94 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 19:19:40 »
any updates? I see the gb in kono is still open

Offline outsider

« Reply #95 on: Sat, 19 January 2019, 14:19:43 »
any updates? I see the gb in kono is still open

Same here - interested to know where we are.

Offline voxkey

« Reply #96 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 16:22:41 »
Another day of no news and the GB still appears to be open. We could really use some news. I'd still love the set, but if its not going to happen that money could go towards supporting other projects.

Offline sagadoi

« Reply #97 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 19:05:03 »
Need update news.

Offline otanishock

« Reply #98 on: Mon, 21 January 2019, 01:50:51 »
Uhmm..Guys...Join! lol

Online LightningXI

• * Esteemed Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #99 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 02:08:20 »
This set not only requires more promoting but also needs much more active involvement from the running team to making it happen. This means providing frequent updates (at least weekly) on how things are going, and to use these numbers to bolster people and pushing them to support.

The colors are also not the easiest ones to get down on plastic, so it draws a bit of skepticism. I would encourage the runner to consider more activity and more self-promotion for Shoko.

Offline Emir

« Reply #100 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 05:01:24 »
I would also like to see more activity from the runner. The runner has time to sit and post in discord all day(from my observation, at least), but not reply in his own thread? :/ I don't track him in Discord so idk if that is still the case today, but it used  to be earlier in the Shoko GB. If it is a matter of being too busy, then perhaps don't run a GB at that point in your life..

It is a shame, I actually love the set, but I know many of my friends who are turned off by the behaviour from the runner.

If it gets a second run, I hope this detail with communication is sorted out, because in a world where there's a lot of skepticism regarding muted colorways, comm is key. The way I see it, at least.
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 January 2019, 05:03:10 by Emir »

Online _GMK_

« Reply #101 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 05:44:02 »
--- canceled

Offline otanishock

« Reply #102 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 06:04:33 »
Not an outcome I'd expect from the runner, but oh well, there's nothing we can really do about it.

On a side note. Guys...join!  :cool:

Offline lunr

« Reply #103 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 09:07:00 »
updaaaaaaaaaates

though, the buy page is still up on kono... give me my money back already.